Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:46 AM   #61
cranky1c
Warrior

There is a freelancer mod that allows you to fly TOS cylon raiders and vipers, as well as a bunch of other ships from various scifi shows. I thinks it's called the Freelancer Rebalance mod. It extends the continued play value of Freelancer a great deal.
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2005, 04:53 PM   #62
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Thumbs up

I dug into the past just a little bit, and reacquired Star Wars Jedi Starfighter after seeing Episode III.

I tell ya, once you unlock the Republic Gunship...practically NOTHING can stop you unless you have slow reflexes. And then, it's simply a matter of you didn't accomplish any goals, if you fail. The Gunship is nigh indestructible.

Respectfulluy,
Martok2112
Old June 4th, 2005, 02:15 AM   #63
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

I have my EpIII game in my system... oh yeah..

I just love knowing that is the REAL Anakin doing his voice and movements on the game.

And my better half got me the Sith and Jedi controllers that light up... LOVING IT!!!!!!
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2005, 03:40 AM   #64
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJedi
I have my EpIII game in my system... oh yeah..

I just love knowing that is the REAL Anakin doing his voice and movements on the game.

And my better half got me the Sith and Jedi controllers that light up... LOVING IT!!!!!!
Forgive me for busting your fantasy, dear friend, but in the in-game engine, that is not Hayden Christensen doing the voice of Anakin. That is Mat Lucas.

And IIRC, he, and many other voice actors in the game are actually from the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon. (Such as Yoda, Obi Wan, and many others).

I think Lucasfilm has its own set of stock voice actors to use in various elements outside of the movie aspect. They are cross utilized.

For example, I believe the voice of Darth Sidious in Clone Wars is the same as the Emperor's in the audio drama version of Star Wars Dark Empire.

Admittedly though, many of the voice actors are spot on. Lucas picks his VAs well.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old June 4th, 2005, 07:28 AM   #65
mikedx
Warriordx

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarGalacticaAutographs.com

Having probs with Battlestar Galactica on PS2. I shoot at cylons over, over, and over, and the Galactica still gets blown up on the first mission. I've failed this mission 10 times. And I've never taken this long to get through a game.

Any suggestions?
mikedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #66
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedx
Having probs with Battlestar Galactica on PS2. I shoot at cylons over, over, and over, and the Galactica still gets blown up on the first mission. I've failed this mission 10 times. And I've never taken this long to get through a game.

Any suggestions?
Howdy, Mike.

The thing to do is use your primary targetting button frequently....and make sure that your missile attributes are set for agility and power. Rack up as many Cylons as you can with a missile lock, and loose your missiles. Trust me, you will be relying MORE and more on your missiles than laser cannons. As the game progresses, your missiles will become much more powerful, and you will MAX all four of your missile attributes....AGILITY, SPEED, POWER, and BLAST RADIUS.

Your primary target will be the Cylon ships that are threatening to bomb the Galactica. You will hear a comm message over your wireless that a Cylon figher or fightrers are about to blast the Galactica apart. (I cannot remember the specific message...but you will know it when you hear it. This is the time you use your Primary Targetting button, line up on your primary targets, and LET EM HAVE IT.

Here's a little secret for ya. When the mission starts....do not engage the Cylons. As long as you do not engage them, there will simply be random laser fire and explosions, with no threat to the Galactica. You can use this opportunity to fly around the Galactica....and fly very close to her and check out the detail they have given the Big G. You can see gun emplacements all over the place...and you can even fly through the trench like structures on either side of the engine housing.

Hope this helps...it's been a while since I've played the game meself.

Enjoy,
Martok2112
Old June 4th, 2005, 12:56 PM   #67
Spike The Cylon
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112
Howdy, Mike.

The thing to do is use your primary targetting button frequently....and make sure that your missile attributes are set for agility and power. Rack up as many Cylons as you can with a missile lock, and loose your missiles. Trust me, you will be relying MORE and more on your missiles than laser cannons. As the game progresses, your missiles will become much more powerful, and you will MAX all four of your missile attributes....AGILITY, SPEED, POWER, and BLAST RADIUS.

Your primary target will be the Cylon ships that are threatening to bomb the Galactica. You will hear a comm message over your wireless that a Cylon figher or fightrers are about to blast the Galactica apart. (I cannot remember the specific message...but you will know it when you hear it. This is the time you use your Primary Targetting button, line up on your primary targets, and LET EM HAVE IT.

Here's a little secret for ya. When the mission starts....do not engage the Cylons. As long as you do not engage them, there will simply be random laser fire and explosions, with no threat to the Galactica. You can use this opportunity to fly around the Galactica....and fly very close to her and check out the detail they have given the Big G. You can see gun emplacements all over the place...and you can even fly through the trench like structures on either side of the engine housing.

Hope this helps...it's been a while since I've played the game meself.

Enjoy,
Martok2112
I pretty much gave up on the game. Got tired of not being able to get past the next to last level

Fleeing From The Cylon Tyranny, The Last Battlestar, Galactica, Leads a Rag-tag Fugitive Fleet On A Lonely Quest. A Shining Planet, Known As....Earth!
Spike The Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2005, 02:17 PM   #68
Ian_W359
Warrior

Oh, no! Personally with the BSG game, I'm stuck on the expert mode Cobra bomber level - there's just way too many Cylons.

On another subject - recent purchases for my PS2 include Star Trek : Shattered Universe, and Deus Ex.

As for the Clone Wars series - some of the key characters (ie. Yoda & Palpatine/Sidious) are voiced by artists who have done the same for various titles in the PC/console game series too (for example - Battlefront, Galactic Battlegrounds, and Episode I).

Ian W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2005, 06:23 PM   #69
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_W359
Oh, no! Personally with the BSG game, I'm stuck on the expert mode Cobra bomber level - there's just way too many Cylons.

On another subject - recent purchases for my PS2 include Star Trek : Shattered Universe, and Deus Ex.

As for the Clone Wars series - some of the key characters (ie. Yoda & Palpatine/Sidious) are voiced by artists who have done the same for various titles in the PC/console game series too (for example - Battlefront, Galactic Battlegrounds, and Episode I).

Ian W359
Shatterred Universe is okay. Deus Ex ROCKS!!! That game you will enjoy. There are several ways to resolve many situations in that game.

I am getting ready to pop in Battlestar Galactica to see if I can help you guys out with your mission probs.

Hang on....the Fleet's own Starbuck is to the rescue.

Kicikin' in the burn',
Martok2112
Old June 4th, 2005, 07:05 PM   #70
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Awright nuggets....here we go....strategy notes for the BSG Videogame.

Strap in tight.

Mission One:

Simple enough. Engage Cylon Raiders. Set your missile configuration to emphasize BLAST RADIUS and POWER You will only be able to lock on to so many ships with your missiles.

It is best if you use Cockpit View (use SELECT to get into this mode) This enables you to have a first person view (my personal favorite) and it allows you to use the right thumbstick as a camera button when you are searching out Primary Targets.

IF you wish to engage with lasers, make sure you fire at the small blue circle that is around the highlit enemy target....this is your weapons lead reticle.

When you get a few enemy ships within missile range, hold down your missile button usually SQUARE, until you get targetting circles over a few of them, then release the fire button...the missiles will shoot after them. SInce your missiles will be relatively weak, you might have to do this one more again. NOTE: You might get more than one lock on a single craft, that simply means that more missiles will be devoted to that target, thus meaning you can fire multiple missiles at that target.

Then, you will hear an urgent message from Commander Magus, stating that the CYlons are targetting Galactica's bridge. This is where your Primary Targettting button (TRIANGLE) comes into play. When you hold down the PT button, a directional indicator will pop up, showing where your primarty targets are. Well, what are you waiting for, nuggets?! A written invitation?! Bring that fighter about, and start shooting the PT's down with your missiles. Best use your camera (right thumbstick) and start looking for white circles around certain enemies. THOSE are your primary targets. When you've eliminated all PT's you will be given your next mission.

BTW, I think we left a strategy guide somewhere here in the Videogames forum. If not, fear not. Martok is at work as we speak.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old June 4th, 2005, 09:12 PM   #71
mikedx
Warriordx

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarGalacticaAutographs.com

Martok,

You mean there is more to this game that blind shooting???

Thank you so much for the info. I had put this game on the closet, under waste of money.

LOOK OUT CYLONS!!!

Nugget Mike
mikedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #72
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedx
Martok,

You mean there is more to this game that blind shooting???

Thank you so much for the info. I had put this game on the closet, under waste of money.

LOOK OUT CYLONS!!!

Nugget Mike
Glad I could help you rediscover an enthusiasm for the game, Mike.

Keep in mind, this game will be very difficult....but it does have kewl mission elements to it.

I have created walkthroughs for the first few missions of the game in another thread....hopefully it will help you if you get into another snag.

Respectfully,
Martok2112 CAG
Old June 19th, 2005, 04:04 AM   #73
TopGun
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky1c
There is a freelancer mod that allows you to fly TOS cylon raiders and vipers, as well as a bunch of other ships from various scifi shows. I thinks it's called the Freelancer Rebalance mod. It extends the continued play value of Freelancer a great deal.
There are similar mod for Starlancer, the game that came before Freelancer.

Yeah the gunship in Jedi Starfighter is cool. The beam weapons are the best. The TIE-Fighter and the X-Wing are cool too. the TIE-Fighter has no shields so you have to be good
Old July 12th, 2005, 02:38 PM   #74
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

DESTROY ALL HUMANS!!!

This game is a laugh riot! You play the role of Cryptospordium 137 (aka Crypto), who is sent to Earth by Orthopox (aka Pox) to do exactly what the game says...(insert cheesy Fifties' sci-fi music and echo effect) Destroy All Humans!!!

You can also manipulate humans with hypnosis, (make them dance, sleep, or specific commands assigned for the mission with certain targets), destroy towns, fire mind blowing (literally) anal-probes, do the cow thing, etc.

Among your powers, you have PK (psychokinesis), Extract (where you pretty much blast the brains out of a human to collect DNA), Hypnosis (insert commands), Holobob, where you can take on the appearance any human you target, to keep yourself from being discovered. I have barely begun the game, so I have yet to find out what all you can do.

And when you are in Pox's Lab, or back aboard your mothership, and just let the game idle, Pox will admonish you with a bunch of funny statements.

This game has the whole "cheesy" 50's sci-fi thing down to a comedic science. Not quite as open ended as Grand Theft Auto...but it will keep you in stitches. Highly recommended.\

Sorry so short, but I gotta get back to this game.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old July 18th, 2005, 03:49 PM   #75
TopGun
Strike Leader

Been playing Star Trek Shattered Universe on my PS2, great game
Old July 18th, 2005, 08:36 PM   #76
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGun
Been playing Star Trek Shattered Universe on my PS2, great game
Great game, but damn if its difficulty doesn't jump all over the place.

The ship models are nice.

Thus far, my favorite fighters to fly are either one of the Orions, or the second Federation fighter that gets unlocked because of its dual phasers.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old July 19th, 2005, 01:45 AM   #77
TopGun
Strike Leader

The third Imperial (Federation) fighter is great, it's got more powerful Daul Phasers, same sort of pulse phaser cannnons, but the best bit is the Photons, it's got 2 lauchers and each fire a torpedo that splits into 4 and then all 8 track the enemy. I'm afraid to say that I cheated and unlocked all fighters, I also used the invincibilty cheat. Some of the missions are really hard.
Old July 20th, 2005, 10:41 PM   #78
Ethan
Bad Email Address

Default Lego Star Wars

Pardon me for interupting the Star Trek Game conversation, but I have a question about another game . . . Lego Star Wars. Is there anyone here that has played it? I bought it for my son and I to play and now we are stuck somewhere in the game. . .

Any comments?

Ethan
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2005, 04:05 PM   #79
Ian_W359
Warrior

I bought Lego : Star Wars a while ago, I find its gameplay less clumsy than Revenge of the Sith, and it does present a fair challenge.

Which part of it are you stuck on?

Ian W359
Old July 21st, 2005, 09:05 PM   #80
Ethan
Bad Email Address

Default Lego Star Wars

We are stuck on level two (droid factory) of the attack of the clones series. the problem is not how to finish the level. We have actually finished all the levels in all three series. the issue is finding all of the minikits. we have 9/10. We are missing one and we cannot find it. Even with the minikit detector on, we have not figured out where to go to detect it. Can you help me with this?

Ethan
Old July 26th, 2005, 01:56 PM   #81
Ian_W359
Warrior

I've located my last 3 canisters on that level (previously my count was 7/10), the locations of these are as follows (you may have found these already).....

Spoiler
1. When you emerge onto the main conveyor belt (and the platform recedes beneath you), jump to the left onto a platform and the canister is on the level above you (you will need Ep. I Anakin or Boba Fett to reach it).

2. In the Geonosians lair, half way through the level, there is a canister in an alcove above the brick 'gate' set into the wall.

3. Near the end of the level, you will come to two conveyor belts in front of a force field, activate the two belts - and they will produce lego bricks to be 'Forced' into a lift (your character should stand on the platform, and your companion will use the Force to lift you up.... from there you will need Jar Jar Binks or General Grievous to jump up and get the canister).

I haven't used the Minikit detector yet, but I have read that it can't detect an offscreen canister.....?

Hope this is of help

Ian W359
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:07 PM   #82
Ethan
Bad Email Address

Default Lego Star Wars

We found those particular three already. My son went on to work on the other levels, but now, I am obsessed with finding out where this phantom Minikit is.

Thanks for all your help though. I am enjoying the game a lot.

Ethan
Old September 9th, 2005, 03:44 PM   #83
Ian_W359
Warrior

Default Games in my system erm....... NOW!

Latest PS2 purchases........... (I like bargains, me!)

Ace Combat : Squadron Leader (aka 'Ace Combat 5 : The Unsung War')
I've not played an earth based flightsim/shooter in some time, but this is quite a surprise... atmospheric/emotive gameplay & music (and a reasonable back-story - even if the countries are ficticious), a great bunch of characters/wingmen(& wingwomen), and impressively realistic graphics. (This is where I got my call sign for my sig! )

Naval Ops : Warship Gunner
I was somewhat curious about this one......... Well, put aside the kooky plot (WWII destroyer fleet goes through trans-dimensional rift and ends up on a parallel Earth ruled by an oppressive Empire, and is drafted into a guerilla war against the odds....) and you have an entertaining shipborne strategy shooter (with an almost - insanely complex ship design suite - there are hundreds of components available to customise your creations... and there are some strange weapons too.... rail guns, plasma lasers, massive chain guns....?!)

Ian W359
Old September 23rd, 2005, 12:41 PM   #84
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

I need to get Ace Combat 5. I have Ace Combat 4, and that game rocks.

When you watch the replays, sometimes it looks so photorealistic. About the only time the photorealism gets lost is when the camera mechanically pans around the planes if they pass overhead in the replay.

I love watching the landing sequences in replay mode.

It also has a two-player dogfight mode...and I think it has a co-op mode as well.

I have run through the game several times, and have bought many aircraft and weapons.

My favorites to use: A-10 Warthog, F-14, F-15 Active.
Favorite secondary weapons: Unguided Bomb! (UGBD) This baby does damage on a widespread scale..and it takes some skill to use. Nothing more satisfying than lining up three or four targets in your little bombing reticle, dropping the bomb, and then seeing a damage report pop up on the screen, especially if the DR lists about three or four targets hit.

I have also been recently replaying SOCOM II: US NAVY SEALS, in anticipation for SOCOM III for the PS2...and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo for the PSP, which will have connectivity features for SOCOM III.

Also anticipating Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old September 23rd, 2005, 02:19 PM   #85
Lothos
Bad Email Address

Depends which system (I, sadly, have way too many):

Sony PSP: PSP movie Super Troopers, Final Fantasy 6 on the memstick (I love homebrew) - Super Troopers is great if you love mindless screwball comedy, and of course Final Fantasy 6 is just classic.

Nintendo DS: Advance Wars Dual Strike - An astounding game that makes great use of the Dual Screen, the turn based nature of the game plays out like a well played game of chess - But with Tanks!!! Super fun and super addictive.

Microsoft X-Box: Crimson Skies: High road to Revenge - A pretty good flier with lots of replay and cool planes. Plus I needed a break from constant Halo 2.

Sony Playstation 2: The best game of all: Katamari Damacy. The premise: Your father, the King of the Cosmos gets drunk and goes on a bender, and while doing so inadvertantly destroys all the stars in the sky. So he sends you( who are this tiny little guy to Earth with a round ball callled a Katamari. I don't know how the ball works, but when it rols over small objects they stick to it. The more objects it picks up, the larger it gets. The larger it gets, the bigger the things it can pick up. The goal is to make your ball of objects a certain size within a certain amount of time per level. It is extremely addicitive and great turnabout when you discover you are large enough to pick up that pesky elephant that has been batting you around half the game . In the last level you start out able to pick up flower pots and end being able to rip whole islands and continants out of the ground. Fun.
Lothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2005, 04:38 PM   #86
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Priceless moment in SOCOM II: US NAVY SEALS--

Lining up two terrorists' skulls in your sniper scope sights, and giving 'em both a high caliber asprin with one shot. Probably the sweetest double kill ever in a game.

Sadistically,
Martok2112