Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - In Progress
Notices

Old November 19th, 2009, 08:30 AM   #1
Fretslayer
Bad Email Address

Default BSG-CG3D wip character pics.

Here's an Apollo morph I've been building for the Daz3D Michael 3SR2 figure.

If any of you who own DVDs of the show could make me some good screen caps of the characters I'd be appreciative, the project would move faster and of course you'd be listed in the thank you credits.

I need portrait and profile angles.

There are so few good shots that I could find online that I was forced to use a more recent image of Hatch for this morph. Plus, its built from only a portrait image and as such, things like the nose aren't quite there.

It is my intention to make the character morphs spot on and right now, this one is not there yet. It is still being built so it's not perfect but I wanted to share it anyway with the hope that it might help me get some usable images.

Anyway - here's some of the WIP shots of Apollo.
...Oh, and something else... Once I am finished with the project, the character morphs I use will be released into the community so that anybody else using Carrara, Poser or Daz Studio will be able to use them in their projects.

I've included the image I used for this morph test.

Helmet and jacket by Warrior.
Figure and hair by Daz3D
Character morph by Fretslayer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Apollo-1.jpg (58.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Apollo-2.jpg (68.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Apollo-3.jpg (81.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Apollo-4.jpg (93.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HatchFaceTest.jpg (61.4 KB, 7 views)
Fretslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #2
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: BSG-CG3D wip character pics.

excellent ..

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 12:40 PM   #3
Fretslayer
Bad Email Address

Default Re: BSG-CG3D wip character pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
excellent ..
Thanks, Ger.

Good to see you online and better to know you had a safe trip.
Thanks for the comment.
He's still a bit rough but I'm hoping if the community sees I'm serious about this, it might help me get some better pics.

I'm using Faceshop Pro v.4x to build the morphs.
When I'm done, all the person using the morph will need to do is load up the figure in Poser, apply the morph target to the head and then set the dial to 50% and it'll turn all 'Hatchy'. LOL!

Starbuck and the rest of cast will be along as soon as I can get this one wrapped up. If all goes well then I may also do the morph targets for some of the Poser figures (James, Jessie, Symon and Sidney) but that's a long way away still.

Looking at the images again, Grrrr - the eye morph didn't take.
Fretslayer is offline   Reply With Quote