Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 3rd, 2003, 09:01 AM   #1
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Default Galactica 1980 Returns to Sci-Fi Channel

I was just checking the schedule at Sci Fi and was stunned to see that Galactica 1980 showed up in my search. And I don't just mean the "Return of Starbuck" episode later this month. They'll also be having a couple of those 5-hour marathons for G: 80 in late March. I'd guess they'll be showing all ten episodes over the course of those two marathons. I know this series stank, but I haven't seen it since 1980, so I'll be watching. Bad memories need to be refreshed, too.

Another series I haven't seen for over twenty years, Buck Rogers, will be having mini marathons in February and March. Another not-so-classic series that nevertheless I'll have to check out for nostalgia value, if nothing else.

I've had the Sci-Fi Channel for about four years now, and it finally seems to be paying off.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2003, 12:31 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default I just don't think this is coincidental

I think they are trying to woo us back, all these schedulings became public after the reviews and the boycott talk started happening.

One way or another. It will be interesting to see if G-80 was as bad as memory serves.... Oh, yeah: they never told us what happened to Apollo -- BAD. Marooned Starbuck -- equally BAD. Maybe my memory isn't that bad, after all
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2003, 12:34 PM   #3
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

GALACTICA 1980! WHOO HOO!

Wait a minute...I'm stuck in dear old Blighty!

Bugger!

Peter
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2003, 02:07 PM   #4
SS1

Default This is not Good

I think we should fight this.

For some reason I think that this is a ploy by Bonnie Hammer. She wants to show the Sci-Fi viewers the bad side of Galactica to justify her cause for not doing a continuation.

I do not like this at all
Old February 4th, 2003, 12:28 AM   #5
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Not Galactica related, but I hope they start airing The Six Million Dollar Man & The Bionic Woman again.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2003, 08:50 AM   #6
DaveC001
Shuttle Pilot

We can do that. We don't even need a reason.
DaveC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2003, 02:25 PM   #7
SSurfer7425

Buck Rogers was good in a fun dont-take-me-serious sort of way.