Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old July 10th, 2003, 08:38 PM   #1
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default When this piece of daggit mong flops...

This thread is simple.

1. WHEN this piece of garbage flops, who will those responsible blame for it?

2. Will heads roll at the Sly-Fry Channel?

3. Will it make it harder for us to get the real thing?
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2003, 03:11 PM   #2
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: When this piece of daggit mong flops...

Quote:
Originally posted by Senmut

This thread is simple.
  • 1. WHEN this piece of garbage flops, who will those responsible blame for it?

Those who wrote, produced, directed, and supported it. In this situation, support = corporate support, not fan support.

2. Will heads roll at the Sly-Fry Channel?

Considering the sale of VUE hanging over their heads, I would say "a distinct probability". Bonnie won't be in the first wave but, she won't be far behind.

3. Will it make it harder for us to get the real thing?

My biggest concern about this whole debacle is that when the mini bombs, how bad will it "poison the waters" for anyone else, to do a more thoughtful version of BSG.
I sincerely hope that the folks that actually did the WORK, namely the actors and the artists, will NOT be affected by this. I give them credit for "living their dream" and doing the work that they are so good at. My hope is that IF we are successful in getting a Continuation off the ground that these folks would have an opportunity to contribute their talents there!

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2003, 04:09 PM   #3
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

It depends entirely on who owns Universal and Sci-Fi at the end of the year. If things remain pretty much as they are now nothing will happen. Bonnie and Ron will certainly not claim any responsibility and just blame the fans for the failure. Hopefully though, someone with a little more common sense will be sitting in the big chair by then. If so I'd say we have a decent chance of seeing a real Galactica production again.

-Edward James Olmos
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2003, 07:05 PM   #4
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

I hope the Galactica DVD set sells out in pre-order. Maybe that will show the suits at Universal and Sci-Fi that there is a demand for TOS and a continuation and if the remake goes into the toilet, maybe they'll give DeSanto & Singer another chance. If they're not too busy with X-Men 3 by then. If they are, maybe either Mr. Hatch or Mr. Larson will be given their chance.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2003, 11:55 PM   #5
Senmut
Strike Leader

Given that BH, RDM, and the rest seem to be perrenially brain dead, I don't think sales will mean a thing to them. After all, they are ARTISTS, who know better than we mere mortals down here in the shadow of Mt. Olympos. It will have to be them getting their arrogant astrums FIRED that gets anything moving.
Think the shareholders will see it our way?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2003, 06:47 PM   #6
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I agree with you Bst.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote