Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 18th, 2003, 07:55 AM   #1
Dayton3
Shuttle Pilot

Default How Many Battlestars & Colonies Can You Name?

Who can name all 12 Colonies?

And how many battlestars can you name? Including those mentioned in the Original Series, Miniseries, Novels, Comic Books et cetera

1) Galactica
2) Atlantia
3) Pegasus
4) Solaria
5) Pacifica
6) Star Kobol (where does this name come from? I never heard it until posting here but I've seen it mentioned here many times)
7) Ricon
8) Acropoly
9) Triton
10) Columbia

I can't think of any others though I remember a Battlestar in one of the comic books that Cain and Adama were first assigned to.
Old December 18th, 2003, 09:17 AM   #2
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

Caprica
Sagittara
Taura
Gemon
Leo
Canceria
Piscon
Virgon
Aries (not sure if they changed this one)
Scorpio (not sure if they changed this one either)
Aquaria
Libron

(or some facsimile thereof)

--Rhonda
LadyImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 11:29 AM   #3
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Add to your list:

the following were planned for by the production crew, for some, insignias was designed.

Bellerophon - I beleive this is the ship Cain and Adam served on.

Prometheus - planned to be found by Galactica in the second season, kinda like Pegasus was.

Olympia

Note: Star Kobal was identified by Serina during her news cast as the ship that was going to host the signing of the treaty. In some versions of the Pilot this segment was cut out.
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 09:22 AM   #4
TheHobb
Master of Spiderwebs

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDSpecial Effects Wizard
Spiderman 1&2

Star Kobol? (no information as to what kind of ship this was)

Galactica
Atlantia
Pegasus
Rycon
Columbia
Acropolis
Triton
Pacifica
Bellerophon
Olympia
Valiant
Cerberus
Prometheus
Argo
Poseidon

Not all of these are canon however.
TheHobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 07:53 PM   #5
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Default TOS battlestars

Weren't there just 5 battlestars in TOS. It was such a long time ago,but I seem to remember listing what the show mentioned as a child.
Old December 20th, 2003, 06:47 AM   #6
SpyOne
On Vacation...

In the pilot, only five are ever seen on screen at once. But, as noted by repcisg over in http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...5&pagenumber=1 , the formations show suggest more ships off camera, and that the 5 on screen are not always the same 5.

In the pilot, dialogue mentions the Atlantia (shown to be a battlestar), the Galactica (obviously a battlestar), the "Battlestars Triton and Pacifica", and the "Battlestar Acropolis".
Production notes also name the Solaria as destroyed at the Peace Conference, and some notes suggest that Pacifica was destroyed before the Conference (which conflicts with dialogue).

The Pegasus was presumed destroyed before the the Conference, but turned up intact in Living Legend.
The Columbia was where a prisoner being interrogated by the Cylons claimed to be from, but he was clearly lying. The Cylon said the Columbia was destroyed at the Peace Conferenc, but may have been lying or mistaken.
The Rycon (or Reichon or whatever) was mentioned in Take the Celestra as the Battlestar that Commander Kronus (Commander of the Celestra) used to command. It may have been destoryed decades ago, as he is older than Adama and retired.

Other names here come from production notes, novels, comics, and such.
SpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote