Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > All About Models
Notices
All About Models Information on making models, real or CGI. Tutorials as well.
Requests and questions should be posted here.

Old November 24th, 2005, 08:05 AM   #1
jjrakman

Cool Colonial Movers

http://cgi.ebay.com/BATTLESTAR-GALAC...QQcmdZViewItem
Old November 24th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #2
Griffworks
Builder of the RTF

That's a nice kit, tho not quite accurate. It needs some work. I've got two of them and am in the proces of - slowly! - accurizing one. BlueSquad2001 has one that I traded him (got a TOS Colonial Warrior Blaster out of the dea - finall!) that he was doing an awesome job of accurizing last I saw! You might shoot him an email/PM and ask if he'd share pics.

Be advised, tho, that the CM kit isn't exactly to-scale w/the Monogram battlestar kit. It's closer to 1/2500. The R-M battlestar kit comes to a length of 17.75” / 45.7cm. At 6080’ / 1,853.2m (one nautical mile, which I prefer), this scales out to 1/3137 scale. At 4150’ / 1,265m, this scales out to 1/2806 scale.

BTW, "fedmod" - the eBay seller - is a retailer I've dealt with quite a bit over the years. They're usually pretty quick and I've never had a problem in my dealings. If it's any consideration, I highly recommend them. Especially if you can win that auction at $30, as the kit when purchased thru Federation Models (fedmod) is $40, plus shipping!
Old November 24th, 2005, 10:28 AM   #3
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Here she is. Have'nt touched her in a week or so, been too busy, but I did alot of chopping and sprue stretching and adding newer and more accurate parts to her. The cargo containers nee to be rounded on the edges and plating re-done, but she can be a great kit. If you don't mind the scratch building.