Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old October 27th, 2003, 12:00 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Wink Why A Prequel Would've Worked

I just saw a movie the other night, called The Wide Sargasso Sea. If you can get past the rather excessive skin/adult situations, it's actually a pretty good flick. But that's not the catch - in the last few minutes they unleash the kicker - it's a prequel! And a prequel to a very well known and loved show to boot (I won't mention it's name here so as not to spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it).

The prequel surprise really and truly boosts the movie from okay to a 6th Sense kind of flick. Sends tingles as soon as you get it. And the movie kinda reminds me of the adult-flavor TPTB wanted to inject the mini with. So similar.

The BSG mini could've done this. And /everybody/ would've been happy. Well, I guess that's the way things go. It's too bad though - this was a chance to please all of the people all of the time.

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 02:57 PM   #2
Bijou88

I think with some care, Moore could have crafted the mini as a prequel. It could have had new characters (not pastich of the original cast) and put down the ground work for the 1000 yaren war between the Cylon Alliance and the Colonies. On second thought, if it turned out like the fiasco performed by Berman and Braga over on Enterprise, it probably wouldn't make a good idea.
Old November 10th, 2003, 03:36 PM   #3
chez1701
Shuttle Pilot

You don't like Enterprise? Bijou88? It's hard to come up with new ideas for shows. a prequel would be a good idea but would people understand it?

I'm waiting for the V series to come back! He hE

" It dosen't matter how or why, as of this moment WE ARE AT WAR!"
chez1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 05:45 PM   #4
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

That's just it Muffit. What you said made SENSE ................
Which is PRECISELY
WHY Hammer and Moore REFUSED to do it!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote