Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 28th, 2003, 10:13 PM   #1
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Default For LucianG - About the Pegasus

Tony,

I promised I'd spill the beans about Tom DeSanto's intentions for the battlestar Pegasus if his production wasn't coming to fruition. As things stand, and since it doesn't appear to be happening, here's some insights on what was discussed. (I know Paul/Kingfish was especially interested in this, too.)

- The return of the Pegasus was intended for an ongoing BG television series, not the pilot episode. The Pegasus's return would probably coincide with a Nielsen sweeps week.
- The Pegasus is known to have returned to the Colonial fleet during season two or three. (Dramatic pause: "There was NO season two or three? What are you talking about?") Well, the DeSanto universe is a continuation of the original BG series 20-30 yahrens later. During the Colonials' second or third yahren, Commander Cain managed to rejoin the fleet. However, tragedy struck and the Pegasus heroically saves the fleet, but was unable to catch up/rejoin. She is "lost amongst the stars."
- We learn that Cain died in battle, but that Sheba had rejoined him on the Pegasus.
- With the Colonials settling on a new homeworld (as seen in the pilot episode before being forced back on the run), I assume the Pegasus has time to track them down. And perhaps they learn from neighboring star systems about the location of the Colonials/what direction they took. Or followed a trail left by the fleet's adventures.
- Sheba (Anne Lockhart) now commands the Pegasus. She has assumed her father's mantle -- and his characteristics. The crew is older, but fiercely loyal to her. And they have new allies amongst the crew. (Aliens or other Colonial survivors/descendants, I don't know.)

Because it isn't known if Apollo has rejoined the fleet by this time, I can't say whether he and Sheba reunite. There were discussions to use occasional flashback imagery to convey some things during the pilot/series, or so I heard. I don't know if Apollo and Sheba's short-lived romance (due to the 1979 cancellation) was worth revisiting or not. (I guess it depends on network execs, the length of the script, etc.)

So, do know: The Pegasus was due to return in DeSanto's universe. Sheba was in command. Cain had already passed. Think "Sheba the Pirate Queen" and you get a sense for the Pegasus. They've spent 20+ yahrens in space, surviving on their own.

The rest of the storyline? You'll have to ask Tom DeSanto. That's all he'd share with me. He didn't want to spoil anything else at the time.

It's also a reason that Sheba didn't show up in the DeSanto BG pilot. And another way to bring back an original series character into the fold, more likely a temporary guest starring role at that. (I can't imagine Sheba would be an ongoing part of that new show, although one could always hope.)

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 03:30 AM   #2
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Once again folks, DeSanto appeared to have a clue....when I read this kind of stuff I get angier. Then my imagination fills in the blanks and I am calmed....then I remember this is not what Moore is giving me, "Hulk get angry"!

I hope, I can have hope right, that our X2 campaign leads to drafting Tom DeSanto. I look forward to hearing the council's views on "drafting" DeSanto.
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 06:45 AM   #3
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default That Makes Sense

Thanks for sharing.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 07:06 AM   #4
the3rdhuman
Bad Email Address

Default Fueling anger

It hurts to hear about what was within our grasp.

Still hoping for something to happen but not counting on it.
the3rdhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 07:16 AM   #5
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Michael
Why is it that the good stuff gets shelved and the crap gets produced?
S
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 07:21 AM   #6
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by Stevew
Michael
Why is it that the good stuff gets shelved and the crap gets produced?
S

Steve we are at the mercy of fools who can't see the money at their fingertips.
Old April 29th, 2003, 08:13 AM   #7
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

They need to put me in charge LOL Did You see the Guardian?
I am real happy with it
S
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 08:50 AM   #8
RGrant
Shuttle Pilot

Thumbs up

The award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Avatars goes to 3rdhuman. I don't see how that one will ever be topped. :p
RGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 08:54 AM   #9
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by Stevew
They need to put me in charge LOL Did You see the Guardian?
I am real happy with it
S

Yes I did. Also voted for it and ranked it excellent.
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:00 AM   #10
the3rdhuman
Bad Email Address

Default RGrant

Thank you sir!

Many more to come.
the3rdhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:49 AM   #11
LucianG
Warrior

Michael,

Thanks for the insights. To know that there was still a place for Sheba, whether as an occasional guest or ultimately perhaps eventually even a series regular makes me even more disappointed in what is being falsely advertised as Battlestar Galactica instead of the cheap ripoff that it really is. In fact, it is so disappointing to know what "could have been" in the BG universe as a whole, and should still be, if not for the flippant desires of those who have the power to actually make decisions and steer the course our show will ultimately take. Ultimately, the imitation may become BG, but for those of us who know what was before, that is highly unlikely.

Tony

"Tilting at the SciFi windmill"
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 02:10 PM   #12
KJ
Strike Leader

Default the3rdhuman

Hey i'll have small fries, one Jr Meal, Large Coke, two apple pies and a diddy donuts to go along with my.........Oops hey i thought that guy, he was real BurgerKing worker dddddamn!

Hey it makes for a good career change for Ron Moor.. Moore Ron right?

KJ

Hey 3rdhuman nice one! great work, Rgrant's right, no one can top that one.
Old April 30th, 2003, 07:09 AM   #13
cobrastrikelead
Bad Email Address

Sounds like the house 's good stuff. Put it on my tab.
cobrastrikelead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2003, 09:03 AM   #14
newt
Warrior

Default Thanks

Thanks, Michael. What could have been,what should have been, destroyed by a popcorn hating Burger King cashier....