Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > All About Models
Notices
All About Models Information on making models, real or CGI. Tutorials as well.
Requests and questions should be posted here.

Old August 29th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #1
JSC1
Warrior

Default Ship design challenge

Hey everyone. I've got an idea I wanted to run past someone...anyone.

I've been researching mythologies for my fan novel (currently I'm at Welsh) and I found a term that I was able to translate as 'Cywraith'

And I thought 'that would be a cool name for a ship'. Essentially I'm looking at this as a personal attack craft for an IL should one decide to lead a battle. It wouldn't be a ship an IL would fly itself. Two centurions would crew it as with all conventional raiders.

I guess I'm looking for this to be a ship that's to Cylon Raiders the way Darth Vader's TIE Fighter is to conventional TIE's.

So does anyone have any ideas on what a 'Cywraith' would be like? If someone comes with a good design I'll use that design in the book.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #2
Limerickcot
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Ship design challenge

Oh well, I always like a little inspiration. And although I was getting bored of Cylon designs (or is that just exhausted maybe) I gave it a go. Under all of that is a TOS raider, better range, better armour, better maneuverability but same armament:
Limerickcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #3
JSC1
Warrior

Default Re: Ship design challenge

Nice. Kind of reminds me a bit of a manta. But the wings also give it a wraith like quality.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote