Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 6th, 2003, 11:33 AM   #1
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Default Edf

The following is a repost of a repost that has been lost since the move.

Repost 1:

Just musing here

I have come to the realization of just how big a fan I am of SteveW and Hobbs work; I do believe their fleet belongs on the big screen.

While thinking of how you might use the Fleet I came up with a few questions. Like who owns the Battlestar image and design? I’m not too sure it’s Universal; does it belong to the collector who now owns the original model? What if he did own the video rights and agreed to license his ship for use in a movie. What non-Battlestar story might be written for it?

Tossing these questions into the empty zone between my ears followed large cup of hot black coffee the following image came floating out.

http://www.starcmd.com/EDF/main.htm

end repost.

This link will take you a web sit I have been playing with (which is why it looks so crude), the story has grown quite long since its inception, so I moved it there rather than tie up Colonial bandwidth and disk space with it. It will, continue to grow.

Initially the story was intended to provide a visual foundation for SteveW’s fleet but feed back from board members have encouraged me to focus more on the the charactors and a little less on the visual aspects of the ships. A bit of a challenge, but one I enjoy doing.

For those who have been following the story, I rewrote the end of Aaron Tee’s adventure, the original just didn’t seem right, then added more.

I have a new character, an Irishman commanding a Guardian, he wasn’t supposed to be there, but fate has some strange ways of doing things. I gamed out some of the sequences he was involved in and he turned out to something of a star. I’m still working the dialogs There is a destroyer captain I am toying with, not sure how much development he will get.
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2003, 11:03 AM   #2
repcisg
Bad Email Address

*thwack*

:bash:
Old June 17th, 2003, 02:24 PM   #3
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

repcisg,

Just read the story. It's good. Is this the first segment of a larger story or is it meant to be a "stand-alone" story?

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2003, 04:23 PM   #4
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Hi BST,

Thanks for reading it, glad you liked it.

It started out as a story to describe how we might use SteveW's fleet and the Battlestar models floating around. From there it has grown.

Its technology base is similar to BSG so at some point we could have a first contact story between the people of Earth and the Battlestar and her fleet.

At this point it looks like I'll be developing a thread around Lee, Aaron T and a new character I'm developing. The new character will be a young middle aged Captain of a Guardian Class Cruiser.

This will give us three characters to follow one old, one middle-aged, and one young.

I say "US" because I wrote this for this group and am open to ideas and suggestions.
Old June 17th, 2003, 04:54 PM   #5
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Interesting concept...it would be nice for the "first contact" to be in an era where we would actually be able to help the Colonials (and ourselves) in the war against the Cylons.

Keep up the good work!

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote