Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old February 8th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #1
Jibby

Question The Twelve Original Battlestars

I've come to a conundrum...

All of the information on the internet seems to point to the fact, that their were twelve original battestars, of Galactica's design, that represented the Twelve Colonies. Galactica, Atlantia, Solaria, Columbia, Triton, and Pegasus are mentioned as battlestars, in the miniseries.

I seem to think, that because the original series had Columbia, as the class progenator, the class should be called the Columbia-class battlestar. Until some canon proof is shown, on the new series, we'll never know what to call the class. Pegasus, has been shown to be a Mercury-class battlestar.

It would make perfectly good sense to me, to assume that Galactica, Atlantia, Solaria, and Columbia, would be of the original class. Triton and Pegasus, of the newer, yet older-looking Mercury-class.

Why? Because the first group, all end in the letter A. The second group, doesn't seem to have a similarity in name, other than that they seem to be dissimilar. Beyond the Greek reference, of course.

It is apparent that Atlantia, Solaria, and Columbia, had their systems upgraded to networking computers.

Also, the question comes to mind:

What were those twelve original battlestars, and which colony did each represent. Galactica, obviously Caprica.

What do you people think, about this confusing notion?
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:10 PM   #2
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibby
I've come to a conundrum...

All of the information on the internet seems to point to the fact, that their were twelve original battestars, of Galactica's design, that represented the Twelve Colonies. Galactica, Atlantia, Solaria, Columbia, Triton, and Pegasus are mentioned as battlestars, in the miniseries.

I seem to think, that because the original series had Columbia, as the class progenator, the class should be called the Columbia-class battlestar. Until some canon proof is shown, on the new series, we'll never know what to call the class. Pegasus, has been shown to be a Mercury-class battlestar.

It would make perfectly good sense to me, to assume that Galactica, Atlantia, Solaria, and Columbia, would be of the original class. Triton and Pegasus, of the newer, yet older-looking Mercury-class.

Why? Because the first group, all end in the letter A. The second group, doesn't seem to have a similarity in name, other than that they seem to be dissimilar. Beyond the Greek reference, of course.

It is apparent that Atlantia, Solaria, and Columbia, had their systems upgraded to networking computers.

Also, the question comes to mind:

What were those twelve original battlestars, and which colony did each represent. Galactica, obviously Caprica.

What do you people think, about this confusing notion?
Jibby,

Are you referring to the Battlestars that were mentioned in the Original Battlestar Galactica show or the "New" show?

I believe that there were some other discussions which addressed this question, with respect to the Original show. I'll try to find the threads and post a link, here.

If the question is with respect to the "New" show, please refer to the following thread:

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ewpost&t=12601

BST

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 08:32 PM   #3
Jibby

I apologize, I didn't know that you didn't want to discuss the new series, on this forum. I assumed that the forum, was here for both shows. It's cool that you do the CGI stuff, however.

Old February 8th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #4
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Thanks, Jibby.

No harm done. We made an announcement regarding TNS discussion being shutdown, back in September, 2005. I believe the thread is in Forum Feedback, if you're interested in reading it. It's entitled, "The Time has Come".

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote