Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old May 20th, 2003, 08:32 PM   #1
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default Firefly news

from SciFi Wire
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...05/20/11.45.tv

Firefly Film, DVDs Due?

Nathan Fillion, star of Fox's defunct SF western series Firefly, told SCI FI Wire that the show could rise again, both as a movie and as a DVD set. "Right now, our hopes and dreams are pinned on a Firefly movie, which TV can't cancel us out of," Fillion said in an interview at the May 18 Saturn Awards, where he was honored with Cinescape's Face of the Future Award. "We're talking silver screen, wide release, big old deal. So everything's looking very positive, so we're going to keep our fingers crossed."

Series creator Joss Whedon would write and direct the movie, Fillion added.

Meanwhile, Fillion—who played Capt. Mal Reynolds—said that he is completing audio commentaries for a complete DVD set of the Fox series' 15 produced episodes, including three that never aired. "I just finished commentary with Alan Tudyk [Wash] on 'War Stories,' an episode where he and I got tortured. ... And then, Monday, I go in to do audio commentary with Joss Whedon for 'Serenity,' the two-hour pilot."

The DVD will also include on-camera interviews and maybe even some of Fillion's own behind-the-scenes home video and photos. As for the unaired episodes, Fillion said, "My naked ass is in them. In the very last episode. I'll let you know that much. They called me Capt. Tight Pants for some time. And now it's going to be Capt. No Pants for sure." Fillion did not know when the DVD set would come out.

-------
Hi Thomas, hope this is good news

(what IS the Hollywood obsession with naked butts.... they aren't our best attribute. *shakes head*)

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2003, 02:01 AM   #2
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

YIPPPPEY!

That makes my day! Er.. well night since I'm about to go to sleep

But this is very good news! I hope they make it to screen. It was an underated show. A victim of network games more than ratings (which were pretty good and going up).

All the original "inovations" Moore is bragging about such as the documentary look, hand held camera, silence in space, etc were ideas that Firefly already pioneered.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2003, 10:19 AM   #3
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Hand held cameras were also used in the Buffy series finale. NYPD Blue has been using them for the last 10 years. Yep, it'll be 10 years in September since NYPD Blue premiered. I've been hearing that this could be the final season for the men and women of 'Blue.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote