Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old December 26th, 2003, 12:47 PM   #1
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Thumbs down Gaming Woes.

Oh brother I think we were robbed. Who came up with some of the ideas anyways? I am still on mission 7 where you fly the raider. Well whoever designed this part should be spaced. The formation moves way to fast and is too tight to allow one to adjust for quick turns. I managed to get within range of the tylium core to do what? There is no way to target it and remain in the formation? If you watch the movies completely your ship is way out of formation and at times the controls freeze. The Cylon taxicab conductor gets on your nerves. "You are out of formation." I managed to shoot it out with all of the raiders and survive. I managed to knock out all of the cannons on the station but couldn't destroy the tyleum reactor even after Iphi stated "Go Adama." I am ready to give the game away or flush it down a toilet.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2003, 01:19 PM   #2
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

I think a little patients is called for.

By all accounts it's a hard game to play.

Peter
Old December 26th, 2003, 02:16 PM   #3
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I finally got through the bit with the Cylon Troop Carriers.... They told me to go after the rest of the Cylon fighters next and then a movie bit pops up saying that something got through and the Cylons have kidnapped the Commander.

I'm supposed to target the shuttle and disable the engines, eh? I couldn't even track the fracking thing, much less disable it! Time was running out, but I got killed right before the clock ran out. It took me quite a while to master where all the Troop Carriers were coming from and when. I get the pleasure of going through that bit all over again and then try and find that bloody buggery shuttle!

*sigh*

I'll keep trying......but I do have to agree on one point, Ian said that it wouldn't be any fun if is was too easy, but I'm playing on the "Normal" difficulty level! I know that there are a few out there that have already finished the entire game at this point - I'm truely in awe of their game playing skills...

Once more unto the breach......

"Look out you gaul monging tin heads - here I come!"

Best regards,
Bryan
________
Health injuries & problems forums
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2003, 05:08 PM   #4
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default I DID IT!!!!!

I fought the raiders. I managed a number of chain kills. Then on to the station. I hit it from every angle until success was achieved. HELL YES!!! beer:
Old December 28th, 2003, 02:53 PM   #5
Raymar3d
Demonslayer
Vulcan Torturer

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDDigital Artist
BG: The Second Coming
Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003

Ambrosas on the house!

If being a Colonial Warrior was easy, it wouldn't be very realistic. This game puts those warriors skills in perspective!

Ken
Raymar3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2004, 11:55 AM   #6
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Keep trying Kingfish. I'm sure if ANYONE can find a way to
destroy it ..........you can
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2004, 11:24 PM   #7
Mike Wright

The trick with the Troop carriers is to hold down X (that is, if you are playing X-Box, which you should be, cause PS2's crash, and I heard BSG isn't as good on that platform) until all your missiles lock on each carrier, and let her rip... Then take them out with lasers. But when you get to the last six that all come at the same time, the best thing to do is turbo straight at each one, firing nothing but missiles till they explode. Its a hard level.

I'm stuck on that ship thing you have to attack... Its the level after the crimson raider level. I keep getting blown away by the missiles after I take out the towers. Any hints?
Old January 10th, 2004, 08:46 AM   #8
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Troop Carrier mission gripe!

I finally finished the Troop Carrier mission earlier this week. It took me a while to get them all - I've only played it to that point 3 times without getting killed. I managed to disable the Cylon shuttle and finish the level, but I got kinda pissed when I saw my stats. I got downgraded from a "B Level" (Silver) to a "C Level" (Bronze). That level is so mission directed and time dependent to play - I didn't have time to mess with Cylon raiders except for that brief time after all the Troop Carriers get destroyed and having to hunt down the shuttle.

On a good note, that even though my stats went down, I couldn't have been happier that I finished this mission - it was a real bugger for me!

Best,
Bryan
________
JUSTIN BIEBER FANS
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2004, 08:50 AM   #9
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Consider Yourself Lucky.

I played the game on the most difficult level and am stuck on an easy mission that I breezed through on the easy level. It is the one where you have to shoot the ice chunks, destroy the attacking Raiders, and so on. I packed the game up once again. I have had enough of it.
Old January 12th, 2004, 09:17 AM   #10
ssimak

Hey Kingfish,

Did you get through mission 6 (where you fly the Raider)? I am not sure what I am being asked to do. Everytime I follow the Raiders I get caught.

Steve
Old January 12th, 2004, 12:48 PM   #11
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by ssimak
Hey Kingfish,

Did you get through mission 6 (where you fly the Raider)? I am not sure what I am being asked to do. Everytime I follow the Raiders I get caught.

Steve

For mission 6 both times on easy first and then hard. You must remain in formation. If you get too far out the Cylon Taxi Conductor gets on the horn. "Raider Omega you are out of formation." This gave me a laugh and boy did I need it. You have to follow them through the pass and remain with them. The movies that are shown in between can louse the game up by placing the raider out of formation. Sometimes you can't compensate and the game ends. Once Iphi begins running the program and you remain in the formation a final movie comes on stating that the tyleum reactor has opened and fire when ready. Now you can actually play the game. Fight like hell by moving the Raider in all directions. They can't lock on to you. Press the triangle button on right side of the PS2 controller for targets. Once you get them start blasting like crazy. I cleared the sky of Raiders and then set my sites on the station. Take out the defenses first. Next head for the top of the station but always move the ship because otherwise they will destroy you. Head away from the station if you need to repair the ship and make a quick turn back towards it. Fire at the top of the station and the core will open. Now head for the middle of the station and shoot it out(The core is easy to spot). Iphi will state, "Go Adama." Next they will tell you to shoot the things that look like big lamp posts when they open. That is relatively easy because you will see a yellow light emenatioing from each. The clock will begin counting down so move quickly by pressing the right R-1 button. Mission scoring is next and thank your lucky stars that it is over.
Old January 12th, 2004, 05:42 PM   #12
ssimak

Thanks again for the assist. I can tell this one is going to take a while to get through.

The most frustrating part is waiting for the game to reload and then skipping past the cut scenes. I find that once I get into formation if I set my speed to match the target (double hit the O on the PS2) it makes it much easier to follow. Occassionally, I need to adjust the speed if I fall out of fomration but I then set it back to match the target speed and I get much farther.

Best,

Steven