Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

View Poll Results: What did you think of Revenge of the Sith?
*****--The best SW movie EVER!!! 9 25.00%
****--Frackin' great! And George finally got most of it right this time! 18 50.00%
***--Very enjoyable, but still flawed in many areas. 5 13.89%
**--Typical Star Wars prequel fare...only mildly impressed 4 11.11%
*--Bantha poodoo. George has lost his touch. 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 28th, 2005, 08:09 AM   #31
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi
Some people feel this was the "Worst part of the Movie"

Ugh. I cringed and shouted "Nooooooooo!" because it was so cheesy and ridiculous.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2005, 02:12 PM   #32
TopGun
Strike Leader

There were many Noooooooooooooos in ROTS
Old May 28th, 2005, 02:41 PM   #33
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

At my last show with RockBox, the other lead singer was fronting with the crowd, and at one point he something happened that he growled "NNOOOOO!" I grinned and told him over the mic....."Eric, you gotta do it like this." To which I held my arms up like Vader, and bellowed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" over the microphone. Eric nearly dropped to the floor in a choking fit of laughter.
Old May 28th, 2005, 02:47 PM   #34
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112
At my last show with RockBox, the other lead singer was fronting with the crowd, and at one point he something happened that he growled "NNOOOOO!" I grinned and told him over the mic....."Eric, you gotta do it like this." To which I held my arms up like Vader, and bellowed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" over the microphone. Eric nearly dropped to the floor in a choking fit of laughter.

julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2005, 02:50 PM   #35
TopGun
Strike Leader

So you gave into the Dark Side
Old May 28th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #36
gmd3d
Major

Well I went and saw ROTS today and enjoyed it for the most part. Ewan McGregor was great loved his performance. Hayden Christensen was a little disapointing he could do better, and the Noooooooooooo scene was a little bad.
Effect WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW loved the effects the final fight was cool
the images flashing through my mind even now..

Will I go and see it again in the cinema .. no I will wait untill DVD. my fav SW movie is still ESB.. followed by A New Hope and return of the jedi the ROTS the other two I could never see again and would not miss them.

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2005, 02:58 AM   #37
TopGun
Strike Leader

I will see ROTS again at the cinema when I get paid
Old May 30th, 2005, 03:05 AM   #38
gmd3d
Major

I think I would need to see it many time to see all the elements in it .. the opening scene was huge, massive, opening . so mush to see and I just did not know what to look at. That was great.

Old May 30th, 2005, 05:39 AM   #39
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

The *NOOOOOOOO* thing didnt' sit to well with me either.

But i guess it's a minor thing to get over since the rest of the movie was pretty good. I thought some of the first 15 minutes of the movie were a bit over done but it's Star Wars and this is exactly the type of movie you expect in the series.

The last 30 minutes of the movie makes up for anything that Lucas missed badly before. Personally i hope he does make another using the same passion he use in ROTS.

Now if only we could get the same dedication for a continuation movie of the TOS.

Old May 30th, 2005, 06:17 AM   #40
gmd3d
Major

Titon I agree, my thoughts are that the story was not as character driven as it should have been. The pain and confusion of the 3 main player should have been better handled and as you say the last 30 minutes where by far the best of the last 3 films. it was like Lucas tried to cram in to one film what he should had done from the first.

The first should have been the Start of the clone wars

that IMHO

Old May 30th, 2005, 06:49 AM   #41
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Well, we went to see ROTS last night. All in all, it was good -- very good. I give Lucas a on this one.

I liked the FX but, like Titon mentioned, it did appear to be a bit over-done, in the opening sequence and it was a little difficult to focus on the battle because there were just too many ships.

I did like the sequence where Anakin used the wing of his fighter to "sweep" the little 'bots' off Obi-Wan's fighter.

What I found interesting was the change in attitude by the Jedi -- in the scene where Windu is standing above a fallen Palpatine/Sidious and arguing with Anakin about Palpatine/Sidious' fate, Windu seems more intent to kill him rather than to submit him for trial, as Anakin argues. It just seemed to me that Anakin was following the teachings of the Jedi more than Master Windu.

I knew not to expect it but, still, I would have loved to have heard the first spoken words of Vader coming from the voice of James Earl Jones.

And.......loved Yoda, I did. The expressions on his face during some of his light saber battles were priceless.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2005, 02:13 PM   #42
gmd3d
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST

What I found interesting was the change in attitude by the Jedi -- in the scene where Windu is standing above a fallen Palpatine/Sidious and arguing with Anakin about Palpatine/Sidious' fate, Windu seems more intent to kill him rather than to submit him for trial, as Anakin argues. It just seemed to me that Anakin was following the teachings of the Jedi more than Master Windu.

I knew not to expect it but, still, I would have loved to have heard the first spoken words of Vader coming from the voice of James Earl Jones.

And.......loved Yoda, I did. The expressions on his face during some of his light saber battles were priceless.

I did too see that Windu was almost stepping into the dark side himself was Palpatine acting the wounded failing mentor toward Anakin so that he would act in his favour. was he taking a chance with Anakin coming to his add before it would be to late.. I must admit I was cought by surpries by Anakin attack.

Old May 30th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #43
gmd3d
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
Will I go and see it again in the cinema .. no I will wait untill DVD. my fav SW movie is still ESB.. followed by A New Hope and return of the jedi the ROTS the other two I could never see again and would not miss them.

I would change My mind on this post.. While I am willing to wait to see it on DVD later in the year. I would also like to see the first to films again as I did enjoy them as pure entertainment. I Enjoyed Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn and was sorry to see him killed of in the first of the films. And I am going through a Star Wars thing at the moment.

Old May 30th, 2005, 03:07 PM   #44
TopGun
Strike Leader

But as Windu said, Palpie controled the courts, so there was no point putting him on trial
Old May 30th, 2005, 03:17 PM   #45
gmd3d
Major

True, I remember that now.. I guess I need to see it again

Old May 30th, 2005, 04:51 PM   #46
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

From my point of view it seems that Palpatine/Sideous let Windu beat him. To push Anakin to the dark side by stating he was about to die and wanted to be saved. In other words it looks like to me he set up both Windu and Anakin.

There was talk the Windu although a jedi knight lived on the edge of both the dark side and being a true Jedi Knight.
Old May 30th, 2005, 07:54 PM   #47
Stray Viper
Warrior

The NOOOOOO! was amusing, but not that bad. C'mon. :P

More addicting to me was the deformed Palpatine grunting and breathing heavily. Saying "Gooooooooood."
Old May 30th, 2005, 08:40 PM   #48
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Viper
The NOOOOOO! was amusing, but not that bad. C'mon. :P

More addicting to me was the deformed Palpatine grunting and breathing heavily. Saying "Gooooooooood."
Just like he did in Return of the Jedi

"Gooood. Gooooooooooooooooood!"
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:04 PM   #49
Haveke

Exclamation Come On Over to The Dark Side....

Quote:
Well I went and saw ROTS today and enjoyed it for the most part. Ewan McGregor was great loved his performance. Hayden Christensen was a little disapointing he could do better, and the Noooooooooooo scene was a little bad.
Effect WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW loved the effects the final fight was cool
the images flashing through my mind even now..

Transis... Like Your New Avatar

Qui-Gon knew his Time Was Drawing to an End... By Falling to Darth Maul, he Became One with the FORCE... the 1st FORCE Ghost... Pushing Obi-Wan into the Position of Becoming a Jedi Knight & Later On a Master, Later on training young Anakin...

I Believe if the Jedi Counsel Would've Given Anakin Missions on his Own... instead of Everyone Always Telling him What He Couldn't Do... This can be a Bit of a Burden for someone to Carry... and Maybe had they Granted Him the Title of Master (This is Something that Can Go Either Way) Only, then you have Palaptine... Acting the Part of a Kind Father-Figure... Well, can we Take a Good Look at Exactly Palaptine said to Anakin/Darth Vader.... "I Have Learned the Secrets of Creating Life Using The FORCE"...Hmmmm.... Sounds Like What he was Actually Thinking Was This: (Anakin, I am Your Father)

Another thing I've Noticed is this: The Dark Side Promotion is a Lot Like that of the Klingon Military... Kill Your Superior & Take their Place. Ok, Now as We Look Back on REVENGE OF THE SITH I think the Reason Behind Only 1 Apprentice at a Time is That Sith Lords Don't Play Well With Others... The Emperor Wanted to Keep Vader Under His Control... Like Yoda Said..."Once Started Down the Path of the Dark Side...FOREVER Will It Rule Your Destiny"

Seeing Obi-Wan aboard Padma's ship really pushed him Over the Edge... TK Kill (Thats telekenetic kill) That Nets Him a Dark Side Point Right There...Thats Another Step Further Down the Path of the Dark Side... the Powers Come Faster, Easier, But at the Very Cost of your Soul.... and then Your Very Health as Well...

In the End.... We Come Away With a Very Different View Towards Vader.... Actually getting to see How Palaptine Tricked Him.... Anakin was Walking a Very Thin Line... He Took His First Steps toward the Dark Side in AOTC... Rremember that Entire Village of Sand People He Slaughtered?? And Did Anyone else Hear that Voice Calling to Him... Anakin, NOO!! .... (FORCE Ghost of Qui-Gon) [at Least in the Book... Perhaps Reading the Book first Better Prepared Me for the Movie]

I've Seen the Movie 3 Times already, and Look Forward to Seeing it again, But will Probably have to Wait Until it comes out on DVD...
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:12 PM   #50
Haveke

Remember the Old Saying: Keep Making Faces, and your Face will Stick Like that!! Well Can We Say in Palaptine's Case........YES!!!!!!!!
Old May 31st, 2005, 06:22 PM   #51
Aeneas
Warrior

Seen it twice already. A modern day "morality play" set in space. It could easily be re-titled "The Tragedy of Anakin Skywalker", with Anakin playing the role of Faust and Palpatine filling in for Mephistopheles.
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:47 PM   #52
Haveke

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon
From my point of view it seems that Palpatine/Sideous let Windu beat him. To push Anakin to the dark side by stating he was about to die and wanted to be saved. In other words it looks like to me he set up both Windu and Anakin.

There was talk the Windu although a jedi knight lived on the edge of both the dark side and being a true Jedi Knight.
Yes, Through Trickery Has Palaptine Captured the Fate of Anakin Skywalker.... there was No other Way But to Stop Him, Nut Kill Him... and to Answer People's Question about Mace Windu: Yes, He Walked a Thin Line Between Both Sides of the FORCE.... He Knew How to Use the Dark Side, and he almost let it overcome him there at the end.

Anakin Only Wanted to save Padma, his Emotions were Ripped to Shreds, with Having to "Disarm" Master Windu & Fight to Keep him from Striking Down Palaptine... I'm thinking if he had Struck him Down... He Might've Fallen to the Dark Side Right Then & There....

Makes for an Interesting Discussion doesn't it?

The Emperor Had all this Planned... Right From the Very Beginning.... Using Political Coruptness to Influence the Courts, and also probably Using the FORCE to Force the right Pieces into Play...

He Never used his Abilities in the presence of any Jedi Masters... Yoda Sates it is Hard to See the Dark Side... Guess You Could Say he was Hiding in Plain Sight...
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:51 PM   #53
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haveke
...Guess You Could Say he was Hiding in Plain Sight...
That's pretty much what it was.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:57 PM   #54
Haveke

Lightbulb

Quote:
I did too see that Windu was almost stepping into the dark side himself was Palpatine acting the wounded failing mentor toward Anakin so that he would act in his favour. was he taking a chance with Anakin coming to his add before it would be to late.. I must admit I was cought by surpries by Anakin attack.
Yes Again... From the time Anakin was 9 years Old, Palaptine allowed him to come & visit him at Work... (Can We Say Father/Son Day at Work) Palaptine was always there to Confinde in, telling Anakin "One Day You'll Be the Most Powerful Jedi Ever"

Always there to tell him it was Ok, that Obi-Wan was Only Holding him Back.... Etc... Plus Anakin was faced with everyone telling him What He Could Not Do.... I can see how Anakin had Grown Stronger with the FORCE from AOTC to ROTS.... He Danced with the Dark Side in Attack Of The Clones, and Wound up Paying the Price... My Guess is he Kept the Slaughter of the Sandpeople a Secret from Obi-Wan... Yoda Knew, he was Meditating When He Heard Qui-Gon's FORCE Ghost Call Out: Anakin, No!!

And That About Wraps the Story Up...

Jay
Old June 1st, 2005, 12:38 PM   #55
bsg1fan1975
Major

and Yoda's smacking down the Imperial Guards was one of the funniest scenes in the movie. It brought cheers and howls and applause in the theater when I saw it!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2005, 12:45 PM   #56
gmd3d
Major

same here I thought it was a great scene

Old June 1st, 2005, 01:03 PM   #57
TopGun
Strike Leader

I saw it again today, and again I was blown away.

I still felt the same emotions when the Jedi were bing killed
Old June 1st, 2005, 01:08 PM   #58
gmd3d
Major

The younglings scene was also hard, when the young Jedi steps out seeing it was skywalker and not a clone warrior.
and then the skywalker activates the saber.. that was heart renching

Old June 1st, 2005, 01:39 PM   #59
Haveke

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGun
I saw it again today, and again I was blown away.

I still felt the same emotions when the Jedi were bing killed
I Felt a Great Disturbance in the FORCE... As if a Thousand Voices Suddenly Cried Out... and Were Silenced all at Once....
Old June 2nd, 2005, 03:30 AM   #60
bsg1fan1975
Major

I sat in total shock and silence, gripping my seat.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote