Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old January 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #1
Centurion Draco
Equal rights for Cylons!

Default DREDD Sequels not going to happen.

Echoing the singular lack of enthusiasm shown to my attempt to promote Dredd 3D here, the cinema audiences stayed away in their droves.
Net result?
The possibility of the movie trilogy ending with the Dark Judges and even the TV series spin off are as dead as Judge Death's victims.

The reviews were largely good to excellent, the die-hard fans were pleased......
And it bombed!

It's hard to imagine another 18 rated Sci-Fi movie being made after this disaster.

Best film I've seen at the flicks for years! My copy on DVD in the post to me as I write this, best use of 3D I've seen so far. Made me say to the mrs that the replacement for our Thomson CRT will now have to be 3D.......

Old January 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #2
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: DREDD Sequels not going to happen.

This one was pretty much a "wait for the blu-ray" movie for me. It just didn't hit my radar that strongly.

Shoot, if there's any movie I'm saddened hasn't seen a sequel yet, (or at least, just another installment) is Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.
That was an awesome sea-epic film, and I see there is quite the line in the Aubrey-Maturin series of books (from which Master and Commander:TFSotW is derived and based). The movie only took a few plot elements, characters, and ships from several books, including the title of (I believe) the 13th book, but it still kicked astrums.
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:29 AM   #3
Centurion Draco
Equal rights for Cylons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
This one was pretty much a "wait for the blu-ray" movie for me. It just didn't hit my radar that strongly.

Shoot, if there's any movie I'm saddened hasn't seen a sequel yet, (or at least, just another installment) is Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.
That was an awesome sea-epic film, and I see there is quite the line in the Aubrey-Maturin series of books (from which Master and Commander:TFSotW is derived and based). The movie only took a few plot elements, characters, and ships from several books, including the title of (I believe) the 13th book, but it still kicked astrums.
If you are buying the blu-ray then you'll be getting the 3D version as well.
If you can, then watch the 3D version FIRST. Even if you have to go to someone elses place with a big screen 3DTV.
The use of the 3D in this movie was superb!
Old January 19th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #4
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

I bought one of those 24 inch Sony 3D TV's that was made for the PlayStation 3. I'll check it out.
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #5
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

Colonial Fleets

Good...! This reboot wasn't worth the 90 minutes it took for me to watch it. I'd hate to think that enough people liked it enough for the studios to crank out more of the same.

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #6
Lara
Squadron Leader

Shame. It was true to the comics. The bad aftertaste of the Stallone dross lingers???

My secret fantasy is a true big screen rendering of Strontium Dog. Judge Dredd I liked, Strontium Dog I NEVER missed. Gritty, pragmatic, dry. Joy factor in common: the artwork of Carlos Ezquerra (And Stanless Steel Rat,, and , and..)

But equally I couldn't stand it if they screwed it up

Lara