Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old September 14th, 2003, 02:19 PM   #1
Starbuck
I'm 100% female

Lightbulb Question About Richard's Books

Well, I paid a visit to my local book store today and managed to find only 1 of Richards's BSG books, a paperback of Resurrection. I've ordered the other books from amazon.com. My question is this: do you have the read in books in sequence, or are the novels self-contained stories? Thanks!
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2003, 02:23 PM   #2
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi!

It's probably a good idea to read them in order, because subsequent books refer to things mentioned in the earlier ones, and there are some partial cliffhangers resolved in later books.

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2003, 04:47 PM   #3
Starbuck
I'm 100% female

Thanks. I figured as much. When I glanced over the few first pages of Resurrection and read about a critically injured Starbuck, I thought I probably should read the previous books first.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2003, 05:20 PM   #4
amberstar
Strike Leader

I just finished Resurrection today. Yes I would read them all in order. I have waited on Resurrection for three months after finishing Armageddon and Warhawk, now I can start on Rebellion, then Paradis.
What I have read so far I do like.
It does make more sense to read them in order.
Old September 14th, 2003, 06:21 PM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Definitely don't start with Resurrection. (I did: mistake! when you get to it you will understand why. )

It makes the best sense to read them in order. They're a lot of fun. Chris Golden and Brad Linaweaver were my favorites of the collaborators as far as writing style. But my favorite sequence & battle are the last 75 pages of Resurrection. There's just some imagery that begs to be on film. And incredible plot twists, the pace is fast.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2003, 08:42 AM   #6
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Definitely read in order!

Yes, they are highly ordered in the storylines. Read them in order for full effect...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote