Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old September 18th, 2004, 05:18 PM   #1
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Star Wars Special VH-1

There is one on tonight at 10PM EST titled When Star Wars Ruled The World. I saw the previews and they looked good. There are interviews with the stars of the movies including Mark Hamill.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2004, 08:22 PM   #2
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Frak, I just read this now and I've already missed it. Well, knowing VH-1 they will show it again several times in the next couple of weeks.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2004, 09:20 PM   #3
julix
Bad Email Address

I watched it tonight and it was pretty good....again I say actors don't realize the impact they have on fans and that was proven in this show.....
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2004, 05:56 AM   #4
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

I watched it. It seemed like a rehash of Empire of Dreams that aired a week ago.
Old September 19th, 2004, 07:36 AM   #5
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I caught 'When Star Wars Ruled the World' last night at 10pm. I liked it! I even liked it even better than 'Empire of Dreams' - 'Dreams' was more about Lucas and his struggle to make the films. 'Rule the World' was more about the SW phenomenon, the culture, the fans, etc... It may not have been more informative than last week's docco, but VH1's version was much more interesting.

Paul - as far as a "rehash" - there was some duplication of footage, but I'm pretty sure that Lucas gave the okay to VH1 to produce a 2nd documentary....as long as his was seen first. I really don't give VH1 the credit to pull the thing together in a week. There were a lot of interviews that had nothing to do with Lucas' 2 hour documentary.

Even though it was late - I was motivated to pop my copy of "A New Hope" the VHS player last night. I really have a warm spot in my heart for the first trilogy. Even though the SFX aren't CGI, those 3 films do something to me that the last 2 didn't even come close to doing.

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2004, 09:17 AM   #6
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
*LMAO* Bryan, I also watched all three films last night on tape.
Darrell -

I didn't start until 11pm and was up until 1:30am or so. What time did you start your marathon? I hope it was much earlier...!

To be quite honest, as much as I love Star Wars, I had a hard time staying up to finish it and I was in bed with it on my 13" color TV (with widescreen no less) and no stereo sound. I'm probably gonna do all three this afternoon downstairs with the big TV and dolby surround. It's a cool cloudy day up here in NorCal today and I can't think of a better way to spend it. I got all my shopping and chores done yesterday - I think that I deserve it!

May the Force be with you...!
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2004, 10:30 AM   #7
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

I watched the VH-1 show and I still have to wonder why in the world do they have to talk about sex so much on those things??/

Have you all ever watched the "I Love the 80s" and those types??? Every person says something about sex and stuff. Now, I"m no prude, but it just gets to be too much, especially with children around. You can't watch it with children around!!!

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:09 PM   #8
julix
Bad Email Address

char.....

I am not sure what you mean.....I watched the special and I didn't notice sex talk...who what where????I am just wondering if i saw the same show as you or fell asleep or what. The I love the 80's show has sex talk in it.
Old September 21st, 2004, 06:50 AM   #9
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Well, I guess it was about Leia's slave outfit, but I guess that goes with the territory!!!

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 01:05 PM   #10
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdis
Well, I guess it was about Leia's slave outfit, but I guess that goes with the territory!!!

Oh...okay, yeah. I guess I skim over that part because I also have heard so much about that from men over the years......tuned it out somewhat
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:45 PM   #11
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

If you missed it, there is an encore tonight at 10PM EST.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 04:26 PM   #12
Ian_W359
Warrior

I caught the majority of 'When Star Wars Ruled The World' on Monday night (the UK gets a VH1 channel too), I thought the show was fun. True, it wasn't as serious as 'Empire Of Dreams' (shown over here on 'The Biography Channel') but I think it needed a lighter view of things, which it did well.

Ian W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote