Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REEL-WORLD CONNECTION > Conventions
Notices
Conventions Non BG Conventions included too!

Old October 7th, 2003, 02:53 PM   #1
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Breaking News: RDM @ Galacticon 6pm Fri.

Ron D. Moore, writer producer of the Battlestar Galactica miniseries, will be having a special panel discussion 6pm Friday night at Galacticon to talk with the fans. Here's your chance to hear what the man has to say and to give him your feedback. [tomatoes will be checked at the door and turned over to the hotel kitchen staff, lol] Do bring your questions, your comments and your passion for Galactica.

Galacticon official opening ceremonies will follow at 7 pm with the Starlight Buffet Reception at 8 pm.

Get your membership or upgrade the one you currently hold:
http://www.galacticonevents.com/memberships/index.html

Jewels
*ducking & covering at the moment*

The site announcement will be up later: there be only 1 of me and I need to make dinner.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2003, 03:20 PM   #2
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Thanks for the update, Jewels!

Got to give Ron credit, he's stumping for votes right up to the end. I can't figure out why he's doing this, though, as he must realize that there is very little that he can tell the TOS fan that is not already known. He would probably have better results handing out flyers on a street corner, and I don't mean that in a rude way, just that he's not likely to have success swaying people at Galacticon, of all places!

Oh well, hopefully he can hear, loud and clear, and see, face-to-face, how we feel about this. I hope he gets an earful, and I hope he actually takes the opinions to heart and reflects on how his effort could have been so much better.

Gawd, I wish I could be there.

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2003, 03:50 PM   #3
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Good snag jewels, Sorry Muffit it is true, your out

Re:
Quote:
[i]Here's your chance to hear what the man has to say and to give him your feedback. [tomatoes will be checked at the door and turned over to the hotel kitchen staff,[/B]
So bring prunes, seens to be the appropriate food item to throw.

Ron D. Moore, David Eicke and some of the cast are on the record here. Barber/Apollo addresses the 'hard core fans', so did the actors have the pro continuation Q&A stuff down, RDM will put them down better than he did on Michael Faries Q&A questions in advance.

One little tidbit RDM had not watched the BSG series back then, and he allready has eight BSG lite series screen plays written, they where posted on the before it was moderated Scifi board. MF has 'em, I've lost my copy.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/trailers/

Including questions on that Ask David Eick link Re: Hatch & other TOS actors about cameo and other roles.

Sort of preview this Q&A and PR stuff so RDM cannot have a 'canned' answer to a question he has heard before, like these RDM has these down, cold.

Why did you choose to make Starbuck a woman?

Will Starbuck and Apollo be romantically involved?

Will any of the original actors or writers be involved?

Why is this called a "reimagining" instead of a "remake"?

Will the new Battlestar: Galactica keep intact the internal mythology and cultural identity of the original? Will it maintain the optimism and "faith" of the original?

I'M SORRY MUFFIT:
Do you intend to have a daggit in the film (a.k.a. Muffit)?

Alas, there will be no Muffit.

Last edited by dvo47p; October 7th, 2003 at 04:02 PM..
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2003, 04:37 PM   #4
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

Question #1:

Why does he and the powers that be assume that every Battlestar Galactica Fan in the world is attached to 70's hair and does he realize that he himself has 70's hair?

Question #2:

If you are going to do a 'reimagining' of a show, isn't it plausible you should know something about the show that you are reimagining? And shouldn't you actually make the new show have the same quality and values as the old show? (Hmm... that was 2 questions but they were related, lol)

Question #3:

Why do you think I should waste even a half-second of my time watching something that clearly isn't Battlestar Galactica, has nothing to do with the show that I love and that I think is a complete rip-off of the name?

I could think of more - I have time <EG>.

--Rhonda
LadyImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2003, 05:23 PM   #5
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

I have watched ST:Generations many times. What was your inspiration for writing the James T Kirk death scene? Kirk dies the first time heroically saving the Enterprise B, latter he dies again for a keypad of all things.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2003, 08:29 PM   #6
Starbuck
I'm 100% female

Question: So Mr. Moore, what really happen between you and Brannon Braga that you left the creative staff of Star Trek: Voyager?
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2003, 05:50 AM   #7
goldcenturian
Shuttle Pilot

Default How about:

Ron,
Other than make this mini a nightmare that Starbuck had while he was marooned on the planet Starbuck before he found a way to escape and returned to the fleet, do you believe there is anything you could say or do that would persuade those of us who loved TOS to watch it?
B-bye now,
Carolyn
goldcenturian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2003, 09:14 PM   #8
Stray Viper
Warrior

Default Mr. Ron

I've never heard of a show like this before. How did you come up with the title "Battlestar Galactica"?

Mr. Moore, would you like to step this way and view "the Second Coming" with the fans?
Old October 9th, 2003, 07:58 AM   #9
PlaidSquadron
Bad Email Address

I find it interesting he will be there on Friday (technically before the COn offically opens)

Having never been to a Galacticon, my question is:

Is Friday a big attendance day? Is Ron "checking a box" by showing up on a day that most fans won't be there?
PlaidSquadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2003, 10:37 AM   #10
jewels

Colonial Fleets

If you want to ask your questions, you'll have to come and talk to the man yourself

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

Old October 9th, 2003, 03:30 PM   #11
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Jewels said nothing about hurling Tomacco MooreRon better duck. Homer Simpson is a genius *Jon poors radioactive waste water on his tomato plants*
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2003, 03:38 PM   #12
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Jon!!
quit being silly!! no projectiles, animal, vegtable, mineral, foam or other substances!
Oy!

Old October 9th, 2003, 06:27 PM   #13
scifitvbooks

I'll have a few Battlestar Companion books on hand if anyone wants to buy them to throw at Ron Moore....(PS Don't tell him you got it from me though).

Yes Friday is probably the day we all

a) arrive and are tired
b) get to see the cast for the first time, therefore not hearing Moore speak
c) listen to Moore because its the slowest event day

If you picked c, i got some earplugs that Dirk lent me.....
Old October 9th, 2003, 06:58 PM   #14
Stray Viper
Warrior

Default Believing one's show to be superior is a sign of a delusional mind.

Let me know if a group of Nomen show up and throw their funky energy ball things at him.
Old October 10th, 2003, 06:03 PM   #15
viperman
Bad Email Address

Default A question remains

Will this be merely a chance for us to listen to Ron Moore, or will he also listen to us for a change?
viperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2003, 06:07 PM   #16
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Hopefully it will be an interchange. A little of both.

Old October 10th, 2003, 06:24 PM   #17
jjrakman

Yes, projectiles would be a bad idea.

However, I have a shiny nickel for each person who moons him.
Old October 10th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #18
Stray Viper
Warrior

Cool You never know.

Heh. He might be impressed and have your bottom make a guest appearance in one of his Six and Baltar episodes.
Old October 10th, 2003, 07:12 PM   #19
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: A question remains

Quote:
Originally posted by viperman
Will this be merely a chance for us to listen to Ron Moore, or will he also listen to us for a change?
Unfortunately, there is probably very little new information that Moore can tell us considering that he's been generally sticking to the, uh......script, as far as releasing info about the mini. (S.S., D.D.)

Regarding Moore 'listening to us', it may provide him with the answers as to why the mini will not do as well as he is hoping. (We've been trying to warn you all along, Ronnie!!)

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2003, 10:27 PM   #20
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

Yes if they didn't hear us by now they never will plus all Ron is going to say is that he hears what we have been saying and understands it but he had to do what he feels is right.

That's like me telling every one that comes to see my band play ( I understand that most of you want to hear a song that we could have learned but we had to learn songs that we feel you should listen to and like better. I don't know how Hollywood works but my band wouldn't be playing any clubs with that attitude.

Can you imagine if I got all the writes to the Eagles name and music, then changed the name of my band to the eagles, re-wrote all the same songs but changed the titles a bit and made them all speed metal tunes that have nothing to do with the original tunes. Would I be paying respect to what came before? I feel stupid even asking that question because of course I wouldn't.

Then if I opened up a web site and had a bboard with original eagle fans on it that have been posting on it for years about how they want the eagles to get back together , then this bboard gets visited by thrash metal fans saying give it a chance. You won't know till you listen and your close minded because you won't listen.

If your an easy listening eagle's fan and you won't listen to a new band with new members playing a type of music you know you hate then your close minded?

I really don't mean any disrespect to those that love thrash metal because I like it and the eagles but I wouldn't give any kind of a chance to a band that would call them selves the eagles and do this to classic songs. I respect the decision of those that would love it or give it a chance but I wouldn't and I would wonder why so many on one bboard were so determined to get me to listen to it when most people don't give a fig newton what others listen to or in Galactica's case, watch.

You see the thing is we are damned if we do and we are damned if we don't because if the fans Boo Ron More, then it will be said that the old die hards are ignorant with no manners and don't deserve nothing because of it.

If the fans say nothing and do nothing, then Bonnie Hammer spin doctors that into support from the Galactica fans at Galacticon. So what do the fans do?

I wish I was going to Galacticon for more reasons then one but If I was I would try to make sure everyone had a big bag of popcorn and have one person stand up and say, Ron you said if your show is not for us then our popcorn is in the other isle, well we have our popcorn and your right. It is in the other Isle and we are sorry but we have to do what we feel is right but no dis-respect because we wish you well.

It's one way to get the point across I guess .

OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2003, 02:19 AM   #21
jjrakman

Seriously though, I really will send out a shiny nickel to each and every participant.
Old October 11th, 2003, 12:08 PM   #22
Stray Viper
Warrior

Default He can listen to silence *crickets*

He is likely bracing himself for some tough questions, and has some prepackaged answers and subtle insults ready to use. He probably has convinced himself that he is right, that the anti-BG2003 fans are few and the majority of the attendees will listen with rapt attention and love every minute of his presentation. He's in for a rude awakening.

You see, they can spin all they want, their new bosses (NBC) won't be fooled. They will see little to no interest in the show, horrible ratings in December, amazingly good DVD sales and tons of letters coming in supporting a continuation and a categorical rejection of Moore's show. They can put it all together.
Old October 11th, 2003, 12:27 PM   #23
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default FORGET MOORE!!!!!

Larson and DeSanto will be there. These are the two that we want if any proper BG movie is to be made. Stick close to them. Ask questions and show support.

"Holla if ya hear me."
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2003, 02:29 PM   #24
Stray Viper
Warrior

Default HOLLA HOLLA!

I hear you kingfish!
Old October 22nd, 2003, 12:58 AM   #25
Last Battlestar
Shuttle Pilot

I want to entrust at least one of you fine people to ask Moore to come and view the BG:TSC trailer. I want an exclusive report on the look on his face when he is in the room with hundreds of cheering and crying fans in a standing ovation! Frack, I'd love to see the look on Richard's face at the same moment!

Tell him the Aussie fanbase sent you. And we don't even get to see the mini series!

Wish I could be there

Mike
Expected Completion Date: UNKNOWN

Apollo: 'Let's go home'
Starbuck: 'Some home. A piece of metal in the middle of nowhere'
Apollo: 'Sure beats just plain nowhere! Let's go in....'

".... I am still trying to get my mind around the dried up armadilo look. The 'gator just seemed to work better." -dvo47p

Last Battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote