Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 15th, 2003, 08:32 AM   #1
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default A SEX Show

After seeing the pictures of the Gals of Galactica one must come to this sad reality. Most of them look like 10's. The new Baltar looks like a fashion model ready for action with number 6. What a world we live in when it takes sex to sell a TV classic like BG. Not that the original didn't have sex but rather it was done with class. One other train of thought goes to Enterprise. T'Pol was in HEAT due to Ponn'farr. Dr Phloxx was stuck in a room with her looking for a MEDICAL cure for the problem when she wanted to get cured the old fashioned way. Too bad I wasn't stuck in the room with her.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2003, 09:17 AM   #2
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Sex sells, Kingfish. It's easier to photograph a pretty girl or write a sex scene than it does to actually think.

Moore put everything that is cliche' into one script, and then insults us by calling it Battlestar Galactica. There is nothing original in this script, in my view, and nothing Galactica. What puzzles me the most is, if he was interested in taking the easy path, why didn't he base his script on Battlestar Galactica? It would have been just as easy.

We may never know the answer to that.

BTW - I watched Enterprise last night, too. I believe the expression is "hubba-hubba". (I did think they could have done it better, although I was a little envious of Phloxx, too.)

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2003, 10:22 AM   #3
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default You know Dawg

I wanted to take a moment to let you know how Happy I am to have you onboard!

When you first came, you were a Fan willing to give Moore a chance because you hadn't seen the Script.

Once you saw it, you came on like a Warrior with a Vengence.

Glad to have ya!
LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2003, 10:30 AM   #4
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I missed how they ended up resolving her problem... (toddler pre-bedtime attack) All I saw was Maxwell and Tripp acting a little sheepish afterwards. Last part I saw of that story part was t'pol throwing Maxwell against a wall and running off.

Anyone care to test out one of Thomas' spoiler boxes and fill me in?

And Raymar is right: the G03 helmets look A LOT like Enterprise's regular gear. Sad.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2003, 10:56 AM   #5
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan Force

Thanks, LSF, and I'm glad to be here, too.

Yes, I was willing to give the Moore effort a chance, until I saw what it really was. Now, I'm willing to fight against it for the same reasons you are.

So bring it on!

Jewels:

Spoiler
She escaped from decon (knocking Phloxx briefly unconscious), Phloxx called and told Maxwell to evacuate the deck, then Maxwell and 2 security guys cornered her in the corridor and, after she came on to Maxwell ("when was the last time you mated?") they stunned her. The next thing we saw was her on the floor in decon, Phloxx hovering over her, giving her an injection. He confirmed it was that microbe that triggered her early Ponn'Farr. She asked if she had done anything inappropriate(!), but he waved it away, saying he keeps his patients' private matters private.

Of course, I don't think the "spoiler" is necessary, but it's fun.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Old May 15th, 2003, 11:00 AM   #6
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default What kind of Injection was that Dawg?

hehehehehehe
LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2003, 11:06 AM   #7
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan Force

hehehehehehe

I am
Dawg

My Places:

Tombs of Kobol
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:25 PM   #8
repcisg
Bad Email Address

It works!
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 10:16 AM   #9
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Default Yank the retread

As far as I'm concerned. The remake should be yanked before they totally screw BG's chances for a decent return.
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2003, 10:04 PM   #10
Senmut
Strike Leader

I'll admit I am no puritan, but this is supposed to be BSG, not the Playboy Channel. Moore, like most modern "creative" people, can't see how to do anything without a whole lot of boinking goin' on. As to taking the easy way, and just doing the real thing, well, he wouldn't have been able to stroke, soothe, and feed his bloated ego that way. He HAS to reimagine it, because he is such an "artist". Yeah. And Atilla the Hun was a Red Cross volunteer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote