Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old October 12th, 2003, 04:37 PM   #361
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

"Colds are miserable things," Dawg says as he joins everyone at the bar, "especially if there are other cares and worries on top of it. Have you tried lemon and honey? Or a shot of Jack Daniels, or Southern Comfort?" Dawg accepts his tankard of ale and smiles at Muffit. "Remember, there are always silver linings when you have friends."

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2003, 05:03 PM   #362
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by bsg1fan1975
thanks all for the prayers. grams will be having quadruple bypass surgery this a.m. I will always cary her memory if she doesn't pull through. I had the worst weekend on record. Kev ended up staying over night in the local hospital where we were while he was on his drill weekend. He's ok. I told everyone they can only get sick one at a time as I can't handle everyone at once!
bsg1,

Sorry for getting here so late, hope all went well with your gram's surgery. My family went through a similar experience nearly 2 years -- my dad had bypass surgery, which originally started as a triple then, after the surgery began, turned into quintuple. He did very well and considering his age, he turned 80 two days after the surgery, he has done well since.

Hoping for good news. You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2003, 06:34 PM   #363
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Muffit smiles and gulps down the tea. Just got a piece of good news, looks like that silver lining is peeking out. The holiday season is looking brighter.

Now all I need is some Halloween candy to go with my tea. I like Milky Way myself. I used to love Baby Ruth and always traded mine for Butterfingers with my older brother after Halloween when we were kids.

Cheers everyone,
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2003, 06:53 PM   #364
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Short Musing

There are some days when it seems like nice people are so hard to find, and the world seems full of the wrong kind. But then you meet that one nice person and it makes it all worth while. I am lucky to have met these few now and again. (And there are so many right here at CF).

To all the kind hearted people in the world, thanks from a silly daggit.

Ok, now where'd I put that Milky Way bar?

Last edited by Muffit; October 14th, 2003 at 07:00 PM..
Old October 14th, 2003, 07:06 PM   #365
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Muffit,

How are you? Feeling better I hope.

About the tea....have you ever tried a cup of hot tea with a cinnamon Jolly Rancher dropped in. A friend of mine told me about this and I thought it sounded good and have wanted to see how it tasted but, alas, never did.....maybe I will now that Fall is upon us and that "other" season will be coming up fast!

Take care,

BST

PS (The beavers are running off with the Milky Way bar!!)
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2003, 05:30 AM   #366
amberstar
Strike Leader

Glad you are feeling better Muffit!
Now you better hurry and catch thoes beavers they were heading in to the launch tube when I saw them. The milky way still looked intact!

Amberstar
Old October 15th, 2003, 04:59 PM   #367
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

has anyone heard from BSG? I wonder how her grams did with the surgery....
Muffit...How are you feeling?

As for me...I got the job I wanted. I'll be happy there. I can only see me leaving if I win the lottery or my book gets published.... and for everyone.
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2003, 05:23 PM   #368
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan Force

Congrats, Em! Things are looking up!

Would you mind if I have a , instead? Lactose, you know....

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Old October 15th, 2003, 05:29 PM   #369
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by emerita
Em walks in and sits at the bar. "I'll have a glass of blue koolaid...... I just got a notice from Sci-Fi that there will be a 12 hour BSG marathon on tomorrow....yeah, right...like we'll be able to watch it. Well, anyway they also have a contest to win the entire DVD collection. "
I watched the marathon which featured the commercials for the DVD release as well as the new mini. I taped the one that aired in February. This marathon featured the episodes with many noticable cuts. On a final note I entered all of the contests.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2003, 06:40 PM   #370
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Well, I hope that you win. Would be fitting for a true fan to win them....we are rooting for you!
Old October 15th, 2003, 06:57 PM   #371
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Congrats Em! Hope all goes great with you!

Good luck in the contests Kingfish!

Old October 19th, 2003, 08:27 AM   #372
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

*sigh*....feeling a little out of sorts today. Wanted to sleep in today but I woke up at 5:30 Got an ache in my right knee that I have to live with and now that we are getting cooler weather, it screams at me alot...I was browsing the BSG forums and catching up on my reading and for some reason I felt so insignificant in this whole process.....*sigh*...I will feel better tomorrow
Old October 19th, 2003, 08:57 AM   #373
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan Force

Em, there are as many days that I feel that way as days I feel pretty good about life. I consider myself very lucky, though, to have a good home, an exceptional spouse (Mrs. Dawg is very understanding and supportive) and a job I enjoy three days out of five.

I'm also feeling pretty good because my DVDs were delivered yesterday, and they are everything I hoped for.

We have a cat who worries if we aren't up by six every morning; he doesn't understand about weekends, I guess. We really didn't want to get up that early today. And now we're about to start chores. *Sigh*

Anyway, buck up, feel better, and remember you've got friends here who will feed you and until you feel better.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

Tombs of Kobol
Old October 19th, 2003, 09:05 AM   #374
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Thanks sweetpea. I do feel better now....I have so much to be thankful for. My own home, a job I love, a book about to be published (hopefully) healthy family, cool weather...so I don't know why I was feeling so low this morning.....helps to have a great place like this to have people to remind you that you aren't alone.......
Old October 19th, 2003, 11:25 AM   #375
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Glad you're feeling better Em. Sometimes I get down about family problems, then I hear about a fatality on the highway to our little town. We get 2 or 3 a year, always fatal. It's then that I feel thankful my spouse is safe who drives it every day.

I woke up at 5:30 today too, must be something in the air. Just tried some Maple and Brown Sugar Mini Wheats, pretty good.

Dawg. you lucky Dawg you . So glad you got your DVDs. Am counting the days to get mine.

Old October 25th, 2003, 07:50 PM   #376
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Gee, it's like a ghost town here. Guess everybody's either at the con or watching their (lucky you) DVDs. Can't even watch Enterprise, 3 yicky episodes and now a rerun. *sigh*

On the bright side, made some Key Lime Pie bars tonight, can't wait for them to get cold.

Helloooooo! Hellooooo! Hellooooo!

Must be an echo in here...
Old October 25th, 2003, 08:20 PM   #377
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan Force

Either that or entertaining grandaughters and trying to keep the old new cat from killing the new new cat (today we picked up a companion for the cat we got 3 weeks ago. He doesn't seem to appreciate it yet).

Truthfully, we haven't seen real claws splayed yet, so we think it will probably be OK.

Missed the &%$& game, too.

Oh, well.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

Tombs of Kobol
Old October 25th, 2003, 09:04 PM   #378
amberstar
Strike Leader

Hello all, I'm here too. Guess we have to keep the home fires burning for thoes who went to sunny CA.
I can't wait to hear what they have to say when they get back!
Old October 26th, 2003, 05:05 AM   #379
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Good morning campers...... I'm here too. Didn't have the funds to go to the Con...*sigh* It is muggy and rainy here today so I guess it is house cleaning for me....lol

Let's just hope that the fans that did go, stay focused on the task at hand and don't lose their cool if a Hammer agitator goes to start trouble...
Old November 2nd, 2003, 10:07 AM   #380
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

This Halloween 2003 turned out disappointingly. For an entire year it has not rained a single drop here. And then Halloween night it poured and thundered, sending all the poor little children scurrying home. The very next day it was perfectly clear.

Mother Nature has a strange sense of humor...
Old November 2nd, 2003, 10:20 AM   #381
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Sorry to hear that. Hear it was a moonlit night and a cool 65 degrees. Of course I spent it alone with 2 fabulous costumes in the closet cause I couldn't get anyone to go out with.....
Old November 2nd, 2003, 10:36 AM   #382
amberstar
Strike Leader

Sorry to hear that Muffit.
I spent the trick or treat night with my son (8yrs) and my oldest nephew (3 yrs.) The weather was good, we didn't even need jackets this year.
The three of us had a great time! I spent the evining in the company of Harry Potter and a very little Darth Vader!

Amber
Old November 2nd, 2003, 10:51 AM   #383
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Em! Sounds like you've got some ghosts in the closet... LOL!!!

Hi Amber! That's cool! I miss having my daughter go out trick or treating. She's 13 now (and looks 16) so all we can do nowadays is see everyone else's costumes. In past years we have had over 200 kids come to the door. Our little town actually ran out of candy!

One thing we forgot to do this year is drive around and see how some people decorate their front lawns (cemetaries, etc). There was one Christmas where a neighbor went all out - at least 10,000 lights! Every square inch of roof, wall, tree and lawn was /covered/ with lights - their house looked like a jewel from a mile away! It was awesome.

Cheers all,
Old November 6th, 2003, 06:24 PM   #384
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi all! Anybody here?

Well, it is with great sadness I finally have to bow out as a fan of Trek/Enterprise. I've been a loyal fan since 1966 and watched every ep of every incarnation, plus all the movies (I saw Voyage Home 10 times at the theatre!). But the changes this season are just too much for me. Archer has been changed from a level headed leader who values his crew's opinions to what's almost a hot headed, impatient, even cruel leader. (Not to say anything bad about Scott Bakula, he's a good actor - he's just playing the part as written). And T'Pol is just Number Six now. I'm still waiting for someone to explain how a creature of an emotionless race can be a show-me-the-skin sex symbol. Sex and violence. It is so far from the principles and dream of an optimistic future laid down by Roddenberry I think he would cry.

Anybody else have feelings on this? This was the only new weekly show I watched - I really don't like much of anything new these days, nothing really good or original like the old days. Well, on the bright side there's always TV Land and AMC! (Hallmark is good too but too many commercials).

The main reason I like Sci Fi is I can watch and dream of a bright future, and Trek used to be that. Or see characters I want to aspire to.

Ooh, I could watch my BSG DVDs on Wednesdays to make up! I love the new footage...

Old November 6th, 2003, 06:39 PM   #385
amberstar
Strike Leader

Hi Muffit!
I haven't watched Star Trek for a long time. I loved the voyage home!! It is my favorite trek movie.
ST TNG was good too, but after that I just couldn't get into the other off springs of the show.

The BSG DVDS were worth the wait and price! I can't stop watching them!!! The extras are amazing and add so much to the storyline. I think they give more depth to the whole show.
I have watched disks 1, 2,& 3 so far.
On disk one I love the chat the three stars have while watching the show. Priceless!
Amber
Old November 6th, 2003, 06:48 PM   #386
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Amber!

Ya know, I thought we would never see these DVDs. I am so happy they are out. The cut scenes are like all new footage of BSG! I'm only up to disk 2, I've been trying to wait for my fam' to watch with me (and beeeeliieeeve me, the waiting is not easy!!! ).

I spend about half the time freeze framing or backing up trying to catch little details I've missed all these years. It's so fun! It's like getting to know the person you've fallen in love with all over again!

Old November 6th, 2003, 07:58 PM   #387
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan Force

Muffit, if you didn't watch last night's Enterprise, you probably missed the best episode of the season. It was a lot Star Trek formula, and borrowed from several other stories, but it was very well written, excellent special effects, and delved into personal areas that have only been skimmed over to date.

Next week, they go to a planet with cowboys.

I'll shake my head sadly when it's canceled, but not because I'll miss it, but for the opportunity lost.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

Tombs of Kobol
Old November 6th, 2003, 10:02 PM   #388
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Dawg! I did watch half of it, but dislked it so much I turned it off. I do not like what the characters have become or the new theme. To me, it's not Trek anymore. Sorry, guess we do disagree in some areas.

Old November 7th, 2003, 06:00 AM   #389
Starbuck
I'm 100% female

I gave up on Star Trek back in 1991. I like TNG, but none of the other spin off series are very appealing to me.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 06:05 PM   #390
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I always liked all the incarnations of star trek because they
followed the SAME formula ...........the actors were talanted and the plot was always well written without an
excess of blood, gore and mindless sex
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote