Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 19th, 2009, 05:43 AM   #241
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

There must be a way for all the talent around here to come up with something to get people's attention like a mock movie poster or even a mock movie trailer for example Save Enterprise done one for Enterprise in 2006 showing what a fifth season would of been like using fan made CGI but in this case you could show what a BSG movie could have in it

Here is what Save Enterprise done, I should add that most of the trailer was assembled by reading what the producers of Enterprise said in interviews although i think one fan script idea made it in as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaLqr9sJ_FI

Last edited by Aussie Warrior; March 19th, 2009 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: added link to Save Enterprise Direct-to-DVD trailer
Aussie Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2009, 06:15 AM   #242
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Excellent point AW. I have said this as well. I have a whole fleet of warships and support ships that I would gladly donate to the cause
Steve
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2009, 06:56 AM   #243
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

Well you all got a head start with all that information on the Singer/DeSanto effort i think even some of the artwork was turned into CGI models so that is one good thing and plus you got all the other models so yeah strike will the Iron is still hot
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:00 AM   #244
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

If this turns out to be real I think TOS fans will come out of the woodwork to do what ever they can to show support for it
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:15 AM   #245
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

Perhaps, but how many more rumors are left in the tank before they completely stop or more importantly how many more rumors can be tolerated by the patient fans before they leave for good.

It's tough, could move now while it is a rumor and hope it doesn't stay a rumor because it could make us look like a High Schooler getting dacked in a corridor full of people or we sit and let it all go by and hope the rumor is reality.
Sometimes we got to go and climb the mountain instead of waiting for the mountain to pop up from underneath us so we can get to the summit.
Old March 19th, 2009, 08:50 AM   #246
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Actually, KJ, the expression is:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Not over here its not! maybe its different in the States/North America, but over here it means that the person was naive enough to get fooled once. But that the second time round means whomever was foolish enough to try the same trick twice and the preivous victim "wised" up, is all!

In any case they both imply the same meaning more or less, so no worries on how it goes in any given situation dude!

KJ
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #247
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
If this turns out to be real I think TOS fans will come out of the woodwork to do what ever they can to show support for it
We could start an online petition and send it off to Universal to let them know how serious we are about wanting a TOS BSG movie!
Good idea?

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #248
jeditemple
Bad Email Address

Well, I'm one of those folks who loves the old series and has somewhat enjoyed the new Sci-Fi version (or should I say SyFy...ugh).

But ever since Season 3, it has gotten worse and worse. And now we're two-hours (and one DVD release) away from it all ending...I guess. But I don't hold any hope that Ron Moore will be able to satisfy the new series fans and bring this thing to a successful close. There simply isn't enough time to close all of the plot threads, which leads me to believe that we'll see more DVD releases in the future. Ron Moore would profit from that. I think that the new "Caprica" endeavor will fail, because the premise sounds pretty boring. But we know that Sci-Fi likes to work franchises to death (Stargate Universe anybody?). And on a side note, there's more action (space battles) in one Stargate episode than a whole season of BSG. The Sci-Fi BSG has been too much drama and not nearly enough epic battles [insert laser sounds and explosions here].

That's why I have hope for a continuation of the original series. This makes TOS fans very happy and it would be coming at a good time. I just hope that Glenn Larson doesn't screw this opportunity up. Let's hope for the best, now that "the-powers-that-be" are talking and the lackluster Sci-Fi version is fading away.
jeditemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2009, 12:12 PM   #249
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Athene
I will sign
Old March 19th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #250
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Warrior View Post
There must be a way for all the talent around here to come up with something to get people's attention like a mock movie poster or even a mock movie trailer for example Save Enterprise done one for Enterprise in 2006 showing what a fifth season would of been like using fan made CGI but in this case you could show what a BSG movie could have in it

Here is what Save Enterprise done, I should add that most of the trailer was assembled by reading what the producers of Enterprise said in interviews although i think one fan script idea made it in as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaLqr9sJ_FI
I've been proposing exactly along these lines, please check out the Proposal thread !!!

Plus to those with the ability to animate, I sent the call out to make fanfilms ! Even if its just a 1-2 minute CGI space battle.

I run a site to host and showcase fanfilms, www.battlestarfanfilms.com , and surely a steady flow of fanfilms would be another feather in the fanbases's cap ?
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 06:16 AM   #251
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

I see it, i'll see what i can do to help in there
Old March 20th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #252
Sarika
Strike Leader

Indeed thay have my support 100%!

The Last Piscon Siress

HSH Princess Sarika Her Highness' MySpace
Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:20 PM   #253
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Athene

Please put my name on the Petition!

IN BIG BOLD, 120PT TYPE

btw, CAN I PLEASE CALL FOR A ROUSING CHORUS OF "DING DONG GINOS GONE!"
LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:37 PM   #254
monolith21
Squadron Leader

I was waiting for that! First round is on me!

Okay I'll behave.

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2009, 07:07 AM   #255
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athene
We could start an online petition and send it off to Universal to let them know how serious we are about wanting a TOS BSG movie!

Nope, considering the past we shouldn't have to petition for anything. They know its something LONG overdue so why go the extra mile for it when the demand has been there on-and-off for a BSG movie, for god knows how long.

Although its taken 40 plus years for superhero movies to get their due; Superman The Movie (1978), Batman (1989/2005) Spider-man (2002), Iron-Man (2008) etc. Science fiction series to movies on the other hand, shouldn't be taking this long to get made if they're clearly apart of pop culture. Its been a bloody crime somewhat for TPTB to jerk people/fans around like this. Would you petition for your own money at the bank when they're messing around with you during the 'Credit Crunch'? (sounds like a breakfast cereal doesn't it)

Like i've said before, fans should do what necessary to get a movie going, but don't ever jump through "hoops" for these people with their own agendas. And considering how widespread BSG fans are these days, those that were involved and those that are fans but simply just voiced their opinions to see a 'Battlestar' movie long ago in magazines and whatnot. We've been down this road several times with absolutely no reward whatsoever!

We're not sad, so why put a target on our backs yet again, saying hit me?

Nah, online petitions are clearly a thing of the past. If Universal's serious about a BSG movie, then THEY not us need to prove it. Galactica fans have proved they're fans for decades, why chain ourselves up and be abused further still? Universal NEEDS to put out a website with forums, clips, news announcements, be in the media headlines etc and whatnot, saying there's a new movie on the way, like all the other sci-fi/fantasy film projects on the horizons out there.

Until that happens, i'll do what mans on here says and enjoy this series for what it was. And let the numerous fan projects we've got, be more of an interesting thing to be apart of!

KJ
Old March 21st, 2009, 02:09 PM   #256
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

I agree. I have had it with signing petitions of ANY kind regarding Galactica. I've done it probably more than a half dozen times for various things in the past, and each time I learn how worthless a gesture it is. It's time for the powers that be to do something I can put faith in to give support to, or forget it.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2009, 02:40 PM   #257
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Online petitions mean nothing to Universal.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2009, 02:55 PM   #258
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

I have to agree with the three gentlemen before me.
Old March 21st, 2009, 08:14 PM   #259
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

As do I.

Dollars mean more to any studio exec than any other consideration. Business has taken over show business, and left creativity in the dust. They won't even look at an internet petition (we found that out a few years ago, didn't we?). What we have to do is, somehow, show the studio execs that they will make money hand-over-fist if they produce a TOS BSG product.

I think battlestarfanfilms.com is a good place to start.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2009, 08:49 PM   #260
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

Perhaps a site should have a guide or something on the best prices for BSG models etc so fans could snap them up hopefully meaning Universal gets more money and sees the original series is giving them a nice financial cushion therefore hopefully obtaining the logic that if fans pay for toys/models then they'll happily pay $15 a movie ticket or $30 a DVD (rough figures).

Also about battlestarfanfilms.com i think we somehow need to promote it as the fan place to see how a continuation is extremely possible maybe through a united network of Galactica sites, modelling sites and of course general Sci-Fi sites and forums all pointing to each other etc to increase traffic and maybe artists confidence in showing their talent.
Old March 21st, 2009, 09:25 PM   #261
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Warrior View Post
Also about battlestarfanfilms.com i think we somehow need to promote it as the fan place to see how a continuation is extremely possible maybe through a united network of Galactica sites, modelling sites and of course general Sci-Fi sites and forums all pointing to each other etc to increase traffic and maybe artists confidence in showing their talent.
Agreed. While it would be nice to have a "place to go", to view these fanfilms, I think that it is probably more important to network these Galactica sites, once and for all.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2009, 11:56 PM   #262
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

The sooner the better, the clock is ticking
Old March 22nd, 2009, 12:43 AM   #263
monolith21
Squadron Leader

I'm hoping that once we get this costuming group up and running (its well on its way!) it will be a good resource for Battlestar fan films. Helping out with such productions will be a major focus.

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

-Albert Einstein
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:55 AM   #264
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

I'm flattered that my site has received such attention !

There was a plan a while ago at BG.com to bring all the sites under one umbrella, Richard Hatch and I discussed it on the phone too, but a year later this and his other plans he mentioned have yet to happen.

I'm also concerned that in the last year my site hasn't received any new fanfilms ? I know of about half a dozen CGI shorts in the works, but they've been 'in the works' for a long time ! I'll happily update my site as often as we have new TOS fanfilms coming in.

To those who have stuff on their hard drives or the ability to create TOS animations, please hear this call....

Having a strong web presence, with regular new material, co-operation and updates can only be beneficial to our cause, so I'm certainly willing to do what I can with www.battlestarfanfilms.com
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:12 PM   #265
Athene
Galactica's Princess

We as fans have waited a long, long time to get a TOS BSG movie.
I don't know if anyone remembers the letter writing campaign that fans did for Star Trek TOS. We can do one for TOS BSG. We want our movie and we want it NOW!
I say a letter writing campaign wouldn't hurt.
I say let's flood the mailboxes of Universal.
No..we won't be abused or chained up...we will be respected for the passionate TOS BSG fans that we are...
Maybe someone here just might write a terrific script for the film.
'Nuff said.

Battlestar Earth admin
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:13 PM   #266
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125 View Post
I'm flattered that my site has received such attention !

There was a plan a while ago at BG.com to bring all the sites under one umbrella, Richard Hatch and I discussed it on the phone too, but a year later this and his other plans he mentioned have yet to happen.

I'm also concerned that in the last year my site hasn't received any new fanfilms ? I know of about half a dozen CGI shorts in the works, but they've been 'in the works' for a long time ! I'll happily update my site as often as we have new TOS fanfilms coming in.

To those who have stuff on their hard drives or the ability to create TOS animations, please hear this call....

Having a strong web presence, with regular new material, co-operation and updates can only be beneficial to our cause, so I'm certainly willing to do what I can with www.battlestarfanfilms.com
Your MOST welcome!

I've got that site bookmarked on my computer.

Battlestar Earth admin
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:00 PM   #267
monolith21
Squadron Leader

I think the bummer is that we've tried online petitions and letter writing campaigns...and then we got Gino. That is at least why I think so many are not open to the idea.

That said, I can't see that it would hurt. Jericho sent nuts...smallville sent pencils during the strike...we should send something other than just letters. They tend to take notice when it something fun or surprising. The one thing they won't give us is time so they aren't going to read letters. However if a truck pulls up with thousands of nuts from a fan group it makes them raise an eyebrow.

What the heck could we send? Preferably in one big group and not individually. I was going to suggest Popcorn but that may open some old wounds!

http://www.nutsonline.com/jericho

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

-Albert Einstein
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:16 PM   #268
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

We could send Mushies !!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, we've done stuff before and it hasn't worked, so it needs to be something new.

That's why I've proposed a TV advert, plus continuing to hope that The 14th Colony will happen so we have something to rival New Voyages. A big bang is needed.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:36 PM   #269
monolith21
Squadron Leader

I think the TV advert, theatrical advert, and whatever else we can do would be amazing. I was thinking of something to send as an initial eye opener. I'm thinking of this thing in waves!

We could send carmel pop corn. That is on there. They worked with the Jericho fans so maybe they'll work with us. The pop corn isn't as cheap as peanuts, two bucks more per pound. CBS definitely stood up and took notice.

Here is the letter they sent out:

To the Fans of Jericho:

Wow!

Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series. You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard.

As a result, CBS has ordered seven episodes of "Jericho" for mid-season next year. In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more "Jericho," we will need more viewers.

A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show. But that community needs to grow. It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available.

We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity and volume you have displayed in recent weeks.

At this time, I cannot tell you the specific date or time period that "Jericho" will return to our schedule. However, in the interim, we are working on several initiatives to help introduce the show to new audiences. This includes re-broadcasting "Jericho" on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips from these episodes across the CBS Audience Network (online), releasing the first season DVD on September 25 and continuing the story of Jericho in the digital world until the new episodes return. We will let you know specifics when we have them so you can pass them on.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of "Jericho" in such an extraordinary manner. Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone. You made a difference.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler
President, CBS Entertainment

P.S. Please stop sending us nuts :-)

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

-Albert Einstein
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:33 PM   #270
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith21 View Post
I think the bummer is that we've tried online petitions and letter writing campaigns...and then we got Gino. That is at least why I think so many are not open to the idea.

That said, I can't see that it would hurt. Jericho sent nuts...smallville sent pencils during the strike...we should send something other than just letters. They tend to take notice when it something fun or surprising. The one thing they won't give us is time so they aren't going to read letters. However if a truck pulls up with thousands of nuts from a fan group it makes them raise an eyebrow.

What the heck could we send? Preferably in one big group and not individually. I was going to suggest Popcorn but that may open some old wounds!

http://www.nutsonline.com/jericho

Letter writing is a nice idea - has the human touch - but, look around. How many of us are here, at any given time? Even the total number of members (1500+), is a spit in the bucket.

Online petitions suffer from lack of credibility. A person could go by an infinite number of names and sign the petition with each.

What you need is something that will reach as many as possible and ask them to do something as easy as possible.

Example:

Produce an advertisement in a popular magazine which asks folks to send a text message or an email to a particular cell phone # or email address (like the president of Universal Studio) that you know will be seen by the intended party.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote