Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 20th, 2009, 04:29 AM   #841
spiderr987
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

I'm not buying into anything that Praise Moore/anti-Larson media has to INSINUATE about the real Battlestar Galactica movie being made. I'm heading steady until I hear something concrete. I've been through too much, with this franchise to do otherwise. I am battle weathered and tough. Nothing to see here, folks. ...not, yet. Carry on...
spiderr987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 06:24 AM   #842
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith21 View Post
Has DeSanto bailed out on this project.
Nowhere has it been said that he's even attached to this project.

Quote:
I completely understand that some of us are burned out fighting for this. Its entertainment and when it ceases to be fun what is the point? If I were in that position I would simply want to wish those with some fight still in them the best of luck and to stay focused on what they want to see in this film and not what ignorant felgercarb the naysayers might be throwing around.
Over the years, I've come to know how the film business actually works. Foremost it's a business, emotion doesn't come into it, it's all about the cash. Just because a film is announced, it may take years and years for it to be made, or it may not get made at all.

Fans of any persuasion have no bearing on the decisions made by film executives, unless, maybe, their fanbase is large enough to guarantee 'X' amount of profit for 'Y' amount of budget. The exceptions might be the Star Trek and Star Wars fanbases.

Has for fighting, Battlestar Galactica really isn't worth fighting about, the challenges of real life are worth fighting about, not some TV show.

I''m not interested in wasting my money on fan BG campaigns or petitions because I know from first-hand experience they don't work.

The joy I get out of BG, these days is collecting photos and articles on the show, David Kerin's fan productions, the articles on Galactica.tv, well done CG art and the physical model recreations at Resin Illuminati.

I still believe that one day there will be a Battlestar Galactica film and at some point another TV series, but not two years from now, maybe five to 10 years.
Old December 20th, 2009, 08:07 AM   #843
starbucko
Shuttle Pilot

I don't understand where the idea that the movie is gone has come from either. These are just a sample of articles I've found and they all still have Singer attached/connected/whatever you want to call it to Battlestar.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/12/18...r-first-class/

http://www.collider.com/2009/12/18/b...n-first-class/

As a newbie, I must say it's no wonder I've found this fandom so confusing - one sentence in one article and the whole fandom explodes in suppositions and assumptions and rumor (treating all as *fact* for some reason) - and then either lands at the Gates of Glory or in the Pits of Hell.

So Singer's got more than one movie to be working on. Doesn't mean it's time to pull out the sackcloth and ashes - or the war paint. Only means he'll be a busy boy.
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #844
spiderr987
Shuttle Pilot

My point, exactly. Come on, people. You know the drill. This is nothing but the media insinuating something... We all know there are certain parties in the media, there all up SyFy's butt.
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #845
KJ
Strike Leader

Look, i don't want nor like sounding negative on the Galactica movie issue. But the last time we had a revival going and Singer was asked to step away by 20th Century Fox to go prep X2 in early 2002, where exactly did all the hoping for the BG revival circa 2001-02 lead us after he walked away.

To April 2002 where syfy made an announcement we all didn't like, fans of the series and casual sci-fi folks alike.

So i hope that point is made crystal clear because of previous experiences we have together and not cos of some recent mere news thats cropped up out of the wood work! I've always been too passionate for my own good, but i've got a lot of good common sense people. Like its been said on here before. Fanbase is always going to have BG; fan movies, fan edits, fanfiction, CGI mesh projects, audio dramas etc etc.

If the Galactica movie not coming out past 2011 or 2012 i've got plenty of fantasy/sci-fi fictional TV/film projects i'm truly interested in, that i'd personally like to see happen. If Universal can't be arsed for 32 plus years to get it right and work out they have a "sleeping Juggernaut" constantly drugged in their basement, its their loss.

But life goes on (sadly without a BG revial of anykind?).

KJ.

P.S. (*For laughs*) A particular sequel, lol.

Sleeping Giant: Ugh, whats going on...

(Bryan Singer steps into hospital room)

Singer: Ya know. When i think about it old buddy. Fox's recent visits have opened my eyes.

Sleeping Giant: Ugh....hmmm huh, to what?

Singer: That a) Marvel and Fox made me another offer to do the X-Men, with full quality control, final cut EVERYTHING. And b) Nothing's more important than the almighty dollar! And that money talks

Sleeping Giant: ("shock horror") What!!!

(Singer drugs his old friend)

Sleeping Giant:Nooooooooo...! Zzzzzzzzzz!

(Doctor passes by hospital wing)

Doctor: Huh..........Not again! Hey HEY wake up. nurse get help, i've gotta keep him awake again. Err... hmmm lets see (holds giant's hand) who starred in the Christmas movie 'Fred Claus'.

Sleeping Giant: ugh......A bearded Lorne, (passes out) Greeneeee....Zzzzzzz!

Old December 20th, 2009, 10:12 AM   #846
spiderr987
Shuttle Pilot

Of course, our fandom can always use some humor.
Old December 20th, 2009, 11:07 AM   #847
Athene
Galactica's Princess

I too am holding steadfast and steady until I see something concrete.
And certainly not by one sentence in one article...that is NOT enough to convince this long time fan of the original BSG series that a movie won't be made...I wanna see fact and there isn't any yet that the movie won't be made...NONE
Many directors work on more than one movie at a time...it's been done...
and who's to say that Singer won't be able to do it...
He'll just be very, very busy...

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #848
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

I fully concur with Peter. He said it as clearly as anyone could.

All my best,

Russell
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #849
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon View Post
I fully concur with Peter. He said it as clearly as anyone could.

All my best,

Russell
Fully agreed.

Hey, Russell, my good friend.

Happy Holidays to you and to everyone here, whatever you celebrate during this season.
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:25 AM   #850
monolith21
Squadron Leader

The apathy just seems a bit negative I guess. I love this board, and truthfully...as much as you can love people you only know through words...I love you guys.

I do fight for Battlestar Galactica. Is it the same type of fighting I do for the kids I work with? Of course not. Its a completely different beast. Of course studios don't listen to fans. I've learned quite a bit about the entertainment industry as well. The attitude I take is this. You don't fight city hall head on. What you do is rally people. You make "them" want to change their mind.

We won't inspire anyone with apathy disguised as being realistic. Nothing says we have to inspire people...that is true.

It just seems like a good idea to me.

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:15 AM   #851
Athene
Galactica's Princess

I'm still not convinced that a movie isn't going to be made...not at all...
Here's another site with respect to Battlestar Galactica 2011 movie...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1383701/
Until I see it in print...that the movie's not going to be made...and it's fact...then I'll believe it...so far I haven't...not anywhere...
I've got my calendar marked for 2011...
'nuff said...

Battlestar Earth admin
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:20 AM   #852
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderr987 View Post
My point, exactly. Come on, people. You know the drill. This is nothing but the media insinuating something... We all know there are certain parties in the media, there all up SyFy's butt.
I wholeheartedly agree.
There is quite a difference between insinuation and fact...

Battlestar Earth admin
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:22 AM   #853
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Here's also another site...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles...2010.2F2011.29

Battlestar Earth admin
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM   #854
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
The apathy just seems a bit negative I guess. I love this board, and truthfully...as much as you can love people you only know through words...I love you guys.

I do fight for Battlestar Galactica. Is it the same type of fighting I do for the kids I work with? Of course not. Its a completely different beast. Of course studios don't listen to fans. I've learned quite a bit about the entertainment industry as well. The attitude I take is this. You don't fight city hall head on. What you do is rally people. You make "them" want to change their mind.

We won't inspire anyone with apathy disguised as being realistic. Nothing says we have to inspire people...that is true.

It just seems like a good idea to me.

Monolith,

Thanks for the kind words.

It's not apathy so much as it's that unpleasant feeling you have when you've just gotten off a roller-coaster that wasn't kind to you. We've been on a rather tortuous roller-coaster the last 7 years and this is just one more time where we've found that some of the track is missing.

Hopefully, it's a small amount of track that's missing and it can be repaired.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 07:33 PM   #855
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Steve,

Hello my friend. I hope things are going good for you in N'awlins!

I'm packing up and heading out to Afghanistan in the next few weeks. Gonna rush off with the surge and see if I can save some kids in the process. I do get Christmas here but will likely celebrate next year in some very high and cold mountains.

Hopefully there will be some better Galactica news when I return or if not, hopefully Caprica will have developed into something cool. I liked the pilot and only wish it wasn't attached to GINO but I like Jane as a writer and perhaps some good will come of that.

For the Singer (maybe not Singer) movie, I'm a "whatever will be will be" sort of guy. I'm reading where that's apathy but I see if as not pretending that I'm more important to the studios than I know I am. I think they want to sell GINO stuff but perhaps they are looking at getting a new, larger audience and if they can come up with a formula that grabs everyone, only good can come of that.

If you're still around in LA in 2011 then I will probably drag the (then wife) to see you guys and buy you a good dinner. I'd greatly enjoy the pleasure of your company for an evening.

All the best my friend.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else,

Russell
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:29 PM   #856
spiderr987
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
I think they want to sell GINO stuff but perhaps they are looking at getting a new, larger audience and if they can come up with a formula that grabs everyone, only good can come of that.
Yeah, and I think the obvious choice was TOS BSG to them. Larson produced Battlestar Galactica in the same vein as STAR WARS, even using Dystra to do the effects. ...and look how tickets, dvds and merchandise has been sold via that property.
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:25 PM   #857
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

Apparently Singer has concluded discussing a deal for Battlestar Galactica and is looking for a writer for the movie according to the Yahoo 7 news service

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/enterta...holiday-plans/
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:40 AM   #858
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Steve,

Hello my friend. I hope things are going good for you in N'awlins!

I'm packing up and heading out to Afghanistan in the next few weeks. Gonna rush off with the surge and see if I can save some kids in the process. I do get Christmas here but will likely celebrate next year in some very high and cold mountains.

Hopefully there will be some better Galactica news when I return or if not, hopefully Caprica will have developed into something cool. I liked the pilot and only wish it wasn't attached to GINO but I like Jane as a writer and perhaps some good will come of that.

For the Singer (maybe not Singer) movie, I'm a "whatever will be will be" sort of guy. I'm reading where that's apathy but I see if as not pretending that I'm more important to the studios than I know I am. I think they want to sell GINO stuff but perhaps they are looking at getting a new, larger audience and if they can come up with a formula that grabs everyone, only good can come of that.

If you're still around in LA in 2011 then I will probably drag the (then wife) to see you guys and buy you a good dinner. I'd greatly enjoy the pleasure of your company for an evening.

All the best my friend.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else,

Russell
Russell,

Please stay safe, and do good works over there, my friend.

All the best to you and yours,

Steve
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:47 AM   #859
spiderr987
Shuttle Pilot

...yeah, Russell. I have several friends in the military and have just returned from tours over there and/or about to head out. Stay safe!
Old December 22nd, 2009, 04:28 AM   #860
KJ
Strike Leader

Thats a neat link with new info Aussie Warrior, thank you for putting it up.

Hmm? Out of all tha news, kinda wish Bryan Singer were asked if he'd do a Superman Returns Extended cut on Blu-Ray & DVD. Something that'll release all the footage and show what the story would've really been like with the 'Return To Krypton' sequences restored and plenty other cut scenes he left out of the story as it was scripted.

On the Battlestar news. Hope that little tipbit gets out to other websites at least. Any news of the Galactica movie at this point, which is positive is a good thing and might lead to relieving some fans out there besides us lot, lol.

For: The TwoBrainedCylon.

Merry Christmas Sandy and take care of yourself.

Nice to know your driven by other things besides chinwaging with us about fandom discussion, and real life concerns and issues take heart. And you got other interests. But please be careful, the conflict out there seems to be neverending and the constant news being given to us about the bleak situations out there is always in the headlines, nothing compared to being out there in person i know.

Not as if you haven't done this before but still be careful and be constantly aware and alert of your surroundings, your things, other people etc in another country which is currently a warzone hazzard. Do what you have to but don't get sentimental or drop your guard. News of British and Amercian troops getting killing in this war or crisis/conflict whatever you want to call it, is really getting depressing to hear about on the news.

Be safe and stay safe.

Laters

KJ
Old December 22nd, 2009, 04:58 AM   #861
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Warrior View Post
Apparently Singer has concluded discussing a deal for Battlestar Galactica and is looking for a writer for the movie according to the Yahoo 7 news service

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/enterta...holiday-plans/
That's the first direct quote after all these months.

The only deal that isn't firmed up is the Excalibur one and two projects have scripts, Jack The Giant Killer and X-Men First Class, which is a second draft as Josh Schwartz, co-creator of Chuck had done a draft previously.

Jack is in pre-vis and is the furthest along, with X-Men next, and at the moment Galactica is third with Excalibur holding up the rear.

No decision can be made to greenlight a BG movie until a script is written that is acceptable to all concerned and they can cost it up. So, at the moment events are in motion but we're looking at least 2013, 2014 for a BG movie to be released (IF all goes well).
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:19 AM   #862
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Warrior
Apparently Singer has concluded discussing a deal for Battlestar Galactica and is looking for a writer
Come on Eric Paddon? This is your chance, this is what your calling is...

Seriously though. One wonders who's got the writing chops to truly do an all-new version of BG with the themes and influences from the classic TV series, yet update and somewhat "reboot" the mythologies of Galactica outright for the big screen. Or at least put some 'spin' on the original conceptualised works of Larson and Stevens (?), and introduce all new ones?!

Not an easy task when you look at it.

KJ
Old December 23rd, 2009, 01:27 AM   #863
spiderr987
Shuttle Pilot

Larry Kasdan of EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!! He's currently working on ROBOTECH THE BIG CHILL REMAKE and THE RISK POOL.
Old December 24th, 2009, 02:00 AM   #864
KJ
Strike Leader

Look, all i really want to know is.....

When its closer to actual production on the movie, which one of you, or to be more pacific. How many of you will be dawning the 'nurses' uniforms for the various auditions and casting call?

Come on, i want a show of hands.

Hey, its Christmas Eve, time to lighten up! We'll talk more seriously when more news develops and is released. But for now. Happy holidays people.

KJ
Old December 24th, 2009, 02:28 AM   #865
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post

When its closer to actual production on the movie, which one of you, or to be more pacific. How many of you will be dawning the 'nurses' uniforms for the various auditions and casting call?

Hey, its Christmas Eve, time to lighten up! We'll talk more seriously when more news develops and is released. But for now. Happy holidays people.

KJ
Okay I'll do it.

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

-Albert Einstein
Old December 24th, 2009, 03:39 AM   #866
spiderr987
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:

KJ
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, KJ!
Old December 24th, 2009, 07:05 AM   #867
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

Quote:
Oooo, count me in...so should I go in a traditional uniform or Fredricks of Hollywood style? White comfortable nurse shoes or sleezy high heels and fish net stockings

Monolith, we need to coordinate, I don't want us showing up in the same outfit...
Galactica the Movie is coming soon!
Kronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #868
monolith21
Squadron Leader

That would be bad. How would they tell us apart?

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

-Albert Einstein
Old December 29th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #869
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

Oh wait I know, you have a beard!

DOH! Wait a minute...I'm growing mine again for the February convention...oh I know, I'm taller! LOL!

I know, I can wear the low heels (2 to 3 inch) and you can break out the elevators!

Ah forget it...they will just have to see two of us wearing the same thing.
Galactica the Movie is coming soon!
Kronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #870
monolith21
Squadron Leader

You had to go and bring up the height thing didn't you! I knew it. You're being taller than me on purpose.

As for the writer, I hope Singer sticks with David Hayter. After seeing Watchmen, that man absolutely knows how to be true to source material. Regardless of whether one liked Watchmen or not, he was pretty dead on. He even made the few changes made in the adaptation feel very in universe.

Singer usually goes to Hayter for his films. I think that unless the studio insists otherwise, he'll be the one to write it. I am all for it!

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

-Albert Einstein