Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old June 23rd, 2003, 06:48 AM   #1
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Admin
BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

LOL 43 New Pictures at GenreOnline.net

June 23, 2003

43 New Pictures at GenreOnline.net

GenreOnline.net has posted 43 pictures for the upcoming mini-series on the Sci-Fi Channel. You can view the pictures at the following link. At the bottom of each picture page on GenreOnline.net is a link to view the next page to see all 43 pictures.

http://www.genreonline.net/Battlesta...os_Sci-Fi.html
StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 07:37 AM   #2
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default WOW

That outer space suit and tie really makes me believe this is some far off civilization.

I feel like it's Independence Day 2 except the President's wife didn't die and she's flying around on Air Force One.

Why make Battlestar Galactica when it seems like you want to step away from the source material at every step?

I keep hoping to see something come out that will make me want to watch this, but each new image from the suit and tie to the redressed helicopter prop does more to convince me not to tune in.

In a production that could have such incredible designs and visuals, so far this is a rehash of borrowed set, ship and prop designs. Uninspiring and unimaginative. Sadly the production it stole the least from is Galactica. (It's nice to see Blue Thunder get some use again though, although Airwolf could use the work)

It's funny how the Viper pic got some people (including myself) excited, but it's clear that it is just a crumb thrown out to the original fans... just like the old (original) Cylon in the glass case. Wonder why they would include a couple of those shots in this picture release? Maybe to fool people into thinking this is Battlestar Galactica.

I don't even want to think about the schematics of the Battlestar.

Oh the pain... the pain. Sorry, wrong reimagining. It so makes me appreciate the talent, design and creativity of the original though.
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 07:50 AM   #3
The Blue Mule
Warrior

Low Concept Studios presents, a Ziltch Budget Production in associate with Anime WanneBe International gives you "BattleSCAR (boyyouhavealotof) GAULactica."

Hey RD MOORE! you know what time it is? Its a Taco passed a Burritto. This *Look* was interesting about 23 years ago with low budget and better written productions like Battle Beyond the Stars or The Last Starfighter.

Jeeeze Louise !

WOW! The appreciation that I have for the original Galactica production crew as hurried as they were,just grew 1000 fold. They will always have my undying gratitude and utmost respect.

Hope the new production rusts in 10 crepe suzettes!

Rich "still can't stop shaking my head" Kranz

P.S. the Taco,Buritto,and Suzette reference is part of the Mad Magazine's spoof of Battlstar Galactica. Very Funny.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 08:23 AM   #4
conconcv66
Bad Email Address

OMG they gave her a hull number BSG-75
we know what the BS stand for and its not battlestar it's bull well you know.
conconcv66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 09:13 AM   #5
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Good GOD!

David's right, it IS Indepenence day II.

With just a little rework you could make this into ID4 - The day after.

RDM and the SciFi sutio exec's are Idiots!
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 09:25 AM   #6
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

I am depressed.

Those images show me us, 10 or 15 years up the road (maximum). They don't show me Battlestar Galactica.

The weapons look like plastic .45's.

The Raptor - well, nevermind, it's been said.

I cannot fully express my disappointment.
:bash: :upchuck:

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 10:27 AM   #7
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

No really, Dawg, tell us what you really think.
GalacticanCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 11:05 AM   #8
RGrant
Shuttle Pilot

David, if you don't mind me saying, you are one sexy Cylon. Hubba hubba.
RGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 12:47 PM   #9
repcisg
Bad Email Address

That Raptor or is it a shuttle, what ever they're trying make into it is clearly a chopper. They didn't even bother to remove the rotor hub on top or replace the cranked tail. Not to mention the wires holding it up (this is a publicity photo isn't it?)

Ya know, at one point I was concerned they might produce something passable. But ths is goofy!!!!!

Just wait, when this is broadcast the boards are going to light up and Scifi is going to get ripped, really bad. TOS was accused of ripping off Star Wars, but this thing - well you name it and its there but ID4 must have really stuck in RDMs mind.

I will give RDM this, he wanted to stir the passion in the viewers hearts, well he has succeded with this viewer. I can already feel my review.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 02:37 PM   #10
repcisg
Bad Email Address

In an othere thread I commented on the similarities between then new mini and a WWII fighter called the P-75. It too was a composite of parts.

But really BSG-75 and P-75?
Old June 23rd, 2003, 03:49 PM   #11
SeoulWind

Well.... It all looks ok as some other SF adventure. I might even watch it if it were. Still ain't BSG though.

That shuttle looks seriously undersized and about worthless as a personnel transport. Maybe it's got tardis technology inside?

Why bother at all with the TOS Cylon, it's not a nod to the fans it's more like a slap in the face...

The schematics of the Galactica are interesting. Reminiscent of our beloved G from the top but very different from the side. Not much of an indication of how the bays retract. The displays seem very Trek-ish to me (I'm sorry, I'm trying to be objective but I can't keep it up - I want the original G back and everything that went with her!)

And that Cylon girl - I'm sorry, it might just be me but what the H-E-Double Toothpicks is the new Baltar thinking??? No accounting for taste indeed!

Overall impression - looking at the sets and the props and all, I just get this impression of vaccuous emptiness. Sigh.

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea
Old June 23rd, 2003, 04:46 PM   #12
Bug-Eyed Earl
Shuttle Pilot

Apollo looks sinister. It's a good thing Boomer becomes Boxey's surrogate parent, since most kids would be scared to death of that mug.
Bug-Eyed Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 06:50 PM   #13
Orrin_73
Shuttle Pilot

Has anyone noticed?

The bridge looks very much Star Treky.
Orrin_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 08:44 PM   #14
originalsinner

Oh my lord

What have they done with our Galactica
The Vipers were okay, the unifroms are so so , but WHAT UP WITH WITH THE EARTH WARE, Moore, after this you are done, not just BSG but anything to do with SCIFI, AND THE, same goes for Bonnie Hammer, go back to the LIfetime network. RICHARD HATCH AND TOM DESANTO SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE'S TO TAKE OVER! Makes me wont to yank to cable wire out of the wall :evil:

:uhdrop:
Old June 23rd, 2003, 08:51 PM   #15
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

I would like to point out that my wife, who is so-so on science fiction and barely tolerates my current obsession with BSG, expressed the same disappointment as we are when I showed her the pictures tonight.

She barely remembers the original show (but I have been reminding her of it on a daily basis for months, now), but even she can't see BSG in any of the production stills, either.

I am very proud.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 09:00 PM   #16
originalsinner

Yes Dawg, from up here, it is a very sad day, for all us Warriors. Someone pass me the Vomit bag! :upchuck: :upchuck:
Old June 24th, 2003, 04:37 AM   #17
WXM
Shuttle Pilot

ENOUGH!!!

I'm sorry to rain on the negativity parade here, but I think someone has to as this is getting really pathetic. It's so easy for you all to sit at your computers and spew words of negativity (followed by cute little 'throwing-up' or whatever smileys), but I've come to the conclusion that maybe most of you don't know what goes into trying to create a piece of entertainment, especially one that is intended to entice the interest of A LARGE NUMBER of people. Well, I've made films. I know what's involved with, not only satisfying with the finished product, but also attracting an audience ahead of time via carefully chosen publicity material that shows the finished product in its best light.

To Dawg, originalsinner, repcisg, and the rest of you: seriously and honestly, if you were given ten million dollars to produce a second BSG series, and your goal was to entice both original BSG fans and any other average sci-fi fan (of any age) with the end product--make them go "WOW! THIS I HAVE TO SEE!"--do you really think that your efforts of chosing designers, costumers, set builders, directors of photography, etc., would yield something better then this?:
http://www.genreonline.net/Galactica_2_Sci-fi.html

Now, if you all are telling me that your answer is "HELL YES!", "WITH MY EYES CLOSED!", "IN MY SLEEP!" then I say to you... well... uh... um... Okay, I admit it. You probably could. (...with your eyes closed... and even in your sleep... using the patterns of drool on your pillow as inspiration...)
:upchuck:

(For those who got so mad they stopped reading above and jumped here, the reply above is a scarcastic joke. Those pics from BSG2003 are... well, you guys have nailed it here well enough, a few times. I'll just hurl one last "HA!" at those 'publicity stills' from BSG2003. In a word: wretch-ched! Poor kids of today...)

--------------
- WXM
Sometimes known as 'a guy who is sometimes sarcastic'
WXM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2003, 07:21 AM   #18
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Unhappy

43 reasons why not to watch. If I were doing this show I wouldn't piss off the entire fanbase. Better to have some on your side than none. This show is Galactica in name only. What made it special is gone. True that most of the female stars are babes but that was never the original point of TOS Galactica. The ladies on TOS were both HOT and CLASSY. A great deal was left to the imagination. On this new show we will see what we missed on TOS. I will not see it because I will not watch.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2003, 10:29 AM   #19
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

WXM:
I think the Farscaper's have a saying "H*ll Yeah" we could. and we'd have gotten the actors we wanted, a kick-*** production team... a story worth the film it's on & then some.

Yeah, any of us, in our sleep could have done better. Apreciate the sarcasm though

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2003, 11:44 AM   #20
repcisg
Bad Email Address

WXM,

Nicely done!

I'm not normally that verbose in my feelings, but good greif this thing really looks like it was done on the cheap!
Old June 25th, 2003, 10:46 AM   #21
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

The bald guy standing next to EJO in one of the pictures is supposed to be Paul Tigh. If you look at the photo quickly he reminds you of General Hammond(Don S Davis) from Stargate.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2003, 06:30 PM   #22
originalsinner

I think i can do alot of good things in my sleep, like doing a better BSG. In fact i bet, every Warrior on this site could come up with a better idea then what Moore Ron can come up with! A actor wearing a three piece suit, . Unifroms out of "SeaQuest" A REAL Cylon stuffed in box! no nnnnnnnnnuuutttttttsssss Starbuck,
Hopefully this crazy thing will come, and GO AWAY :p
Old June 25th, 2003, 10:37 PM   #23
BSG RECON
Shuttle Pilot

the schematics of the galactica are different especially the landing bays and the aft section?
BSG RECON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2003, 11:29 PM   #24
Senmut
Strike Leader

YES, I Could do better. First, I would find what made the original loved by its fans. Second, I would not dis the countless fans who wrote in with snide arrogant retorts, treating them like brainless worms. Perhaps I don't have an ego the size of Carillon, like Moore does. But I know i could do a Hades Hole of alot better.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2003, 11:39 PM   #25
Senmut
Strike Leader

Sorry to post twice in a row, but...i saw the pix, and I have two questions. What is Vulpa doing in there. AND, can you say---Honor Harrington book covers???????
Old June 26th, 2003, 12:58 AM   #26
BSG RECON
Shuttle Pilot

I tend to agree with SENMUT that the bridge shots resemble Honor Harringtons book covers ( I hope that he would never make an honor harrington or Elizabeth Moon film) it probably would resemble the new version of planet of the apes. I agree with with Dave Kerin remarks about the Battlestar schematics, I would love to know what the aft section pf the Battlestar really looks like. It looks likw 2 additional mini launch bays have been added (it has indicated that the Galactica has under gone major changes.
BSG RECON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2003, 01:21 PM   #27
Senmut
Strike Leader

Not just the bridge, RECON. The uniforms, too, though I didn't see any bridge babes with upper decks the size of Caprica, as I expected. AGAIN, proof, were any needed, that these people have NO creativity whatsoever, and just steal to keep themselves employed.

"Just shout my name. it will stop any opera diva in her tracks!"- Wo Fat
Old July 27th, 2003, 09:57 PM   #28
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Like I said Dawg in a previous POST ...................
better things can be found at MJ Designs!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote