Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old April 11th, 2005, 08:06 AM   #1
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default Robots

Did anyone see this?

My 4 yr old begged to go and after her dad and I gardened all weekend, we thought she deserved the treat.

I don't think it's a kid movie in the sense I 'm sure most of the jokes were out in the ozone for her, but she liked the characters and the animation is fascinating. The robot towns are Rube Goldberg devices on steriods and their complexity is stunning. The voice talent suits the animation perfectly also.

We had the least trouble keeping her in her seat that we've had at any movie so far and she didn't spend much of the movie in Mom or Dad's lap for much (essentially 1 scene).

She want's to "collect the robots" now though.

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 12:30 PM   #2
cranky1c
Warrior

I took my son and his friend to see it last weekend. The animation and the art design is really something. Mel Brooks and Robin Williams are pretty funny, too. The boys got most of the jokes, but were more interested in the racing/zooming/crashing/breaking action, of which there is plenty.
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #3
braxiss
Major

took the kids last thursday,yea most of the jokes are for adults, but my 8 and 6 year olds couldn't be pried away from the screen with a crow bar. this one will definatly will be joining my film collection