Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old November 27th, 2005, 05:36 PM   #1
WarriorChemist
Shuttle Pilot

Heart Michael and his Greeblies

I took this picture of Michael playing with his new greeblies and thought I'd post it. He could do this stuff all day. LOL!

Old November 27th, 2005, 11:31 PM   #2
Lara
Squadron Leader

Its nice to see people getting in contact with their creative sides! Is he on the floor because there's better light down there, or is the table already full??

Cheers,
Lara
Old November 28th, 2005, 04:16 AM   #3
WarriorChemist
Shuttle Pilot

Default You got it...

Yes, he's in the floor because there is definitely no room on the tables or the desk. I should send a picture of the art room sometime. There's a lot going on in here! He ended up moving the greeblies downstairs to the dining room table, promising not to leave them there for long. They are still there, but I'll wait until after work today to gripe about it. LOL!

Now my kitchen counter is a little molding/casting lab. Stuff is everywhere, but it has been fun doing something new and getting so close to actually completing a project FINALLY! We've found that it really takes a lot of material to make a mold. One $26 kit only had enough in it to make one vertical stabilizer and a few greeblies. I just ordered $180 of supplies in bulk and hopefully this will be enough to finish the product.

I also ordered something to make a surprise! It will be something different and very cool!
Old November 29th, 2005, 03:23 AM   #4
Lara
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorChemist
Yes, he's in the floor because there is definitely no room on the tables or the desk. I should send a picture of the art room sometime.

Takes space wars into a new dimension!!

A friend of mine who's into modified and scratch built tanks has taken the vertical stacking solution: he got a old set of horizontal plan drawers at a garage sale, and uses it to lay out his bits when sorting. The drawer action is smooth enough to pull out an dpush in without everything rolling around, and being only a couple of inches deep, its all spread out in a thin layer. He gets 8 times the horizontal surface for the floor space and his wife can invite friends to dinner..and get to sit at the table!!

Cheers,
Lara

Edit - fixed ending Quote tag. BST
Old November 29th, 2005, 05:04 AM   #5
WarriorChemist
Shuttle Pilot

Big Grin

Hi Lara,

I've wanted one of those plan storage things for a long time. New ones cost $1000 though! They would be great for greeblies but what I wanted them for was Michael's art. I wanted to be able to store it flat in a safe place where it couldn't get damaged. I found a used one on eBay one time for a great price, but I would have had to drive all the way to Texas to pick it up (about 6 hours)... I actually thought about it seriously!

Yes, there are definitely space wars going on in this house. The main reason is because the space isn't being used correctly. The other reason is that we have too much stuff that we don't use and we just need to get rid of it. Within the past few months I have gone through closets and drawers and have gotten rid of about 4 boxes of stuff, so that's a start. I like to be tidy and organized but don't have the energy to keep everything in its place anymore. I used to.

I also have a storage area behind my carport that Michael has turned into a shop for doing the messy Dremel work and stuff. It has electricity so that he can have light and now a heater running. There isn't A/C in there, but Michael is very heat tolerant. Our dogs like for him to work out there so that they can visit him and lay on pillows. They have a doggy door that lets them in the house, but we have a baby gate up so that they can't get past the laundry room. They tend to do sneaky "drive-by" peeing in certain areas if we let them run free all over the house. One of the dogs jumps the gate but we don't care because he's not the one doing the peeing.

We should share pictures of our messy little work areas. It would be a hoot!
Old November 30th, 2005, 12:19 AM   #6
Lara
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorChemist
I like to be tidy and organized but don't have the energy to keep everything in its place anymore. I used to.

We should share pictures of our messy little work areas. It would be a hoot!
We built a whole new wing on the house to ease the space wars at our place..I think that counts as a defeat instead of a victory!!

Speaking of messy areas, one school my husband taught at gave him a signed photo of him at his work desk which was absolutely covered with stacks of paper.
He's a little better at home: I'm sittiing at 'his' desk now and I can see a whole 20% of the desk top!

Trouble is we're like goldfish: we grow to occupy all of the space we are given..and we had a large house when we first got married, and now have trouble down sizing! I'd NEVER manage 'minimalist'

Cheers,
Lara