Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old March 19th, 2004, 04:18 PM   #1
Phoenix

Default Level 6 help!

Kingfish or anyone else for that matter, I can't seem to get past level 6 on the BSG game. I get killed every time the Cylon's fire a missle salvo after the tankers are in front of me. HELP!!!!
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:42 PM   #2
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

There are 4 compartments on the tanker. Hit the triangle button to highlight them. You must avoid getting too close or the explosion will also do you in. After knocking them out you will have to knock out three small lynchpins on top of the tanker(Again the triangle button for target location). Good luck and may the force be with you(Actually a Y-Wing on this mission would be better than the bomber which moves like a beached whale).

I hope this is the mission that you are referring to. If not please explain in detail.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:57 PM   #3
Phoenix

Yes you got the tankers right - the level where you're the gunner for the first time - but I can't get THAT far. I get to where the tankers line up in front of me and I knock out one tanker's engines, maybe one engine on the 2nd tanker. Then Kassia says something about a missle salvo incoming and I die. Every filippin time!! I've gotten to the point of replyaing the lower levels and coming back to this one, but I never seem to "iimprove" much in how far I can get.
Old March 20th, 2004, 05:49 PM   #4
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

I believe the missile salvos are coming from a Basestar (forget the tankers) that is in the rear quadrant of the big G. Use the directional buttons on the left of the keypad to get to the turret at the Galactica's rear- UP ARROW. From there press the [] button to charge your missiles and destroy any incoming missiles. You can actually zoom in on the silos located at the front of the Basestar. R2 button I believe.
Old March 21st, 2004, 06:17 AM   #5
Phoenix

Thank you, I'll definitely give this a whirl!
Old March 27th, 2004, 07:57 AM   #6
Phoenix

Help anyone! I still can't get past this level and I've tried different strategies and nothing prevails.
Old April 13th, 2004, 09:55 AM   #7
doc834
Bad Email Address

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'm still stuck on that level, as well. If I find anything, I'll try and let you know. Seems like a catch 22 to me. If you consetrate on the tankers, you get destroyed by the missiles. Vice Versa on the tankers. I'd really like to meet the guys who made it through that one.
doc834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2004, 04:30 PM   #8
Phoenix

I've discovered a way to stay alive longer is to nail the raider leaders, scatter raiders and what marauders you can before they annouce "incoming emeny missle salvo" and by and then quickly change to the gun on the ships right side - your left - point it at the basestar and start to target the missles themselves, screw the raiders at that point. I got so far I thought I had it made but I looked at my shield and when I saw how low it was, my concentration went to hell and I died almost instantly after looking at the level.
Old April 15th, 2004, 11:28 AM   #9
doc834
Bad Email Address

That seems to be my problem. By the time I get to taking care of the incoming missiles, I either have low shields, or my energy is so low I can't get the reqired missile strength. This is a really hard level!
Old April 15th, 2004, 02:39 PM   #10
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Using the side gun is futile. The rear gun on the Big G's aft is the way to go.
Old April 17th, 2004, 12:19 PM   #11
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish
Using the side gun is futile. The rear gun on the Big G's aft is the way to go.

But at what point do you switch to the rear gun?
Old April 17th, 2004, 12:34 PM   #12
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

When Colonel Cassia states that there is a Basestar in the rear quad.
Old April 17th, 2004, 08:30 PM   #13
Phoenix

Thanks, I'll go fire up the PS2 now!
Old April 17th, 2004, 08:50 PM   #14
amberstar
Strike Leader

Good luck Phoenix! I still can't get past the second level.........some warrior I turned out to be. Maybe I should stick to space invaders

Amber
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2004, 08:23 AM   #15
Phoenix

Levels 3 and 4 are pretty fun once ya get there. It'll take a few time of playing over and over but you'll get it Amber, I have no doubt!
Old April 19th, 2004, 07:50 AM   #16
doc834
Bad Email Address

I have'nt been able to get back to the game, this weekend. I'll give the last suggestion a try. Hopefully, when I get the hang of it, I can start flying again.
Old April 19th, 2004, 08:57 AM   #17
JustinB
Bad Email Address

Cool Finally

I can finally say "ABOUT TIME I PASSED THIS LEVEL." The lords know how many times I tried and how many times the Galactica blew up.
I tried a different strategy and ingnored the tankers. I concentrated on destroying as many raider leaders, scatter raiders and marauders as I could. When it cam time for the missile salvo I locked on the middle missiles and hoped for the best. Just when I thought I was doomed I had made it through.
Now only if i could stay in formation in the next level

Wow, I have lost my Cherry LOL..

Last edited by JustinB; April 19th, 2004 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: Title error
JustinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2004, 06:23 PM   #18
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinB
I can finally say "ABOUT TIME I PASSED THIS LEVEL." The lords know how many times I tried and how many times the Galactica blew up.
I tried a different strategy and ingnored the tankers. I concentrated on destroying as many raider leaders, scatter raiders and marauders as I could. When it cam time for the missile salvo I locked on the middle missiles and hoped for the best. Just when I thought I was doomed I had made it through.
Now only if i could stay in formation in the next level

Wow, I have lost my Cherry LOL..

YOU SUCK!!!! Not really, but you know what I mean. Did you use the rear gun?
Old April 19th, 2004, 06:43 PM   #19
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Levels 3 and 4 are pretty fun once ya get there. It'll take a few time of playing over and over but you'll get it Amber, I have no doubt!
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'll keep trying!
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2004, 08:13 PM   #20
JustinB
Bad Email Address

Cool Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix
YOU SUCK!!!! Not really, but you know what I mean. Did you use the rear gun?
:laugh:
I used both left and right guns for the cylon leaders, marauders and scatters. I used the rear gun to launch the solonite missiles and primary weapon. I found the height difference gave a little advantage. Plus I got lucky a few times with the primary weapon. The maximum charge on the missile IS necesary.
JustinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:15 AM   #21
doc834
Bad Email Address

I tried to get out of that and just when I thought I was in the clear, I blew up. I'm starting to think I may never get off that level.
:uhdrop:
Old April 20th, 2004, 04:43 PM   #22
Phoenix

Thanks ya! One would think I'd get it by now huh!
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:10 PM   #23
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Clearing level six...

Okay folks, here is how you clear level six, the gunner battle with the basestar.

Try to score as many kills as you can with the missiles on any of your guns. The forward gun and the port/starboard guns are good for taking out close range Raiders with their rapid fire lasers. Keep this in mind though....if you are engaging a Raider at the stern of the Galactica with your bow cannon...you will not hit them.

Always remember to use your "primary target" button. This will clue you in on the greatest threats to the ship.

The Raiders only purpose is to add to your kills. They are not that great of a threat.

The scatter Raiders are fast. You wanna PT (primary target=triangle button) them and missile those bastidges outta the sky. After they've made their pass, they zip right back to the basestar. If you do not get them, it's not that big a deal.

The next threat are the Marauders and Raider Leaders. PT them and blast them with missiles. (Make sure you fully charge your missiles to try and destroy as many clusters as possible.)

When the Tankers pop up, lead them with your forward gun, rapid fire your missiles, and hit 'em with the lasers too. The only fuel pods you have to worry about are the ones taking out from the Galactica side of each tanker. Continue working the Marauders and Leaders.

Then Colonel Kassia reports the basestar. Go to the aft gun. If you have dealt properly with the threat craft, the Galactica will not have sustained much damage.
Go to the aft gun, and target the Basestars blue targetting turrets. Don't worry bout the incoming missiles. If the Galactica is in good shape, the missiles won't be a consideration. Just keep targetting the bright blue targetting turrets. Laser them out of existence. The first four are fixed. The next turrets pop up on down. Keep an eye out. When you've blasted them all...focus on the threat craft just in case, but I do believe that after you've nailed the targetting turrets the scenario is won.

I've beaten this scenario many times. I have finished the game in normal mode, and am now playing in expert with my missile power carried over from completing normal mode. I hope that my tips help you succeed.

The two things that will help you survive "any" mission. PT and MISSILES.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old May 3rd, 2004, 04:05 PM   #24
Phoenix

I figured I'd wait til the wife and kids are gonna be gone for a few hours and do nothing but play level 6 until I beat the bastard!