Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old September 18th, 2010, 03:01 AM   #1
MAD
Bad Email Address

Default 32nd Anniversary special on GALACTICA.TV

Happy anniversary! To celebrate the anniversary GALACTICA.TV brings you a lot of deleted Battlestar Galactica video material that wasn’t on the DVD set (keep your fingers crossed they one day put it ALL on bluray). We’ve added newly found concept art by Andrew Probert, Dan Goozee, Martin Kline, Steve Amos and Joe Johnston to their already existing galleries. I found 8 new costume designs of Jean-Pierre Dorleac, like these really nice ones of Miri and Kyle from “The Young Lords” episode

We interviewed Haleen Holt who was Jean-Pierre Dorleac’s illustrator on the costumes, Jack Gill who stunt doubled for Dirk Benedict and also was in the Cylon suit and Sarah Rush (coming soon). I wrote articles on the history of the Daggit and Ovion costume and added unique, never seen images like this:

Last but not least, I wrote an article on who REALLY designed the Colonial Warrior costume, 4 years before preproduction on the Battlestar Galactica series started. Judge for yourself:

I hope this peaked your interest enough to visit the website (www.galactica.tv) and check some of this out.

Enjoy!
MAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #2
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: 32nd Anniversary special on GALACTICA.TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD

I hope this peaked your interest enough to visit the website (www.galactica.tv) and check some of this out.

Enjoy!
Marcel,

Thanks for posting this.. I popped in to check out the site last night and will be doing so again. You've really done a nice job with it!

Pete

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #3
MAD
Bad Email Address

Thanks man, appreciate it.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:12 AM   #4
WarMachine
Warrior

Well... 3:57 - 4:09 states explicitly that after Molokay there were only five Battlestars - led by the Galactica - to protect the Colonies.

This means that there is now a canonical question: is this video considered canonical, or not? If not, fine - it's just interesting. This is supported by GAL's statements about "no fixed number of Battlestars".

OTOH...Eeeeewwwwwww.......That might require a rethink.....
Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:16 PM   #5
MAD
Bad Email Address

GAL could also have forgotten how many there really were. The video material is real deleted material that was shot at the time, though I must admid it could have been an ADR voice over with new storyline they made up when the telemovies where made (but even then also that story line idea is almost 3 decades old).
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:53 PM   #6
LZaza
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
Well... 3:57 - 4:09 states explicitly that after Molokay there were only five Battlestars - led by the Galactica - to protect the Colonies.

This means that there is now a canonical question: is this video considered canonical, or not? If not, fine - it's just interesting. This is supported by GAL's statements about "no fixed number of Battlestars".

OTOH...Eeeeewwwwwww.......That might require a rethink.....
Canon to me is just the original series. I don't even consider the deleted scenes to be canon, just food for thought.

Of course, there are differing opinions on this. But seeing as how the books, TV series, and telemovies seem to contradict each other, it seems pragmatic to choose one over the others. And in that light, it's a "no brainer".
LZaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:55 PM   #7
LZaza
Warrior

Oops, forgot to add my kudos to Marcel. Great site. A real testament to your love of BSG!
LZaza is offline   Reply With Quote