Old February 14th, 2005, 04:23 PM   #1
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Star Trek Frakes Confirms 'Enterprise' Finale Appearance

From Trek Today:

Frakes Confirms 'Enterprise' Finale Appearance

By Michelle
February 13, 2005 - 9:14 PM

Jonathan Frakes confirmed this weekend that he and Marina Sirtis will be performing as Riker and Troi in the finale of Star Trek: Enterprise.

During an appearance at the Eleventh Annual SF Ball in Bournemouth, UK, Frakes told the crowd that he and "his Imzadi Marina Sirtis" would both be in the final episode of Enterprise, according to fan reports sent in to the Trek Nation.

Reports had surfaced late last month that the two Star Trek: The Next Generation stars would appear in the Enterprise fourth season finale after a post by an administrator on Sirtis' web site (story). A source confirmed that negotiations were underway, though Sirtis denied the rumours at a convention in Florida (story).

In a recent chat at StarTrek.com, executive producer Manny Coto declined to speak about the finale, saying, "Rick Berman and Brannon Braga are writing it and if they want to spoil it I'd rather have them spoil it themselves! But I will say that it does not involve time travel. That's as much as I will say. And, it's a very cool story."

Frakes and Sirtis were last seen as Riker and Troi in Star Trek Nemesis, when the two left Captain Picard's Enterprise so that Riker could take command of the USS Titan.

The Enterprise series finale is scheduled to air on May 13th. Thanks to Mark Newbold and Dax X for their reports on the SF Ball.

Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 02:25 AM   #2
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: Frakes Confirms 'Enterprise' Finale Appearance

It was weird, watching him prep dinner.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #3
Jubal
Warrior

Frakes and Sirtis on the show was pretty cool. Overall I liked the last episode of Enterprise, minus Trip dying which I thought was stupid. I actually made a version of that epside that deletes out him dying matter of fact.

But Frakes cooking, that man could do about anything with a charming smile.

I think it would be even funnier if they could have had him as a reoccuring character throughout the show. The actual cook would have been there, but we see Riker. :P
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #4
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

I must respectfully disagree. In this day and age that means I should call you demeaning names and question the legitimacy of your parentage, but I still need to get some yardwork done today so won't take the time.

As much as I enjoy Frakes and Sirtis in those roles, the final episode was a tremendous letdown after the miracles Manny Coto had worked to raise the quality of the show. He had been handed one of the lamest, most clichéd cliffhangers ever used in science fiction and he basically made lemonade out of the debris that the Killer B's left for him.

Then the Killer B's wrapped it up for him in their own style, ruining everything Coto had accomplished. Yes, Trip's death was stupid. But the whole thing was stupid - the holodeck concept and the stunt casting of Frakes and Sirtis could have worked except for that stupid story line. But all the stupid parts played perfectly with the rest of the stupid disaster that was Enterprise's final episode.

And the cook was supposed to have been Shatner, but they couldn't work out the deal.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #5
Jubal
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
And the cook was supposed to have been Shatner, but they couldn't work out the deal.
Seriously? Man they were trying to turn that episode into a variety hour, much like the Star Wars: Holiday Special. Throw in an animated sequence and a song from Jefferson Starship and the transformation would have been complete.

At any rate, the feeling I got with Enterprise was actually an interesting one. It was fun, but never really all that popular. I think honestly a lot of Trek fans were just tried after Voyager wrapped up. Season 2 went well, season 3 was interesting in concept, and then somehow despite it all they got approved for another season.

But they were sure there would not be a season 5. And it seems in this show that was dying already with no salvation in sight to basically "go nuts" in the last season. And to me, season 4 was some of the best Trek I have seen in ages.

But in a way the final episode being disappointing was not surprising. Star Trek was running out of steam, and in the end, a variety show ending .. well, wasn't surprising. It was like the levels of lame that had tainted the first three seasons had to be there to give the series continuity so the end and beginning matched. Or something.

But yeh, season 4 was great, I generally ignore the last episode for the most part. At least the Trip dying part.
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #6
Senmut
Strike Leader

And it all ends with signing the Federation Charter.
In the words of Kruge; "Charming."
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote