Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - Finished
Notices

Old October 18th, 2006, 11:55 PM   #91
Viper 1
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX
well i didn't realize there were so many differnt versions of the MKII and after see the work here i'm going to have to buckle down on my models and try a to bring them up to snuff.

Welcome RacerX,
Just to clarify..... everything you have been seeing here are versions of the Mk 1 Viper not the Mk 2.... (although I do refer to the Scarlet Viper as a Mk 2)
The official Mk II Viper is the DeSanto version that was planed for his continuation, and also that BlueSquadron is making available elswhere on these boards.
(and if your into the bastardrization that's on Sci-Fi channel right now...they call that the Mk II as well)
Anyway I have several detail sets for the old Revell/Monogram Viper kit available so contact me if you need anything to spruce up your old models.
Viper 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:07 AM   #92
Viper 1
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason
By the way, i thought the 'Recon Viper' would be Starbuck's Cora "Starchaser" test Viper, with that written in "red" on the left hand side of the Viper with no lasers on it etc?

KJ

Well that Viper, from "The Long Patrol", was just a standard "Starhound" class (that name is just so funny) Viper with the modifications of C.O.R.A. and the extra generators, or turbines or what ever they did to it to eliminate the laser generators.
It was experimental..... My design is more of the practical approach to the design. Like the Navy today....they have two seat TomCats with a pilot and a "Reo", a spotter that handels the techical side of the plane while the pilot is busy doing the flying. It's something that.... like you said KJ.... you could have seen in a second season of Galactica. It would have brought the audience closer to the show by bringing them closer to real life.....(so to speak...with the association to the navy pilots)
That's my bad analogy any way.

And I thank you once again for the cudos on my models.
would you like some more pics???

The Yellow markings put this Recon/Scout Viper in Yellow Squadron on the Galactica. I jus think it makes more sence that if your gonna have different squadrons with different color names...you should have the corisponding markings on the Vipers
(and to tell a little secret..... they would have done that on the original show..if they had had enough money to build enough Vipers, and not just use and reuse stock footage over and over again.)
i will eventually have Vipers from each Squadron of the Galactica..... Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow..... (but I won't be doing Purple and Orange.....since they don't exist...except in Starbuck's mind... )
I will even have Scarlet Vipers from Gray Squadron and Black Squadron from the Battlestar Millennia, which is in a story line that I developed back when DeSanto was in the process of his continuation.
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:59 AM   #93
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper 1
I will even have Scarlet Vipers from Gray Squadron and Black Squadron from the Battlestar Millennia, which is in a story line that I developed back when DeSanto was in the process of his continuation.
Yeah CF's own Titon made a magnificent "Fan Movie" of Battlestar Millenia years ago which is still unfinished as of this day? Hope he gets to finish it one day, Galactica needs all the original fan movies it can put out there!

Quote:
And I thank you once again for the cudos on my models.
would you like some more pics???
Hey not just for little old me, lets see if you can put'em all out there and set a new record? Getting all Galactica fans to drool over their PC's and Mac's keyboards! If you've got any X-Wings and Starfuries from other sci-fi's put'em up as well, seeing your entire portfolio of models would be nice Viper 1! But its your choice of course, i understand if you don't want to share it all however.

Quote:
Anyway I have several detail sets for the old Revell/Monogram Viper kit available so contact me if you need anything to spruce up your old models.
Well since i only have one Revell Viper model right now (gotta build the classic Viper too), i want to wait until the new "kits" come out so i'll have plenty of choices as to what i want to add far as half a dozen different looking Colonial Viper models etc. Get back to me when they're out or i'll pm you and i'll ask you as well too dude! Wouldn't mind building a DeSanto styled Viper as well, if i knew how to for display purposes and all.

A range of different Viper models next to each other would be any Galactica fan's dream come true!

KJ
Old October 19th, 2006, 03:03 PM   #94
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Have always liked these two Viper designs.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...1&postcount=39

http://battlestar.freeservers.com/mygallery3.html

Jim
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 11:55 AM   #95
Viper 1
Warrior

I wouldn't mind trying my hand at making one of those Interceptor Vipers.
Anyone have a really good 4 side view of it? Or just a clear pic of whats on the web?
In the mean time...for KJ and all who may not have seen it on other threads here...here is my standard Viper with all of my accurizing parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Group E 062.jpg (62.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Group E 063.jpg (64.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Group E 061.jpg (67.0 KB, 8 views)
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:18 PM   #96
KJ
Strike Leader

Oh i have...see the other page for the unfinished projects.

Fantastic chief, thanks for putting this up.

If Revell were still selling Vipers models in shops i think this kinda inspiration would've made me raid their stores 5x times over by now?

Quote:
I wouldn't mind trying my hand at making one of those Interceptor Vipers.
Hmm, thought Mike's Vipers were called Assault Vipers?

Interceptors sounds more threatening and "hardcore" though.

Say Viper 1. You should really lend those Vipers to Sept17th for him to film some shots for the 14th Colony BG fan movie he's doing? Actual 3D models filmed just like in the TOS Galactica would made for some detailed realistic looking shots. Surely as a modeler you'd prefer seeing actual models than pure CGI or a combination and mix of both? And you'd have some kinda fame of having your Vipers onscreen.

Honestly if those models of yours need to be filmed, they should be in a least a fan based project. I'd love to see those beautiful Viper models you've done be in a project, so why not ask Sept17th if its at all possible. Second off show your portfolio of models to Revell themselves and tell'em thats how its done.

I seriously can't believe model buildings a dying art. Surely everyone build something at one time or another. I've dooled and messed about sure, but i'm saving my Viper for a serious makeover and building process when i'm into modelling again 100%. And boy, your stuff is damn well inspiring me to do something about it sharp-ish like.

KJ
Old October 21st, 2006, 08:04 PM   #97
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Here's alittle info on the Viper Interceptor. Don't think it will help, but it background on where it's from.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ight=firehouse

Jim
Old October 22nd, 2006, 09:39 AM   #98
Viper 1
Warrior

Thanks there dilbert,
But the links didn't take me anywhere that would help on info on the Interceptor/Assault Viper.
Any other help?
Old December 21st, 2006, 10:18 PM   #99
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcglider
I am pleased to inform that I have been offered a contract with ARCHAIA PRESS (Publishers of the award winning Artesia series and the monumentally successful MOUSEGUARD) for MY comic book series called DEEP SALVAGE. Coming in 2007. Archaia is no fly-by-night company... they are the hottest thing going in the industry these days. Check 'em out. WWW.ASPCOMICS.COM
-Gordon
Any update on this???

Jim
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:11 PM   #100
Emerys
Shuttle Pilot

Lovely work Viper 1 - I've not started mine yet but I'll be using those pics for reference! It looks great!
Emerys is offline   Reply With Quote