Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 16th, 2002, 12:21 PM   #1
Apothis
On Vacation...

Question What type of Earth would you like the Galactica to find?

I know in G80, they showed an Earth that was defenseless against the Cylons. I am one of those fans that consider G80 one bad dream that Apollo had after drinking too much Ambrosia.

My preference for the type of Earth that the Galactica would find would be an Earth would be similar to Space: Above and Beyond. One where the human race has just reached its infancy in Colonization.
Apothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2002, 12:55 PM   #2
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default BG:80 was a children's show

Q.)Do you intend for the Colonials to actually find Earth? If so, will Earth become a contributing ally, or more a helpless world the Colonies have to protect from the Cylons?

RDM.)I don't think we're going to find Earth.
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2002, 01:05 PM   #3
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

dvo:
Doesn't sound like RDM had a clue as to how to find the fleet even!! IMHO
[just couldn't resist that, poor man is so utterly clueless.]

I would want them to reach earth when we were in a place where we could fight back with them, although the idea someone proposed here at CF of them gradually infiltrating, conscripting some warriors from our armed services to augment their defense of our world is pretty cool. Just thought Jaimie in G-80 was a little too fearless (unrealistically) about dealing with these guys from a totally different galaxy, when Earth's big deal was putting someone on their own moon 9 yrs before.
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2002, 01:33 PM   #4
Apothis
On Vacation...

Default RDM.)I don't think we're going to find Earth.

Maybe because he doesn't think the show will run past the miniseries :-)~
Apothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2002, 01:38 PM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

It won't, as it's being presented now.
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2002, 02:43 PM   #6

I don't think the Galactica should ever find Earth, until the very end maybe and even then maybe not.

Just like Voyager couldn't get home until the end (or should have stayed lost out there, which is what I would have done)
Old December 16th, 2002, 02:44 PM   #7
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Re: RDM.)I don't think we're going to find Earth.

Quote:
Originally posted by Apothis Maybe because he doesn't think the show will run past the miniseries :-)~
Will RDM even have a mini, will he still be around? This "re-imagined" nightmare ain't going to fly, another B:5 The Legend of the Rangers? Remember RDM is doing 'Carnivale' in '03 for HBO. So does David Eick have the weight to continue the production and is Breck Eisner the director? His episode of Taken was the worst one of that week.

Moore's Battlestar lite in March '03, ain't going to happen.

WHERE IS DESANTOS.......?
Old December 16th, 2002, 02:56 PM   #8
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by jewels
dvo47p:[just couldn't resist that, poor man is so utterly clueless.]
Oh no jewels he needs to make his mark, he plans on doing it on/to BSG.

Call it "Naturalistic Science Fiction." or Taking the Opera out of Space Opera...................

Our goal is nothing less than the reinvention of the science fiction television series. We take as a given the idea that the traditional space opera, with its stock characters, techno-double-talk, bumpy-headed aliens, thespian histrionics, and empty heroics has run its course and a new approach is required. That approach is to introduce realism into what has heretofore been an aggressively unrealistic genre.

This idea, the presentation of a fantastical situation in naturalistic terms, will permeate every aspect of our series.

dvo47p back: After Roswell's flop, he want's to make a big splash, I hate it when he calls our series, his 'our series', it is an abomination.

Bring back Tom DeSantos!
Old December 16th, 2002, 06:39 PM   #9
vmnjn
Bad Email Address

Default What time...

If this continues will they show BG:Redo in the same time slot as late night Lexx?
vmnjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2002, 07:46 PM   #10
KJ
Strike Leader

If anything the battle wouldn't be over even when they find Earth! I'd go for the Earth seen in Maximum press's comic book series with Dinosaurs!, an "Ark?" More mysteries to still be figured out. Lets not forget the Cylon Empire and the 13th tribe elements to be added to the end of Battlestar Galactica final season? Should a real and deserved continuation series come out from Hollywood (you listening TPTB?)

Even when Earth's found how are they going to beat the Cylons? or get along with the 13th tribe? should they be found at Earth in whatever state it's in. Not to mention the battle between Good and Evil, Count Iblis and "The Ships of Light" alot of storyarc from the original series to be cleared up let alone 7 or 8 seasons worth of wandering the wilderness of space. Being the series was aimed at our mythology, either Earth's ancient past or far future should be the time the "Rag Tag Fleet" finds Earth.

"Life here, began out there" references people?

KJ

Last edited by KJ; December 16th, 2002 at 07:48 PM..
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 12:27 PM   #11
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default This thread is over, Moore:I don't think we're going to find Earth.

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/d...ept2002qa.html (one of the last questions RDM answered)

Do you intend for the Colonials to actually find Earth? If so, will Earth become a contributing ally, or more a helpless world the Colonies have to protect from the Cylons?

RDM:I don't think we're going to find Earth.
Old January 18th, 2006, 02:44 PM   #12
Bijou88

I think if the Galactica ever found earth, they would be the architects of the pyrimids, or the founders of Atlantis and Lemuria.

Old January 18th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #13
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Default Inhabited by what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_evolution_of_humans

http://humanknowledge.net/SocialScie.../Timeline.html

Hopefully the Colonials;

will meet this.

As always;
Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 11:08 PM   #14
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Whoa, when I saw this thread title and its author I almost lost my coffee. It does however prompt me to ask a question that has been on my mind.
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 10:29 AM   #15
moabyte
Shuttle Pilot

They should find an Earth that is clean, safe and tropical all year long.
moabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 11:42 AM   #16
spcglider
Squadron Leader

I'd like them to find Earth tomorrow.

I'd like them to make their presence known.

I'd like them to show us how to end all the petty bickering and squabbling we experience, but according to either series, that ain't what would happen. they seem even worse off than we are when it comes to all that.

-G
Old January 29th, 2006, 02:59 AM   #17
waerloga
On Vacation...

I would like them to find a futuristic Earth which is, at first, seemingly totally prepared for alien invasion, with a large dispersed fleet of battleships. Like the Imperials from Star Wars, they could be nasty and Nazi-like, black uniforms, and a love of battle. They live in an Orwellian 1984 society, paranoid and at eternal war with itself and others, just for the sake of it. Then the Cylons would get the fright of their lives, get their butts kicked in the first encounter, and have to rethink their strategies. After all, why did they desire the extinction of all humans? Becuase they perceived them as a threat to their own existence. What if they were damn right, and saw it for themselves? Then they'd be even more committed to our destruction. It would also make the Colonials think twice about the moral implications of asking such villianous war-mongering humans for aid.
waerloga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2006, 04:59 PM   #18
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

What if they were to encounter the Serenity and her crew along the way? Hmmm, possible ideas for some crossover fan fiction.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #19
Galactifan
Warrior

The Earth of today will be fine (the Galactica 1980 Earth).
Galactifan is offline   Reply With Quote