Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old February 21st, 2004, 12:52 PM   #1
Aeneas
Warrior

Default I Hate The Troopships!!!

Granted, I can't expect people to hold my hand throughout the entire game, but any tidbits on this annoying screen would be helpful.(HELP, KINGFISH!! ) Beat it once, but made the mistake of locking missiles on the escaping Cylon shuttle:

PAULUS: ADAMA!! YOU KILLED MY FATHER!!!
Old February 21st, 2004, 05:25 PM   #2
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Wink

Patience is a virtue. Hopefully you are using ps2. If so this may help. Press the triangle button(target aquisition). This will show you where the troopships are in relevance to the galactica. Use your missiles. Next stage is the escaping shuttle. Press the triangle to locate it. Hit your turbos if need be and use lasers. Hit the circle. The voice will come on stating that you are a credit to your race and the grading report is given.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2004, 03:18 PM   #3
Aeneas
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish
Patience is a virtue. Hopefully you are using ps2. If so this may help. Press the triangle button(target aquisition). This will show you where the troopships are in relevance to the galactica. Use your missiles. Next stage is the escaping shuttle. Press the triangle to locate it. Hit your turbos if need be and use lasers. Hit the circle. The voice will come on stating that you are a credit to your race and the grading report is given.

ALL RIGHT!!!! THANK YOU, KINGFISH!! I am now up to mission 6(Cataract)! In one night I jumped up 3 levels. Now on to mastering the laser turrets...
Old February 25th, 2004, 04:39 PM   #4
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas
ALL RIGHT!!!! THANK YOU, KINGFISH!! I am now up to mission 6(Cataract)! In one night I jumped up 3 levels. Now on to mastering the laser turrets...
Aeneas -

Since you have now passed me up, can you clue me in on how to defeat that Cylon ship hidden in that asteroid. I have no problem taking care of all the smaller asteroids with those beam projector thingies, but when it comes to defeating the big ship that was inside the asteroid, I get fragged.

I've used patience, but I could use a few pointers....

Cheers,
Bryan
________
Good Sex
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2004, 04:50 PM   #5
Aeneas
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
Aeneas -

Since you have now passed me up, can you clue me in on how to defeat that Cylon ship hidden in that asteroid. I have no problem taking care of all the smaller asteroids with those beam projector thingies, but when it comes to defeating the big ship that was inside the asteroid, I get fragged.

I've used patience, but I could use a few pointers....

Cheers,
Bryan
Bryan/Gemini,
Best advice, use Turbos all the way. Watch your HUD, it'll give you the clearest indication of any missiles heading your way(big green circle, coundown in red). OUTRUN/OUT JUKE THEM. Also, if you're heavily damaged, there's no shame in running off to give your Viper time to repair. Once you've avoided any hazards, Turbo back and target any power plants(green engine thingies) with your missiles. Keep your foot in the turbos, it'll help against any missiles..or any Raiders that feel lucky. Trust me, this approach takes a while but it works.

Good luck,
Sean
Old February 25th, 2004, 04:55 PM   #6
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas
Bryan/Gemini,
Best advice, use Turbos all the way. Watch your HUD, it'll give you the clearest indication of any missiles heading your way(big green circle, coundown in red). OUTRUN/OUT JUKE THEM. Also, if you're heavily damaged, there's no shame in running off to give your Viper time to repair. Once you've avoid any hazards, Turbo back and target any power plants(green engine thingies) with your missiles. Keep your foot in the turbos, it'll help against any missiles..or any Raiders that feel lucky. Trust me, this approach takes a while but it works.

Good luck,
Sean

Sean -

Thanks for the tips. I think that I was spending too much time on the weapons turrets. I can hold my own against the Raiders and the missles for the most part, but I guess that I hung around too close for too long. I didn't think about targeting the engines (doy!). I'll give that a go next time.

Best regards,
Bryan
________
Body science
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2004, 06:05 PM   #7
Aeneas
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
Sean -

Thanks for the tips. I think that I was spending too much time on the weapons turrets. I can hold my own against the Raiders and the missles for the most part, but I guess that I hung around too close for too long. I didn't think about targeting the engines (doy!). I'll give that a go next time.

Best regards,
Bryan
No biggie, I'm actually playing right now. Just took a break to glance @ "Enterprise" 'n get away from my less than favorite screen. (Troopships still take about 2-3 tries) . By the way, I have the worst luck with wingman(specially the cute, sexy sounding female types!) Any ideas on how to save(keep 'em alive) them?
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:20 PM   #8
Aeneas
Warrior

Disregard. I have now jumped to level 4 with "Stacey"(the cheerleader): {"O.K. let's go!!")

and have added "Sheba":{"Roger that, Adama"} to my merry band. Why Sheba, you ask? Take a listen and tell me that they didn't sneak Anne Lockhart into the recording booth and not tell anyone!!