Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > Battlestar Galactica
1978/80 Episode Reviews
Notices

Old September 9th, 2005, 05:05 PM   #31
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

EIT isn't the best episode of BSG, but it's a long way from being the worst.

And Dawg mentioned the word "arc" in his reply, so BSG was doing arcs way before it was the "in" thing.

EIT is also rumoured to have given Ronald Reagan the idea for the Strategic Defence Initiative too!
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #32
Wildcard

yeah this ep defintly had a unneccasrily high cheese content, but it also still gives me two WTF tech moments....1) the Galactica moves at THE speed of light w/o any of the relativistic effects that Einsteinian physics tell us should happen . I know of no other race in all the multiverse that can do this.

2) the Galactica deployed a shield that absorbed (w/o to much effort btw) hundreds if not thousands of nuclear warhead strikes in the 10-20 MT range!
Old January 28th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #33
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default Does everyone get one of these?

Apollo, upon seeing Brenda's apartment, asks her, "Does everyone get one of these?" He is clearly impressed, but why?

Do you think he's just comparing her place to the cramped quarters everyone in the fleet now lives in, and not about his parents' home/his own apartment or house, on Caprica? Or did Capricans not have large residences, for whatever reason? I've always thought the ruins of Adama's home in Saga seemed to be an outline of a house that didn't look very big.

Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 04:30 PM   #34
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Default Re: Does everyone get one of these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollecto View Post
Apollo, upon seeing Brenda's apartment, asks her, "Does everyone get one of these?" He is clearly impressed, but why?

Do you think he's just comparing her place to the cramped quarters everyone in the fleet now lives in, and not about his parents' home/his own apartment or house, on Caprica? Or did Capricans not have large residences, for whatever reason? I've always thought the ruins of Adama's home in Saga seemed to be an outline of a house that didn't look very big.

Mary
I think he's probably comparing the size of the place to the quarters on the Galactica.
This episode is later on in the series.

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 08:05 PM   #35
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: BG-15: Experiment in Terra

This is the one that was written for Dirk's Starbuck and last minute switched to Richard's Apollo with little if any dialogue changes. If you listen closely, you can hear where lines were more suited to Dirk's timing and character.

I think the space in Brenda's place (it was HUGE) was the reason for his query. This is actually the 1 hr episode I plunk in the DVD player the most as a default. I think because the Galactica rescues this "younger" world from it's own extinction. I also love the mythos of the Ships of Lights and this gives a brief dose of that.

I think John didn't send the real Charlie because they weren't able to intervene to the level of springing him from prison and because they were out of time. (They didn't spring Apollo, either.) They knew the EA was perched to attack within that day or two.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #36
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

What was Brenda driving?
Have any of you ever determined what kind of vehicle it was that Brenda was driving when she picked up Apollo? On the front of it you could see very Earth-like-looking windshield wipers. Was it the landram built for the series, or just a souped up Earthling car?
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #37
Ramses
Bad Email Address

Default Re: the name "john"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollecto View Post
There is a small sequence in the novelization of this episode that explains more of who John (Edward Mulhare) is. In the scene where he first meets Apollo, Apollo asks him something along the lines of "What should I call you?"
The angel thinks about it for a moment, and then answers, "John. Is that the sort of name you're familiar with?"
Apollo answers no.
John then nods and says something like, "Oh, yes, I keep forgetting where I am. It's a very common name on Terra."

I swear that at least one of the times I saw the telemovie that I heard this conversation take place on the show. Yet it's not on the DVD, and it's not in the deleted scenes. Does anyone else remember this conversation being on TV?
Mary

I remember that line from the show. I also thought maybe that really was earth.
Ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2020, 04:49 PM   #38
Croft2018
Shuttle Pilot

John (Edward Mulhare) of The Ship of Lights engages Apollo to go on a secret mission to aide the planet Terra and help them from falling victim to the Eastern Alliance. Terra is another in the group of planets along with Lunar 7 and Paradeen that are seemingly in the same sphere of influence the Eastern Alliance and their unnamed opposers.

A lumpy, rushed episode with a surfeit of ideas that seems to be influenced by Star Trek's A Taste of Armageddon ... a little bit. Sadly, it really needed two episodes or a feature-length timeslot ala Greetings from Earth to do justice to them all. What we have is a big change of pace for this series and Mulhare, Melody Anderson, Ken Swoford, Logan Ransey and Nimiah Persoff are all good value with Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict taking centre chair in the regulars, particularly Hatch.
Croft2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2020, 11:44 PM   #39
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Nehemiah Persoff incredibly is still with us, having just turned 101 years old.

My favorite performance of his was the "Judgment Night" episode of "The Twilight Zone" which also had Patrick MacNee in a small part.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2020, 03:06 PM   #40
Senmut
Strike Leader

He was good as an Holocaust-survivor Rabbi in an ep of Magnum P.I.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote