Builder of the RTF

Right on!

You're DaMan!
Old December 7th, 2005, 03:21 PM   #122
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble
Glad you got to talk to Tom D guys. He's way cool, always got time for the folks who pay for the tickets!

What sort of panel lines are you going to have on the body and will there be a version with landing gear in the future?

Looking good folks, press it home!

Best,

Peter
Tom is having (many drawings) scanned at this time to e-mail and possibly some larger that he'll snail mail to me, on the viper and cylon raider. I'm waiting to see the final renderings for the viper and the warriors outfit, before finalizing my master to be molded. It will be a short wait to hear back from Tom, he's real thrilled about it. As for the landing gear, have actually already begun designing and concept building of this idea about 2 months ago, I think. But it was just too consuming at the time, and got back to priorities
But, who knows. I hope that I can work out the details and include this. Would all that pre-ordered be willing to give a little bit more time so that this could be accomplished? I'm already working on and opening canopy system to be built into the model. It's becoming a very ambitious project, and now that Tom is in full gear and watching it all unfold, I'm under pressure!
Old December 7th, 2005, 03:24 PM   #123
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125
I am very pleased for you to hear this.....Tom DeSanto seems a very down to earth gentleman who understands the fanbase. I have had indirect contact with him, and received a gentlemanly and supportive response.

Of all the plus points to have on our side, his support is one of the mail ones in our determination to get a Continuation. Its great he's got behind your viper project......
HE IS HELLBENT on a continuation, and it WILL HAPPEN! That is his promise, and it's his baby, along with this viper and modeling his raider, it has excited him. I can't get over how excited he was.
Old December 7th, 2005, 04:46 PM   #124
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

BlueSquad2001.......that's great to know.

My contact with him was about my idea of making a special edition version of 'The Return of Starbuck' without the Galactica1980 content. Instead it would include Continuation era scenes. You can read more about my idea in another thread in this forum.

However, I am concerned that anything I did, if it progressed to an official release, might cause minor continuity issues with his Continuation. In some ways I wonder if it is best to sit back and be a passenger and wait to see what he delivers.....but if we all did that many things would never get done. So that project, and my website (www.battlestarfanfilms.com) are my attempts to contribute to the BSG galaxy.

You've chosen a very different route. The reproduction of Continuation models....and again we see the excitment in Tom and the fanbase when someone comes along and makes part of a Continuation possible......

Good on....us all.......
Old December 7th, 2005, 05:10 PM   #125
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125
BlueSquad2001.......that's great to know.

My contact with him was about my idea of making a special edition version of 'The Return of Starbuck' without the Galactica1980 content. Instead it would include Continuation era scenes. You can read more about my idea in another thread in this forum.

However, I am concerned that anything I did, if it progressed to an official release, might cause minor continuity issues with his Continuation. In some ways I wonder if it is best to sit back and be a passenger and wait to see what he delivers.....but if we all did that many things would never get done. So that project, and my website (www.battlestarfanfilms.com) are my attempts to contribute to the BSG galaxy.

You've chosen a very different route. The reproduction of Continuation models....and again we see the excitment in Tom and the fanbase when someone comes along and makes part of a Continuation possible......

Good on....us all.......
Ernie, and all checking out this thread, I cannot, begin to word effectively his anxious and thrilled attitude towards the continuation. More than likely, he will be lurking here checking out the progress and reading the thread.
But in any case, I have re-newed and even more powerful faith that his efforts and his plans for the continuation with original cast members will be done. I've put forth my best effort to communicate to him our dream, and it is also his!
I'll keep all here posted on our communications and all things Battlestar.
Old December 8th, 2005, 05:57 PM   #126
Fragmentary

It's great that things are coming together this way. It's pretty cool to get to sit on the sidelines and watch this all play out. I'm eager to see what new light Tom's additional references might shine on the viper design. Of course, you've got to hope that it's nothing that will undermine any of the work you've done so far, although I'm sure that would have come up in the conversation with him if it would have... but on the other hand, you've got to kind of hope that there's a little extra something hidden in there that you can be the one to bring to light.

Man, I gotta be honest, part of the fun of this is just hearing how excited you are about this whole project. It really is infectious! Add to that, hearing that Tom is excited about it too, and it's probably the most interesting thing happening in world of Galactica at the moment.

I know I don't need to say this, but keep the updates coming.
Old December 8th, 2005, 08:16 PM   #127
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragmentary
It's great that things are coming together this way. It's pretty cool to get to sit on the sidelines and watch this all play out. I'm eager to see what new light Tom's additional references might shine on the viper design. Of course, you've got to hope that it's nothing that will undermine any of the work you've done so far, although I'm sure that would have come up in the conversation with him if it would have... but on the other hand, you've got to kind of hope that there's a little extra something hidden in there that you can be the one to bring to light.

Man, I gotta be honest, part of the fun of this is just hearing how excited you are about this whole project. It really is infectious! Add to that, hearing that Tom is excited about it too, and it's probably the most interesting thing happening in world of Galactica at the moment.

I know I don't need to say this, but keep the updates coming.
The last 2 days has been nothing but excitement to the point of draining. LOL! Here are 2 parts of the e-mail just sent to us by Tom. And I really now know that BSG TOS will see the continuation as planned. Keep the faith! Right Peter?

Tom DeSanto e-mail to Mike and Terri
"Thanks to both you and Michael for taking the time to
build the Viper. I really think Michael is a
wonderful artist and loved all his work particularly
the flying tiger painting just great stuff. I am
including some images which may help, including the
warrior flight suit and helmet designs. "
"Hope you enjoy the images and I am excited to put the
finished model on display in my office next to my
Cylon statue. Looking forward to seeing you both in
LA soon and saw your picture you both are a very cute
couple. Much happiness to you both always and thanks
for being part of those who believe in the show.

All the Best,
Tom

The images that I have been entrusted with are astounding to say the least! The DeSanto Viper that will be made will be to his approval, and we have decided to create sculpts of his pilot suit designs, figures will be male and female warriors. With color charts to accurately paint them. Tom will love this. I hope to continue stirring the excitment in him and his creativity I pray will become infectious also, for all fans!
Old December 9th, 2005, 05:42 AM   #128
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Great news. Good job Mike.

Sandy
Old December 9th, 2005, 07:07 AM   #129
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon
Great news. Good job Mike.

Sandy
Thanks Sandy.
I never thought this project that was started over a year and a half ago and the shelved for such a long period, would generate this kind of excitement and interest, mainly from a person with such importance like Tom. I'm still hard at detailing the master, and getting it all right.
Old December 9th, 2005, 07:49 AM   #130
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Really good efforts are still good, even if you have to shove them on the back burner for a while.

Quality overrides "newness" every time.

Sandy
Old December 9th, 2005, 01:00 PM   #131
z28barry

It's really great that Tom is on board and you are excited about it.
All the options you are mentioning seem interesting and will definitely add to the model.
I have a concern about all the options; will it up the price considerably?
I have already pre-ordered because it was within my grasp, but if options are being added on a regular basis, I can only guess that the price will jump.

Thanks, Barry.

Old December 9th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #132
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28barry
It's really great that Tom is on board and you are excited about it.
All the options you are mentioning seem interesting and will definitely add to the model.
I have a concern about all the options; will it up the price considerably?
I have already pre-ordered because it was within my grasp, but if options are being added on a regular basis, I can only guess that the price will jump.

Thanks, Barry.
Hey Barry.
We were at one point considering the option of landing gears with the model, but because the master was so close to completion, it was canned for the time. The only extra option that this will feature, unlike other vipers is the canopy being able to raise and lower. We will probably send the necessary components with instructions on how to instal this option if the modeler wishes to. But this is the only definate option that it will have right now. Thanks Barry.
Old December 10th, 2005, 12:03 PM   #133
z28barry

Very cool!
Can't wait to get the model in my hands.

Thanks, Barry.

Old December 10th, 2005, 05:29 PM   #134
Griffworks
Builder of the RTF

I had the privilige of stopping by Bluesquad2001 and WarriorChemists place today and looking at this thing close up. Lookin' better all the time! I'm not much for studio scale kits due to lack of space for display, but I'm going to have to get me one of these!

Now, just gotta convince him to do one in 1/72 scale....
Old December 12th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #135
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Thanks Jeffrey.
I really appreciate the compliments on this project. Am awaiting further shippments of casting materials. We had ordered some and after talking with Jesse, we came to the conclusion that we needed more. Ouch!
More spent on this monster project!
Old December 13th, 2005, 11:17 AM   #136
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Okay, I've been visiting the "mouse house" in Florida for the past 5 days, so I haven't been hanging around, but here goes....

a) Model is lookin REALLY groovy. Hope all is going well with the molding and casting. If you need any other tips or tricks, just give me a call.

b) If Mr. DeSanto is reading, please note that I'd be happy to help with all aspects of a continuation project (I run a special effects studio here in Minneapolis, hint hint hint, and can make hand props at the drop of a hat).

Anyway, its all looking really fine. I'm excited to get mine.

-Gordon
Old December 17th, 2005, 03:36 PM   #137
z28barry

Need some updates to see the progress, please.

Old December 17th, 2005, 07:09 PM   #138
Griffworks
Builder of the RTF

Last I heard from BlueSquad2001 & WarriorChemist, there were some Real World things that came up for BlueSquad2001 that are going to keep him "out of pocket" for a little while. Emergency type stuff, which is why we've not seen anything new in... what, a week? I'm sure once things have settled down we'll be getting reports again. I'll give them a call in a day or two after giving them some more time.

I know that they've got all the mold-making materials they need, but that BlueSquad2001 was going to make a pull of the main fuselage section so he could do the scribe work there. Aves Epoxy putty - or whatever it was that he used to build it up - doesn't take well to scribing, as it cracks and flacks badly. Resin, on the other hand, is a fairly decent medium to work with if you take it slow and don't push down too hard.

Hey, felgercarb happens, right?

There's also the saying that Slow and Steady Wins The Race. I've no doubts that once complete, it'll be awesome. Just give the time for it to be finished right the first time.
Old December 17th, 2005, 11:58 PM   #139
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSquad2001
Tom is having (many drawings) scanned at this time to e-mail and possibly some larger that he'll snail mail to me, on the viper and cylon raider. I'm waiting to see the final renderings for the viper and the warriors outfit, before finalizing my master to be molded. It will be a short wait to hear back from Tom, he's real thrilled about it. As for the landing gear, have actually already begun designing and concept building of this idea about 2 months ago, I think. But it was just too consuming at the time, and got back to priorities
But, who knows. I hope that I can work out the details and include this. Would all that pre-ordered be willing to give a little bit more time so that this could be accomplished? I'm already working on and opening canopy system to be built into the model. It's becoming a very ambitious project, and now that Tom is in full gear and watching it all unfold, I'm under pressure!
YES! Take all the time you need, just keep us updated.

Jim
Old December 20th, 2005, 10:27 PM   #140
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

I'M BACK!!!!!

And the show must go on. So hey, all that wish to talk and that have pre-ordered, then just give an e-mail, or a call and I'll be glad to update you on what, where, why, and definatly when all of it comes together. In the a.m., I'll give a complete description, just enough though to upset the "real pro" modelers, and to get you all ready for the pics coming forth. I can't wait to post my full build-up pics. Thanks to "ALL" of you that have kept up and kept my heart racing to this finish line. I'd love to talk to you all.
Old December 22nd, 2005, 11:56 AM   #141
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

NEW DETAIL PIC

Okay, here's the final and complete rear engine detailing, and yes, I obscured parts and only allow a shadowy glimpse. Don't want the entire details out until she hits your mailbox.
So..to all that has waited and demanded pics, here's a good one. The details are a step up from the original series, with a very close similarity, as it would hae been in this DeSanto continuation. Alot of the same kit parts are used as well as some details that are not from kits. Molding began last night and opics are a day awy from the board here. Thanks to all for sticking by me, and believeing And to all those in doubt...........
Old December 22nd, 2005, 12:04 PM   #142
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

That's going to look lovely on my launch rail!
Old December 22nd, 2005, 12:18 PM   #143
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Thanks Peter!
and the engine cans are almost complete, and will be molded separate.
And yes, you must glue them in!
Old December 22nd, 2005, 01:33 PM   #144
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

NEWS!!

Here it IS! The first fuselage casting. From here, it will be detailed with panel lines (ala) DeSanto, and then all systems are a go. But man I must say that the casting is bubble free. I don't know how....But it is. Nice and clean lines!
Old December 23rd, 2005, 01:21 AM   #145
Aussieviper
Shuttle Pilot

Wow Bluesquad, that is outstanding! I can't wait until mine comes 'down under!' She will look great next to the other studio scale Vipers. Thank you so much for doing an awesome job on a great subject. Sorry if this has been answered, but is there a pilot with it? Merry Christmas from Australia! Cheers, Chris
Old December 23rd, 2005, 06:28 AM   #146
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieviper
Wow Bluesquad, that is outstanding! I can't wait until mine comes 'down under!' She will look great next to the other studio scale Vipers. Thank you so much for doing an awesome job on a great subject. Sorry if this has been answered, but is there a pilot with it? Merry Christmas from Australia! Cheers, Chris
Hey Chris!! I know You!! LOL!
Good to hear from you. And about the pilot...we are exploring getting the actual pressure suited DeSanto design going. New suit, and new helmet. Will be working on this today to see where we are at. I'm hoping for pics on this subject soon. Thanks for being a friend Chris, and hope all is well with you down under this Christmas!
Keep in touch.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:10 PM   #147
Griffworks
Builder of the RTF

I got to see both the fuselage casting - very nicely done for their first large object! - and the work he's put in to sculpting the pilot's helmet. Awesome job so far and I know that everybody's going to like it. BlueSquad2001 has put in a lot of sweat and blood for this project - especially blood, he says.
Old December 25th, 2005, 05:35 PM   #148
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Merry Christmas to all at the Fleets!
It is 7:32 p.m. here and I have been working on the viper for the most part of the day. The panel lines are about finished and photos of the work are coming by tomorrow. As well as we have been sculpting the pilots helmet and pics will be coming on that also. I've gotten alot done this holiday, and still will continue to work until completed and sent to all that have pre-paid! It's coming fast.
Old December 25th, 2005, 09:08 PM   #149
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Merry X-mas BlueSquad2001

Glad to hear the Viper is coming along okay. BTW, did you get the DeSanto stuff yet? Now someone needs to do a Ship of Lights that lights up so I can put on top of my X-mas tree next year.

Jim
Old December 26th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #150
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbertman
Merry X-mas BlueSquad2001

Glad to hear the Viper is coming along okay. BTW, did you get the DeSanto stuff yet? Now someone needs to do a Ship of Lights that lights up so I can put on top of my X-mas tree next year.

Jim
Yes, we recieved some great stuff. Very important to this project. Thanks for keeping up with us Jim.\
Pics of paneled viper coming up in a few minutes. Stand by.

Closed Thread