which may tickle your fancy!

Old August 9th, 2005, 12:37 AM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Stargate: Still Number One After Nine Years!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...eksratin.shtml

'Ties' ties previous week's ratings
MONDAY - AUGUST 8, 2005

Stargate SG-1 is entrenching itself once again as The SCI FI Channel's highest-rated series. "The Ties That Bind" topped the ratings charts for the network on Friday, August 5, staying within just one-tenth of a ratings point from the season premiere.

The episode earned a 2.0 average household rating at 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific, staying even with the previous week's episode. More than 2.4 million viewers tuned in to the fourth episode of SG-1's ninth season.

Stargate Atlantis followed at 9 p.m. with "Duet." The episode earned a 1.9 household rating, down one-tenth of a point from last week and two-tenths from the season premiere.

Battlestar Galactica rounded out the night in the 10 p.m. timeslot, with "Resistance" also earning a 1.9 rating. This is down one-tenth of a point from the previous week, and a new low-mark for the hit show.

The shows earned 1.2 (+9%), 0.9 (even), and 0.7 (even) ratings, respectively, for the late-night reruns of the same episodes.

Meanwhile, the third episode of Firefly earned a 1.1 household rating outside of primetime at 7 p.m., down one-tenth of a point from the previous week.

All-new episodes of Stargate continue this Friday at 8 p.m. on The SCI FI Channel!
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2005, 07:19 AM   #2
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Peter -

I must say that I was a bit hesitant regarding the changes to SG-1 this season, but they really have manage to inject new life into the show. New characters, new aliens and a new story style that really makes the show fun to watch.

I know that some say that the show is sillier than previous years, but I enjoy it. There are too many SciFi shows that are so serious - I think that the way SG-1 is progressing this season is a great start. Just think, this show is supposed to be gone already....but here it is, the number 1 Sci Fi show on Skiffy after 9 years have passed. Most shows are running out of ideas at this point, but SG-1 keeps reinvigorating and reinventing itself.

I hope that this show is around for a long time to come!

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2005, 08:30 PM   #3
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

I seem to remember a comment by the writers during one of the promotional shows that said something to the effect that they will keep cranking out the show as long as it is fun for the team, they still have ideas, and still have an audience.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 01:25 PM   #4
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
I hope that this show is around for a long time to come!
I agree with that statement 100%. Stargate is just awesome and I hope there is Stargate for a long time. I just love it and can't get enough of it.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 09:19 AM   #5
TopGun
Strike Leader

I also agree
Old December 8th, 2005, 09:08 PM   #6
Slovman
Shuttle Pilot

It was recently renewed for its 10th season. I still think the absence of Jack takes a bit away from it, but it's still damn good TV.
Slovman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #7
nono93
Shuttle Pilot

for me the best saison was the 1 . and with the abscence of jack in 9 and 10 season their are are not interested
nono93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2006, 04:12 PM   #8
Redeyes
Shuttle Pilot

SG1 Really was the only good scifi on TV until BSG came on, if I had to pick or the other, well, I'm glad I don't! I find I am watching Surface though. Might turn into something yet.
Redeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 05:01 AM   #9
TopGun
Strike Leader

Vala is cool
Old April 1st, 2006, 01:17 PM   #10
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Stargate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono93
and with the abscence of jack in 9 and 10 season their are are not interested
Richard Dean Anderson "Jack" will be back for some episodes on Season 10 and will do a cameo also in Season 3 of Atlantis. Is not all the time but something is better than nothing.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #11
Unimatrix
Bad Email Address

They would have been smart to have ended the show after the Gaould had been defeated and possibily shifted characters to Atlantis (such as Shanks).

That being said, while SG-1 isn't what it used to be, it is still one of the more entertaining shows on and one of the fewer generally family friendly shows as well.
Unimatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 05:15 PM   #12
Razvan
Bad Email Address

No matter the characters the show's main attraction is it's story line. The characters have been modeled acording to it and not the other way around so no matter what changes they will make in the show's main characters it will still be great.
Razvan is offline   Reply With Quote