Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REEL-WORLD CONNECTION > Conventions
Notices
Conventions Non BG Conventions included too!

Old July 19th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #61
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

I'll at least be there in spirit. I understand that G4 is supposed to be covering it on Friday starting at 5:00PM PDT. I'll at least fire up the ol' VCR for that.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 11:41 PM   #62
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeAthena
Ok all. This is it! We meet at Richard's panel. I will bring my BSG jacket and will be in all black. Steve has offered to save me a seat (make that 2 please Steve) and I am guessing he will be near the front. We can hang out there for a bit after near the door incase any of you find us late. (I may be a little late myself but I WILL be there!)

If anyone arrives later that day or later in the week, feel free to page me (as Kamikaze Athena) overhead and I will track you down and bring you to the rest of the squad.

Yay! Can't wait to see you all!
Diane
2 seats it is. Near or at the front, middle-isle seats. Just got back from preview night (4-day pass members) and it was PACKED! Beware of long lines and lots of people. Oh, BTW, we're goin' through a bit of a heat wave here. It's cooled off some, but it's still pretty warm and humid (there's AC inside of course). So dress accordingly. Safe journeys to all and I'll see those who are attending tomorrow.
Can't wait either!

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 05:14 AM   #63
KJ
Strike Leader

A reminder for people going to ComicCon, if it doesn't clash with whatever else your doing please check this out and get a major report on it for everybody?

Please....

Quote:
1:00-2:00 Warner Home Video's Superman Through The Ages— Featuring special guests from the film and television incarnations of Superman, including a special reunion with surprise guests and extended exclusive footage for Superman II—The Richard Donner Cut. Q&A with Marc McClure, Jack O'Halloran, Tom Mankiewicz (creative consultant), Michael Thau (editor in charge of the SII reconstruction), and more.
1 hour checking this out won't hurt will it?

KJ
Old July 20th, 2006, 09:18 AM   #64
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

OK, come on with the reports...all things TOS Galactica!!!! Let's hear it!!!

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 01:25 PM   #65
KJ
Strike Leader

I don't know how the ComicCon convention went, but i have managed to dig up news on the DVD's of Superman coming on the latter part of November 2006

http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=3171

Enjoy!

KJ
Old July 21st, 2006, 09:25 PM   #66
KJ
Strike Leader

Can anybody here rip this and out it up on youtube.com and get pictures of the "clip" to post up here online.

http://video.accesshollywood.com/player.html?dlid=24948

its supposed to be "Access Hollywood's" clip of Superman 2 The Donner Cut!

Trouble is it ain't working for alot of people online only the lucky few. Did any of you get to see this at the ComicCon show yesterday?

KJ
Old July 21st, 2006, 10:05 PM   #67
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Hey! Meeting some of you at Comic Con has been a real blast!!! The uniforms are making me jealous. I WILL have mine together by next year!
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 01:28 PM   #68
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Default We're Baaaa-aack!!!

Well Brian and I just got home from the Con and I know that several fleets members are till there.

The nutshell:
Fleets Attendees: Monolith21, CBSG4ever, BlueSquad, WarriorChemist, Dilbertman, spcglider, AlternityOrange, and Max Cervantes (sorry but I forgot your handle). Just about all of us managed to get to the same place at the same time and pics will be posted later.

Richard's Panel - Well, it was mostly GINO and he was going to show the Magellan trailer until someone (who is not known to be a Fleets member) asked to see the Second Coming trailer and the crowd pressured Richard into it. He said he was surprised that people still cared. Rest assursed, he know knows better! The response was overwhelming!

Transformers booth - Nothing really new there. A cool large transformer statue was present.

Autographs - Richard and Herb both signed. Both were very sweet. From Richard we learned that Redemption is a 2 parter and he said we WILL see part 2 in some way shape or form. We told Herb about the "Who would you chose as your wingman?" thread and the overwhelming number of responses that stated that Boomer was the man. He seemed truely touched.

Continuation - Richard and Tom both still want it and love how we inspire them and keep them going. They are still determined to "get the old girl out of drydock." No big news though. Tom did see me in uniform and did state that I "have a special place in his heart right now" and that I had no idea how much seeing that meant to him.

Bragging - Thanks to BlueSquad, some of us had the fortune of having dinner with Richard and breakfast with Tom. Breakfast was pretty mellow and nice. We talked a lot about everything from Galactica to the electoral college. Tom seems very nice and constantly made sure that our needs were seen to. Dinner with Richard and his girlfriend (who is very sweet and cool) was "beyond awesome". I again need to thank him for the sake and the plum wine he brought me. Very kind. There was also a debacle with a fish head. Pictures and stories to follow!

~Dy

"Hurry up, you wussies!" - Richard to some of our dining party who could not keep up with us when he charged up 8 flights of stairs to the resturant.
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 11:04 PM   #69
Apoptygma
Bad Email Address

Unfortunately I didn't get to meet you guys at Richards panel but I did make it out on Sunday. Met Herb and Richard, both very nice guys. My young children we fawning all over Lt. Boomer and he was shocked that young kids knew his character. Guess I'm raising them right. Richard was great too! What a genuinely nice guy. My kids fawned over him as Capt. Apollo and my 8 year old daughter asked him what it was like to work with daggets. He gracefully answered and explained about the chimps inside. Interestly side note, he made sure to point out to the kids that he was also Zarek in TNS. He too seemed surprised they all were excited to meet Apollo and not someone else.

Also meet Marc Singer of "V" who was doing a signing and John de Lancie. Overall the Con was soooo crowded but a blast.
Apoptygma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 11:11 PM   #70
monolith21
Squadron Leader

So seeing that Firefly fan booth at the con rekindled an old idea of mine. Would anyone be interested in trying to get a booth for the con next year? There seems to be a lack of Galactica stuff on the floor and I'd love to represent TOS and Tom DeSanto's project. We might even be able to get some people to do signings! We'd just need to take turns working the booth. Maybe we could sign up for two or three hour blocks at a time.

Seeing all of you at the con lit the proverbial fire under my rear! It was purely by chance too...I hadn't read the posts here before going to the Con!
Old July 24th, 2006, 04:47 AM   #71
julix
Bad Email Address

Glad you all had a good time! Can't wait to see the pictures!
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 07:57 AM   #72
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith21
So seeing that Firefly fan booth at the con rekindled an old idea of mine. Would anyone be interested in trying to get a booth for the con next year? There seems to be a lack of Galactica stuff on the floor and I'd love to represent TOS and Tom DeSanto's project. We might even be able to get some people to do signings! We'd just need to take turns working the booth. Maybe we could sign up for two or three hour blocks at a time.

Seeing all of you at the con lit the proverbial fire under my rear! It was purely by chance too...I hadn't read the posts here before going to the Con!
This is a killer idea! Booths this year after early bird discount were $1200, but you could get a table for $700. There is also Wonder Con in San Francsisco earlier in the year, which is probably cheaper. If enough people are interested, maybe we could try to get a contribution thing going on via PayPal.
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #73
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

As a relative newcomer for Fleets, I was not sure what to expect when meeting, for the first time, those from Fleets that attended the Con. Though it didn't suprise me, I was struck at how well we all got along. Different personalities, backgrounds, locations of the country, etc. all brought together by a show we are profoundly moved and influenced by. It was, quite simply, awesome! I am honored and pleased to be a part of such a fine site as Fleets and to be associated with it's members. BlueSquad2001 was spot-on when told me when I first joined Fleets that he had found a home here. I would have to agree.

Steve

"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #74
monolith21
Squadron Leader

I agree Steve...meeting everyone was awesome and a breath of fresh air. It's cool to know that as different as any of us may be from the other, we can always relate from the get go on one topic...Battlestar!

I think that wondercon is a great idea. Comic Con is like taking a drink from a fire hose so it'll be nice to have some experience going into it. I think we can design and set up an awesome booth. We definitely need to set up some sort of donation fund for the two cons but I have no idea how to do that.

I would really love to promot the DeSanto continuation and spread the word to help get it made. We'lll have to see about getting some props to show off behind plexiglass.

I'd love to get hold of a Cylon statue of some sort of stand high above the booth for people to see from all around. We should also have the people at the booth in costume and maybe a Cylon to draw attention outside of the booth passing out flyers.

We could show the DVD's and the behind the scenes stuff as well.
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #75
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Just get back from Comic Con and boy are my arms... Will post when I recover.

Jim
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:36 PM   #76
monolith21
Squadron Leader

It was cool meeting you man! Can't wait 'til next con!
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:41 PM   #77
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

http://www.globaleffects.com/B_11_frameset.html

Here is a link to Global Effects site with the image of the DeSanto Viper suit in the upper left.

Jim
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:57 PM   #78
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Thanks man!
Old July 25th, 2006, 12:09 AM   #79
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Quote:
I agree Steve...meeting everyone was awesome and a breath of fresh air. It's cool to know that as different as any of us may be from the other, we can always relate from the get go on one topic...Battlestar!

I think that wondercon is a great idea. Comic Con is like taking a drink from a fire hose so it'll be nice to have some experience going into it. I think we can design and set up an awesome booth. We definitely need to set up some sort of donation fund for the two cons but I have no idea how to do that.

I would really love to promot the DeSanto continuation and spread the word to help get it made. We'lll have to see about getting some props to show off behind plexiglass.

I'd love to get hold of a Cylon statue of some sort of stand high above the booth for people to see from all around. We should also have the people at the booth in costume and maybe a Cylon to draw attention outside of the booth passing out flyers.

Hey Mark,
We could get together and brainstorm some ideas. PM me to compare our schedules. What do you think?

Steve

Old July 25th, 2006, 03:29 AM   #80
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

I'm sorry I missed the event, meeting you all would have been very cool. I'd like to bring the fan film next year, did they screen any fan films?
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 06:14 AM   #81
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Yeah I believe that they do show fan films. John, you just plain old need to be there and I just plain old need to call you! (Sorry, life is "almost" back to "normal".) FYI - I met Erik. We were drinking so he may not remember. Ask him about the fish head. HA!

Actually, I almost called all of you guys last night but then I looked at the clock.
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:57 PM   #82
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

O NO NOT THE FISH HEAD!

Jim
Old July 26th, 2006, 03:07 AM   #83
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSG4ever
Hey Mark,
We could get together and brainstorm some ideas. PM me to compare our schedules. What do you think?

I'd be up for that. We could play some Pyramid and toss around some ideas. I've got a few other locals we could get in on it as well!

I'm pretty swarmed this week but the weekend is looking open. What about you?
Old July 26th, 2006, 05:48 AM   #84
julix
Bad Email Address

Pictures..............Please
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:21 AM   #85
spcglider
Squadron Leader

I have to salvage the time to get back here and read all the posts, but just as a touchstone, it was SUPERB meeting all you guys at the con!

Good news: I got a deal for my comic series, Deep Salvage! Good b-day present!

I'll be back soonly and catch up with all the posts, but I have a gazillion follow-ups to do after the con (and then there's that nasty day-job thing I have to pay attention to).

Talk at all of you soon!

-Gordon
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:58 AM   #86
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Quote:

If it's not going to get us into trouble with somebody, I could supply a limited number of replica kits to sell at the table too. I know I won't be able to make it to the convention, but at least I could send resin parts!

-Gordon
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #87
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Regarding WonderCon:

I am trying to find out pricing for a booth but that has not been announced yet. I probably don't have the space to put people up but I could up find cheap hotels and help with some of the transportation. Also, if anyone has anything to display or sell they could ship it to me and I could schlep it over to the Con.

I believe that the con will be the first weekend in March.

Where are we gonna get a Cylon? Gordon???? What about a Lucifer?

...and where are the %#$* fishhead pics!
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:47 PM   #88
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeAthena
Regarding WonderCon:

I am trying to find out pricing for a booth but that has not been announced yet. I probably don't have the space to put people up but I could up find cheap hotels and help with some of the transportation. Also, if anyone has anything to display or sell they could ship it to me and I could schlep it over to the Con.

I believe that the con will be the first weekend in March.

Where are we gonna get a Cylon? Gordon???? What about a Lucifer?
Sorry babe, can't help you there. Now, if Michael gets the molds prepped for me, I MIGHT have a Lucifer-style head on a post for the display, but I'm waiting on him at this point (no rush M!).

-G
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:29 PM   #89
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Quote:
I'd be up for that. We could play some Pyramid and toss around some ideas. I've got a few other locals we could get in on it as well!

I'm pretty swarmed this week but the weekend is looking open. What about you?
Same here. I'll PM you with my schedule.

Steve

Old July 26th, 2006, 07:37 PM   #90
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

You guys are having too much fun without me. I wish I was still down there.

I walked around the area where WonderCon will be today. I used to work pretty much right there but never thought much about the logistics of the area. I think I could come up with good cheap options for lodging and transportation. Although it wont be right where the con is, but that is actually ok becase of how the area is layed out.

We are all good for that stuff.