Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 1st, 2003, 01:54 PM   #1
Belloby
Bad Email Address

Default A heartfelt letter to Mr. Moore...

Mr. Moore, this is in response to your letter posted on Sci-Fi bulletin board (link follows).

http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/531/349

Why'd you do it? Why did you decide to make a remake? Please respond honestly. Not that it's gonna be "fun" or that you feel you can improve Galactica. Couldn't you have improved it with the original cast?

I am confidient that you could've. I've seen your work on Star Trek and it is excellent. There are many fans in Trek think that your work is so good that they want to hand the franchise over to you and take it away from Berman. I am among them. But after this thing with Galactica, I don't know what to think anymore?

So why'd you let us down? How could you let us down? I don't understand. Wasn't it bad enough the series only had one season and then was disgraced with Galactica 1980? Even during it's first season the series was really rushed and monkeyed with.

You have the chance, a chance that all of us Galactica fans wish we had. To make Galactica into the series we all see in our minds. You're so very lucky.

I don't know how to impress upon you that using the original cast is vital. You're used to Star Trek fans, not Galactica fans, so maybe that is where we are having the trouble communicating. With us, it's not about defining what a Stardrive is or did Richard Hatch give a good performance in "The Living Legend"...it's about the people who were on those ships, the characters and more importantly the actors who brought them to life. We had fun with them...and much like an old family reunion, we'd like to have fun with them again.

You will do, what you want to do of course. And I don't doubt that the reworks you've done to the script are good. But Ron, you're much better at writing your own stuff...why re-work something somebody else has done? I don't understand?? Unless someone else has put you up to it.

This letter is getting long, so I'm gonna wrap it up. It's not too late to stop production and get the old cast on board. I'm not somebody's agent or sister or anything like that trying to get them a job. I'm someone who's loved the series for over 20 years. 20 years?! Heck, most marriages don't even last that long!

Sincerely,
Belloby
Belloby is offline   Reply With Quote