Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old July 1st, 2005, 08:14 PM   #1
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Big Grin King Kong Trailer

King Kong Trailer

Check it out.

Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2005, 09:57 PM   #2
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Looks good. I saw it as a preview before War of the Worlds.
Old July 2nd, 2005, 06:50 AM   #3
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Oh my, that does look good.

Old July 2nd, 2005, 11:15 AM   #4
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

It looks like it has the potential to be a very good movie.

I have to admit, I ain't holdin' my breath about it though. I haven't quite jumped on the Peter Jackson bandwagon yet.

If you wanna get a taste for what Peter Jackson used to do before many people bowed down to his supposed greatness at the Lord of the Rings, then you need to see the movie "Meet the Feebles." (Basically an R rated Muppet Show.) This muppet movie is a laugh riot, and in all respects DEFINITELY NOT RIGHT.

I will make time to watch the LotR trilogy, but I have to admit, the first twenty minutes of Fellowship put me right to sleep...so I have to shore myself up a little more, as I am sure that the LotR trilogy is truly good.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old July 2nd, 2005, 01:33 PM   #5
Fragmentary

Ironcially, I would encourage people to gouge out their own eyes before accidently watching "Meet the Feebles". But then klingons have much different tastes in movies

I think the visuals and effects in the King Kong trailer look awesome. But I am having some trouble accepting Jack Black as a serious actor. I'm pretty sure that I'll just wind up waiting the entire movie for him to fall into his usual schtick.
Fragmentary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2005, 09:12 AM   #6
Spike The Cylon
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112
It looks like it has the potential to be a very good movie.

I have to admit, I ain't holdin' my breath about it though. I haven't quite jumped on the Peter Jackson bandwagon yet.

If you wanna get a taste for what Peter Jackson used to do before many people bowed down to his supposed greatness at the Lord of the Rings, then you need to see the movie "Meet the Feebles." (Basically an R rated Muppet Show.) This muppet movie is a laugh riot, and in all respects DEFINITELY NOT RIGHT.

I will make time to watch the LotR trilogy, but I have to admit, the first twenty minutes of Fellowship put me right to sleep...so I have to shore myself up a little more, as I am sure that the LotR trilogy is truly good.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Ah, yes, "Meet The Feebles". The only movie to ever give me nightmares.

Fleeing From The Cylon Tyranny, The Last Battlestar, Galactica, Leads a Rag-tag Fugitive Fleet On A Lonely Quest. A Shining Planet, Known As....Earth!
Spike The Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2005, 10:06 AM   #7
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragmentary
Ironcially, I would encourage people to gouge out their own eyes before accidently watching "Meet the Feebles". But then klingons have much different tastes in movies

I think the visuals and effects in the King Kong trailer look awesome. But I am having some trouble accepting Jack Black as a serious actor. I'm pretty sure that I'll just wind up waiting the entire movie for him to fall into his usual schtick.

I was staying with some friends who had a VERY VERY crazy taste in movies, and one day they were watching "Meet the Feebles." As I sat and watched it with them, I was laughing my head off....it was just NOT RIGHT!
Old August 25th, 2005, 04:58 PM   #8
jonahlee
Warrior

I am not sure what I think about this trailer. I really like the New York stuff, but the skull island stuff just looks too digital to me. Have any of you check out the Production diaries at Kong is King? I actually edited 2 of the early ones of those, though haven't been a part of it since. I am really looking forward to it because I am a huge Peter Jackson fan. i love his early films, though Meet the Feebles, is pretty hard to watch.

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion." -Piter de Vries

http://www.whaleofatale.net
jonahlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2005, 07:06 PM   #9
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahlee
I am not sure what I think about this trailer. I really like the New York stuff, but the skull island stuff just looks too digital to me. Have any of you check out the Production diaries at Kong is King? I actually edited 2 of the early ones of those, though haven't been a part of it since. I am really looking forward to it because I am a huge Peter Jackson fan. i love his early films, though Meet the Feebles, is pretty hard to watch.
You really have to be in a very...very....very bizarre mood to watch Meet the Feebles.
Old August 25th, 2005, 07:26 PM   #10
jonahlee
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112
You really have to be in a very...very....very bizarre mood to watch Meet the Feebles.
You know I liked the film the first time I saw it, but I was in college, so I was probably very very high. And watching it again I thought it was almost unwatchable. Now BRAIN DEAD and BAD TASTE, those movies rocked. As did HEAVENLY CREATURES, and introduced the word to Kate Winslet, slobber, drool drool.

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion." -Piter de Vries

http://www.whaleofatale.net
jonahlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2005, 08:45 AM   #11
Dys
Shuttle Pilot

It looks good to me it might be one of the better re-makes.
Dys is offline   Reply With Quote