COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Video clips from the new V

Here: http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/05/video-abcs-v.html
Old May 19th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #2
Captain Chirri
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Video clips from the new V

The sound quality was TERRIBLE! I could barely hear what was being said, and I had the volume up as far as it would go.
Captain Chirri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 12:01 AM   #3
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Hmmm..."VINO"? No red uniforms eh?

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:22 AM   #4
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQoSCEMzJYE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hJRafM1e8Q

I've got to say, I like what I'm seeing.
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #5
Vonstadt
Bad Email Address

I'm a HUGE V fan, loved the original mini, and MOST of the Final Battle (loved Ham Tyler, hate hate hated the Star Child), and was not a fan of the series.

As long as the new V keeps the subtle feel of the 'It can Happen Here' approach of a Nazi-esque occupation then it should be fine. It should be okies though, Anna was fairly manipulative with that reporter in that one clip. Though it looks like the new show has merged the John Character and Dianna character into Anna.

So here is to hoping
Vonstadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 08:41 PM   #6
monolith21
Squadron Leader

The "Vees"? I don't know...

Why go this route when Kenneth Johnson's book is the perfect way to return to the "V" storyline? I hope he gets his movie made. The situation is all too familiar...

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM   #7
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Thumbs up Re: Video clips from the new V

I'm looking forward to this one, love V and when I see the clips I was super excited. Hopefully it will be around a bit, read that it was having problems already. I just would hate to get hooked to see it get cancel after the first season.
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:21 AM   #8
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Those are really cool.
I'm going to watch those clips later on this evening.

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 06:16 PM   #9
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

I wasn't going to watch this. I wasnt' much interested but was too tired to write on a script and just wanted to chill so I clicked it on. I was VERY impressed with this pilot. It was a true "reimagining" but whoever put this version together managed to rework it with all new faces and all new characters and still maintained the essential look, feel, and essence of the original. The characters grabbed me early on although I wouldn't pretend that they were better than the original set, as they were an amazingly strong set of characters in their own right.

I will be checking this out some more. If they can maintain the essence of what they started, they've got something very good going here.

Russell
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:15 AM   #10
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
I'm looking forward to this one, love V and when I see the clips I was super excited. Hopefully it will be around a bit, read that it was having problems already. I just would hate to get hooked to see it get cancel after the first season.
Well that is SySy's reputation...which is why I hardly every watch them anymore, except for the reruns of the good shows. I want everyone to know this...when I get my HUGE amount of cash I am investing in an online Sci-Fi broadcasting company of my own and play and support Sci-Fi and not (in my opinion) garbage like SGU and the "other" you know what show. We need a channel out there that listens to the majority of the fans.

For the fluff and puff dark sex drama, watch SySy...but for pure Sci-Fi watch my online programs. Well, until I get the funds we are stuck with watching our DVD's, Hulu, and other sites that replay our favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon View Post
I wasn't going to watch this. I wasnt' much interested but was too tired to write on a script and just wanted to chill so I clicked it on. I was VERY impressed with this pilot. It was a true "reimagining" but whoever put this version together managed to rework it with all new faces and all new characters and still maintained the essential look, feel, and essence of the original. The characters grabbed me early on although I wouldn't pretend that they were better than the original set, as they were an amazingly strong set of characters in their own right.

I will be checking this out some more. If they can maintain the essence of what they started, they've got something very good going here.

Russell
I watched the very first trailor last night in SySy...I was impressed that it didn't give me the same dark dreary feldercarb like most of the shows on SySy gives us. I haven't seen the YouTube links that was given here yet (I'm at work and YouTube is blocked & I am usually not online when I get home) but so far I like what I see.

Monolith - I haven't read any books on this story, what is the name of the one you are referring to? I would like to get a copy of it and read it myself too.
Galactica the Movie is coming soon!
Kronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:44 AM   #11
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronus
I want everyone to know this...when I get my HUGE amount of cash I am investing in an online Sci-Fi broadcasting company of my own and play and support Sci-Fi and not (in my opinion) garbage like SGU and the "other" you know what show. We need a channel out there that listens to the majority of the fans.

For the fluff and puff dark sex drama, watch SySy...but for pure Sci-Fi watch my online programs. Well, until I get the funds we are stuck with watching our DVD's, Hulu, and other sites that replay our favorites.

Its all about the DVD's and the format with its unique capabilities. Something i've obsessed about since it came out. If networks aren't listening, get the content you're interested in and 'bun' and ignore them for their ignorances.

DVD's have grown to the point where, if you've got a computer/laptop, your pretty much quite accessible to whatever you want to watch and how you go about watching it. the format become creative enough to allow you to create and make your own DVD's too. Wishing all the best in this endeavor Kronus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith21
Hmmm..."VINO"? No red uniforms eh?
Lol, V.I.N.O. (V, In, Name, Only).

Would've prefered Kenneth Johnson to bring V back. Can't tell you how for years we've heard all kinds of attempts to bring it back by him and all number of ways from various scripts to an outline from JMS over the years. V has alot in common with TOS BSG series, in how they've both struggled to revive their original incarnations with the 'source materials' that has fasinated so many people the world over when they viewed the original pilot/series so many times over the last few decades.

Time will tell if this is more than just yet another re-imagining by a studio, or something with some serious *meat* on the bones etc.

KJ
Old November 4th, 2009, 02:14 PM   #12
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

I just hate V. It was a bad concept that never should have seen the light of day in the original. If you want a heavy handed political message series as this incarnation is, go for it, but I just hate propaganda.

For a serious look at science fiction I suggest Flash Forward

http://www.hulu.com/flash-forward?fr...FQtM2godIm1E0A

Bring your imagination and some science with you. Its a detective story with quantum mechanics.
Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 03:08 PM   #13
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Going to give what I saw a C+.

There's not the sense of growing menace that the original had but it seems to have created it's own alternate V reality without warping original characters.

The guy who stands up in the wheelchair is actually "Barry", the kid from Land Of The Giants.