Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > All About Models
Notices
All About Models Information on making models, real or CGI. Tutorials as well.
Requests and questions should be posted here.

Old May 21st, 2014, 01:23 PM   #1
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default I found a Battlestar on my front doorstep last night...

They've finally arrived...!

I ordered the Moebius Galactica and Viper kits from an online retailer and they showed up yesterday. I'm pretty excited about this - mainly because I haven't built a BG model since 1979 when I built the Revell/Monogram Viper kit released back then.

I looked the kits over - the Viper is a slightly larger size than the R/M release, but it has a clear cockpit with a pilot, controls, etc. The assembly looks pretty much the same. It also has landing gear, which is a nice touch.

What I'm really jazzed about, is the detail on the Galactica kit. I was suprised by the size of the box, because it was smaller than expected. The box is just jam packed with parts. This will look much better than the poorly crafted Revell/Monogram kit - I still have that unbuilt in the box because I knew I would never be happy with it. I know that this kit will provide a satisfactory result.

Just to clue you in - I'm a box stock kind of guy. I don't have the skill to add lights, or weather a model properly without muddying things up. I can manage a "fresh from the factory" look and still be happy with it. When I get these two built and finished, I'll be happy to post the results.

It's so exciting to build a new BG kit after all these years...!

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 09:11 PM   #2
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Default Re: I found a Battlestar on my front doorstep last night...

Hey there Gemini,
Congrats on receiving your kits. I placed an order for both the Big G and the Viper a while back. They just came in and I received them today!
I am impressed with the detail on the kits. I also was surprised by the size of the Galactica box and how much was crammed into it. Looks to be an interesting build. Good luck with yours.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote