Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Shattered Worlds
Notices
Shattered Worlds Project forum for new FAN-based endeavours.
Share what you're doing here!

View Poll Results: Which title sounds better?
Journey's End 5 35.71%
End of the Exodus 1 7.14%
The Final Flight 3 21.43%
Journey's Fate 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 4th, 2006, 04:18 AM   #61
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Great to wake up to another trailer, which I eagerly downloaded !

0:47 shows a great shot of 8 Cylon Raiders leaving a Basestar. I love how the camera angle lowers down as they fly towards us. But the effect is lost when we go underneath them. I'd love to see the camera lowering stop at the same level as the Raiders and they swooosh past in a menacing close-up.

0:54 The Cylon's make their Final Stand ? This is not the Cylon Final Stand, it is 1 basestar discovering Earth just before the Galactica does. I think the wording should be changed.

0:27 and 0:37 and 1:10 I keep getting mixed up with the Cylon attacks here. One hits near the bridge. Another is by 8 Raiders. Then at 1:10 3 Raiders attack and hit engineering, but we see the inside the bridge explode ? Plus we have the basestar firing. I am getting confused as to which attack, causes which damage ?

1:26 That shot you have created of the Fleet making it to Earth is truly epic. But putting the logo and title on top of that shot, lessens the epic effect. I would look at putting the logo and title later.

In the same shot above, you have Adama's voice about the quest to find Earth. But they've just found it ? ;-) Wouldn't it be better to lift his speech from the beginning of Galactica1980 which ends in "We have at last found Earth" ? I think that would be much more effective. (This is V. important in my view)

Hope this all helps..........
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 08:47 AM   #62
Digger_One
Bad Email Address

Okay...now to address feedback questions.

1. Hmm...you know, that might work better then what I have right now. I think I'll re-do that one to see how it looks.

2. Correction. The Basestar accidently stumbled on the Enterprise, not Earth. You're right though. Bad choice of words on my part.

3. Remember, this is a teaser. Attacks are shown out of order. The whole point of teasers is to "tease" everyone into watching the final show.

4. While this is true, I can't find another place for that shot. Seemed like a good idea at the time . Don't worry though, because that shot won't have any titles or anything like that in the final show.

5. Very, very good point. Any chance someone can point me toward that opening nariation from "Galactica 1980"? If I can find it, maybe I can work it in to the next trailer (Yes, not teaser, Trailer ).

That should just about cover it. Thanks for the feedback! Anyone else?
Digger_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 08:52 AM   #63
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

I have the G80 episode The Return of Starbuck saved as an mpeg on my computer. That has the narration in, I will see if I can capture the audio. One note though, is in G80 they dropped the word yahren, and replaced it with year. Adama says "years" in his speech. However, perhaps we can look into editing yahren in to replace that ? We just so happen to have a sound engineer here on CF, I'll see if I can capture the audio and drop him a line.......
Old March 4th, 2006, 04:24 PM   #64
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Hi guys,

I agree with Daniel's comments. The only thing I have to add is that the ships look too clean to be real. This works for the Raiders but not for the Basestar or the Enterprise. I suggest smuging the texture up a bit. It does not need much.

I truely have to say that this is a fabulous piece of art. I am beyond impressed and I get goosebumps everytime that I see it.

I showed version one to a co-worker yesterdaywho could not believe that this is "fan art". Basically, everyone I have shown it to is floored. Keep up the wonderful work!
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 04:43 PM   #65
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

I have always seen the Enterprise as a very clean ship - I think it looks just right.... But I will agree with the Basestar texturing could be better, which I have commented on before.

You're right about this having that 'flooring' effect on people - it did me !!!!!!!!!!
Old March 5th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #66
Digger_One
Bad Email Address

Battlestar Galactica 1978

Wow...thanks for the great compliments everyone.

Sorry for the severe lack of updates lately. I've been catching up on college work. Also, some of the shots I'm rendering take quite a while to render. So, I'll lose my reputation of putting this thing together in the shortest time possible. After all, it's better to have it done right, as opposed to having things rushed. So...again...I'm forced to cancel my nightly updates again. I'll be around the boards, and update once in a while, but first off, I've got to handle my college grades. So, until the next update, which shouldn't be too far off, !

Oh look...a black hole. This is Digger One, I'm pulling over to investigate a black hole, over.

Old March 9th, 2006, 07:45 PM   #67
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

I'm late as always. lol

And I'm the only one who voted for End of the Exodus.

It's an awesome trailer and it's awesome how so many are doing fan films.

OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 06:28 AM   #68
Digger_One
Bad Email Address

Battlestar Galactica 1978

Galactica Control, this is Digger One.

Appearently, you're supposed to stay away from black holes. No one ever told me that one! Anyways, I have a small update as to what I've been doing recently. As a few know, something called "real life", whatever that is, seems to have gotten in the way of this production. I've decided to work on the intro sequence I've been thinking about so much. Right now, I've got about 5 shots completed. I'll probably need at least 9 to make it final. Also looking through episodes to find good charactor shots for my first varient of the intro.

Well, that's what I've been up to recently. Now, back to trying to break out from this blasted black hole
Old April 10th, 2006, 06:42 AM   #69
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

Great you've back from the hole in space and time.....

Have been suffering withdrawl symtoms due to the lack of updates, and its great to hear you're still being creative and working towards WOWing us again !
Old April 11th, 2006, 07:38 AM   #70
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

I was just about to hunt you down and poke you in the ribs until you resurfaced. Welcome back to the slide zone.
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 02:11 PM   #71
Clifford Hoeft
Shuttle Pilot

Your trailer is looking great, and the BSG/ST crossover concept is awsome as there is no need for messy explanations of why and how.

It's encouraging to hear that you are half way through your production, I am eagerly awaiting this release.
Old May 7th, 2006, 07:49 AM   #72
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

The Trailer for Journey's Fate (version 2 for those who know there was one preceeding it) has been added to the SHORTS page on www.battlestarfanfilms.com

I can't wait for the day I replace it with the complete mindblowing fanfilm !!!!
Old May 7th, 2006, 09:47 PM   #73
Digger_One
Bad Email Address

Thanks man! I've been dying to get something on your website!

I to also hope you can replace that trailer with an awesome fanfilm someday. Keep in mind, I will NOT give up on my fanfilm, for the sake of the fan base!