Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old January 9th, 2004, 12:53 PM   #1
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Question Where Is Colonel Tigh.

From what I recall that he also fought the Cylons pre tos BG. I remember the famous scene in Saga when both are in the launch bay in individual ships in order to avoid Sir Uri's bugging of Adama's quarters.

Adama: It brings back memories my old friend.

Tigh: Only our ships weren't as fast.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #2
Drake113
Shuttle Pilot

I had the same thought, Kingfish. I thought it was cool that the game included Cain, but I really thought they dropped the ball by excluding Tigh. Maybe there was a problem caused by the fact that the original series and the miniseries had such radically different Tighs, both physically and emotionally.
Drake113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2004, 05:10 AM   #3
James Swallow
VIP

Story Artist
BG Video Game

I covered this over in an interview at BG2003...

Quote:
BG2003: In the original series, Colonel Tigh and Commander Adama were reminiscing their days as Viper pilots. Is Tigh a member of Adama’s squadron?

JS: Not in this game, no. I wanted to include a reference to a young Tigh, but I wasn’t able to work it in. As the game details Adama’s very first mission, it’s plausible that he didn’t fly with Tigh until sometime afterward, maybe when he was a flight leader.
Who knows? Maybe if we do a sequel?
James Swallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2004, 04:50 PM   #4
Aeneas
Warrior

The game doesn't follow the official canon much, anyway.(Go figure--semi-based on the mini)

According to the novelizations/adaptations of "Saga of a Space World" and "Living Legend", Cain and Adama were wingmates aboard the battlestar Cereberus under the command of Odysseus. Maximum Press fleshed this idea out in "Asylums 1 & 2". (I.e, neither started out aboard the Galactica!)

Tigh was either 1. a replacement for Cain when he was transferred to become the new strike commander for Pegasus("Lost Planet of the Gods" novel) or 2. an Academy classmate of Adama's who arrived on the Cereberus weeks(sectons) before Adama(Maximum Press).

(And yes, he was still Black!)

But then they probably couldn't figure which Tigh (old/new) to stick in there given the fan uproar.
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:28 AM   #5
James Swallow
VIP

Story Artist
BG Video Game

Aeneas said...
Quote:
The game doesn't follow the official canon much, anyway.(Go figure--semi-based on the mini)
Depends on what you consider "official" canon. Are the books canon? Are the comics? (Maximum, Realm or Marvel)? You can argue that the only "true" canon is what appears on screen...

Quote:
Cain and Adama were wingmates aboard the battlestar Cereberus under the command of Odysseus.
There's no reason to assume these events couldn't take place after the events of the game plotline; don't forget, Adama later serves on the Rycon too...

Quote:
But then they probably couldn't figure which Tigh (old/new) to stick in there given the fan uproar
That's not why Tigh wasn't included. Personally, I think one character from the 'future' Galactica saga (Cain) was enough in the game - players would know that Cain would survive to the end, and if we had Tigh too, that would have lessened the jeopardy even further.
James Swallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #6
Aeneas
Warrior

I love that scene.

(Galctica Filght Deck. Col. Tigh standing by a lone Viper.)
(Canopy pops open revealing Adama.)

Tigh: Commander?!

Adama: Just like old times..., isn't it Tigh?

Tigh: Well, our ships ween't quite so fancy but we gave them a good run!