Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:59 PM   #1
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Dr Who The New Revamped Silurians

Even though they aren't to appear until episode 8 and 9 of series 5, seems the internet has no end to full spoilers! So these are thenew and improved revamped looking Silurians. Last seen in the classic series 'Warriors Of The Deep'!

Synopsis....

Quote:
In the episodes eight and nine of the 2010 series, the Silurians will return in a storyline set in 2015 involving an underground drilling operation where a hibernating group are disturbed under the Earth.
In the episode "Cold Blood" Episode 9!

Thoughts and discussion points if any?

I'm liking the news that many of the old Dr Who villains or foes are reappearing, wasn't or weren't "The Ice Warriors" up for a comeback too, being they were kinda referenced somewhat in 'The Waters Of Mars' special in November 2009. Think for once the daleks could do with a break, seeing as if they're overused they don't work, and Dr Who got a such a backstory and catalogue of villains, i'd love it if the new producers could bring many and revamp many of the forgotten Dr Who enemies over time into the new series (since 2005).

I'd love to see; The Ice Warriors, The Movellans in the revamped Dr Who series. And possibly, another Sontaran story with them hording it up in a big epic storyline by themselves as the main foe.

Wondering how the new Silurians will be this season though?

KJ
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:11 PM   #2
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Dr Who The New Revamped Silurians

I agree. Give the Daleks a bit of a break. The series has so many great villains that they can bring back!

Those Silurians look great! Matt Smith is taking a bit of getting used to, but I'm starting to dig this season a lot.

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 04:32 PM   #3
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Dr Who The New Revamped Silurians

I quite agree with you there monolith21!

I mean, while the series has done great in reviving past Dr Who villains and foes with a few bumps along the way? The Daleks once again are becoming overused in favor of the others that have only now shown up in the series, which is a good thing but they too aren't enough? Yes we know after they appeared in Dr Who's second episode in 1963 that the series went into meltdown with success. But i think with all due respect many foes have turned up over the years that were far more formidable to the doctor than the Daleks. I mean, really, how does a mutant 'Kaled' in a "machine" even build all their resources like; spaceships, weapons and such etc. Address their failings and you'll see why they shouldn't really be deemed the Doctor's most dangerous adversary's but only the most popular ones. The Cybermen are my favorite Dr Who villains.

Personally what i've miss and what this series has yet to do is; re-introduce an "omnipotent" Dr Who foe who he doesn't readily talk any smackdown to, cos he's so afraid of them!

Namely villains like; 'The Black Guardian', 'The Celestial Toymaker', 'Queen of Eight Legs' (Deceased though), The Great Vampires (although the Time Lords and 4th Doctor wiped them out?) and Omega (who's not truly dead cos he is Anti-Matter) etc. A foe that truly makes the Doctor afraid!

So far he's mouthed off to The Emperor Dalek, Rasillon, The Master (thats a given though).

The Series after so long 'DOES' need a foe that even the Doctor fears outright and not alien foes he's beaten time and time again because they're part of the "lexicon" of the series' cliched villain. A villain who requires that he be very careful or play dirty to survive by any means necessary. And not the A-usual Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, Ice Warriors etc.

One of my wishes is that, they'll revive the "Cartmel Masterplan" before any 12th or 13th Doctor comes along and takes up the role in a few years time.

Food for thought methinks!

KJ