Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REEL-WORLD CONNECTION > Chats, Interviews, and Podcasts
Notices

Old March 15th, 2010, 07:34 AM   #1
MAD
Bad Email Address

Default new interviews with Richard Edlund, Phil Tippett and Paula Crist

I've put up a couple new interviews I recently did.

RICHARD EDLUND

Richard is very well known for award winning cinematography work of the miniatures and special effects on both Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica. I did a long 90 minutes interview with him.

Richard Edlund GALACTICA.TV interview

JOHN SHOURT

Many have probably never heard from John or his work on Battlestar Galactica, but after buying this copy of his concept artwork for a (unused) ship in the ragtag fleet, I HAD to know more about his work. He worked at the art and model department and was the one that painted "GALACTICA" on the main ship, but also painted the mask of the Imperious Leader (among others). Nice interview with a lesser known crew member.

John Shourt GALACTICA.TV interview

PHIL TIPPETT

Phil is probably best know for his creature designs. For Battlestar Galactica he created the Ovion, but also did a lot of work on movies like Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Starship Troopers and what more. He sadly didn't do that much on Battlestar Galactica, but I thought his Ovion image was GOLD!

Phil Tippett GALACTICA.TV interview

PAULA CRIST

Paula was a stunt woman on the Battlestar Galactica series and they basically made the Ovion costume using her as a living mannequin. I owned this great collection of photos of these fittings (which I included in the article) and she was kind enough to answer some of my questions about those by email.

Paula Crist GALACTICA.TV interview

Enjoy! More good stuff later... (I always like reading feedback, so don't be shy. )
MAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Default Re: new interviews with Richard Edlund, Phil Tippett and Paula Crist

Cool. Thanks for posting that.

I also really enjoyed the photos.

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote