Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old April 16th, 2004, 03:22 AM   #91
bsg1fan1975
Major

I will listen to anything but rap and opera and most of the bubble gum music they play today! I grew up in a house where country, 80's and other stuff was played. My personal favorite is the hair bands from the 80's

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 07:54 AM   #92
Rowan
On Vacation...

When I was growing up my dad listened to Jazz, big band (swing) and my mom it was opera. High school which ended in 81 for me introduced me to rock. I did not even know who the Beatles were till John Lennon died! Later I fell in love with blues and most recently (last 10 yrs) country. I like alternative music too and used to go dancing to it all the time like White Zombie or NIN, Green Day, Depeche Mode. I'm not a fan of Reggae, Hip hop or rap for the most part, but there is the occasional song I like. I like some techno stuff too; there isn't much about music I don't enjoy. I love flamenco, African, music from the Andes the list goes on...
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 12:50 PM   #93
bsg1fan1975
Major

I even love stuff from the classic broadway musicals!

Old April 16th, 2004, 03:41 PM   #94
Rowan
On Vacation...

OH YES! me tooooo bsg! I sing songs from musicals all day long... from My Fair Lady, Cats, Singing in the Rain , Oliver Twist, Oklahoma, Company, Show Boat, Porgy and Bess, Carousel, All That Jazz etc.
Old April 16th, 2004, 05:39 PM   #95
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975
I even love stuff from the classic broadway musicals!
I am the very model of a modern major general! :c:

(Of course, I am now no longer able to visualize anyone but Data singing that the way he did in the ST: TNG movie.)

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 10:46 PM   #96
Rowan
On Vacation...

ok so this Tuesday I'm going to try and be brave and go check out the swing dancing place all by myself since I can't seem to find anyone yet whose interested in going...
Old April 19th, 2004, 08:08 AM   #97
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
ok so this Tuesday I'm going to try and be brave and go check out the swing dancing place all by myself since I can't seem to find anyone yet whose interested in going...
You go girl!

I am sure you will find someone there in need of a partner.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

Old April 19th, 2004, 10:27 AM   #98
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
You go girl!

I am sure you will find someone there in need of a partner.
Well I'm hoping that will happen thanks uno!
Old April 19th, 2004, 12:15 PM   #99
bsg1fan1975
Major

dance for me!

Old April 19th, 2004, 12:24 PM   #100
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Boy do I miss dancing. The last time I went I was visiting my sister when she lived in Santa Fe. She worked at an upscale steak house and hung out with a bunch of cowboys from Latin America, so we went to a country bar and two-stepped and salsaed the night away. That was in 2000 (I think), though, so it has been a while. One disadvantage to living in the middle of nowhere, I suppose. But, the view from the deck is worth it!

Old April 19th, 2004, 08:30 PM   #101
Rowan
On Vacation...

ok bsg I will

unowhoandwhy that sounds like an awsome way to spend a night! I understand the view and the deck thing too, I'm both girls inside too!
Old April 20th, 2004, 12:02 PM   #102
doc834
Bad Email Address

I love dancing. It was how I met my wife. I taught her to dance. I mostly do country dancing. But always willing to learn new steps.
doc834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2004, 12:10 PM   #103
Rowan
On Vacation...

Hey doc! I love hearing from guys who like to dance, can't seem to find any in my neck of the woods. Dancing is a passion of mine but it's hard without a partner lol! Very cool that you met your wife that way! I love country muscic and the atmmosphere in a contry bar is so pleasant here in Vancouver, there is usually someone who will ask you to dance with you and they are always very polite and treat you like a lady and know how to guide you accross the floor, I love it!
Old April 20th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #104
bsg1fan1975
Major

i just hope my future hubby doesnt mind getting his feet stepped on the day of our wedding. I haven't slow danced in a while so I may be mostly left footed!

Old April 20th, 2004, 12:30 PM   #105
Rowan
On Vacation...

bsg practice before the big day, create some romantic moments, a glass of wine, candle light, soft music, you in each others arms moving accross the living room floor...
Old April 20th, 2004, 12:59 PM   #106
kitty
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
bsg practice before the big day, create some romantic moments, a glass of wine, candle light, soft music, you in each others arms moving accross the living room floor...
That sounds lovely, but I bet they won't get much dancing done, well not upright anyways.
kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2004, 01:21 PM   #107
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I wouldn't worry. bsg. Dancing is like riding a bicycle (and other less mentionable things), once you have learned how it is very easy to do again, no matter how long it has been!

Old April 20th, 2004, 01:30 PM   #108
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrell
That sounds lovely, but I bet they won't get much dancing done, well not upright anyways.
Why what ever do you mean Sorrell... *batting eyelashes innocently*
Old April 20th, 2004, 01:46 PM   #109
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
I am the very model of a modern major general! :c:

(Of course, I am now no longer able to visualize anyone but Data singing that the way he did in the ST: TNG movie.)
Oh, you haven't lived until you've heard Archibold Asparagus sing it (Veggietales loves Gilbert & Sullivan and tunes from Broadway in general).

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:10 AM   #110
bsg1fan1975
Major

don't worry I do remember how to dance. just a bit worried that my feet will turn into cement blocks

Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:21 AM   #111
Rowan
On Vacation...

well I treated myself to a cd of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and tore up the living room floor last night for a little bit

I discovered there is a place very close to home that offeres courses so I'm terribly tempted
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:22 AM   #112
bsg1fan1975
Major

go for it!

Old April 23rd, 2004, 02:20 PM   #113
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975
go for it!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ok I DID classes start this Sunday and I'm registered to take both East Coast and Lindy Hop
intro to swing, "I'm so excited I just can't hide it I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!"

OMG what was I thinking I haven't taken dance lessons since I was a teenager! ACK!
Old April 23rd, 2004, 04:08 PM   #114
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

That's wonderful, Rowan! I am so jealous! Iwould love to take dancing lessons (I've always wanted to do Scottish dance, actually) but I still need to have more knee surgery.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 04:12 PM   #115
Rowan
On Vacation...

(((((((((unowhoandwhy)))))))))) sorry about the knee. I've always wanted to learn scotish dancing too!
Old April 23rd, 2004, 04:21 PM   #116
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Thanks, Rowan, but knee surgery is a good thing, actually. I've had knee problems for years and 5 different doctors told me five different things (the Army doctor said it was my HIPS that were the problem & I thought I had bursitis in my hips for three years!), so, when I finally found a real surgeon he decided to do orthroscopy to see what was wrong and then FIX it, and now my right knee is 500% better. I just need to get the left one done in October and I will be almost back to normal.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 06:35 PM   #117
Rowan
On Vacation...

well that sounds exciting then unowhoandwhy!

LOL! I have no clue what I'm going to wear, to this thing! I know braxiss says to wear a skirt, but... I don't really have a skirt to dance in they are all those business type skirts that are part of a suit, mmmm it will have to be pants but I don't like the idea of wearing jeans, too restrictive and hot to dance in...going to have to think...
Old April 23rd, 2004, 06:48 PM   #118
braxiss
Major

i recommend shorts and good comfy shoes
Old April 23rd, 2004, 06:50 PM   #119
Rowan
On Vacation...

but braxiss we are just coming from winter I look like a ghost i'ts not a pretty sight! all that white!
Old April 23rd, 2004, 06:51 PM   #120
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Sounds like a good excuse to break open the piggy bank and get yourself something swirly and pretty.