Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - Finished
Notices

Old March 26th, 2014, 04:24 PM   #1
Rhaven Blaack
Warrior

Default Colonial Viper MK-II Diorama

OK, I know and FULLY UNDERSTAND that this website is (for the most part) for the TOS BSG. However, I have something from the TNS BSG that I think all will like.

Recently, I made a diorama of a Viper MK-II (the scale is about 1:50) that shows all of the internal components and various mechanics working on it. Yes, everything is paper (and yes, you can download everything off the internet for free).
Here are the photos of the final diorama.

IMAG3483.jpg IMAG3484.jpg IMAG3485.jpg IMAG3486.jpg IMAG3487.jpg IMAG3488.jpg IMAG3489.jpg
The Viper can be found at http://uhu02.way-nifty.com/
Most of the different components (the laptops, the computer diagnostic system, the table and chair, the tool chests, the gas tank and fire extinguishers) can be found at http://www.epson.jp/sponsor/nakajima/craft/
The mule tractor can be found at Zealot in the RESOURCE Section.
The figurines can be found at http://tcfgaming.com/
(*NOTE* I did repaint them to look like the mechanics on BSG. THESE ARE NOT AVAILABLE AS THEY ARE IN THE DIORAMA!).

If you would like to see the build thread, you can see it here: The UHU02 Colonial Viper appreciation thread | Zealot

ENJOY!!!

Last edited by Rhaven Blaack; June 9th, 2014 at 01:06 PM..
Rhaven Blaack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2014, 05:32 PM   #2
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: Colonial Viper MK-II Diorama

Excellent. In the stripped-down state, it is hard to tell from a TOS Viper. With a bit of tweaking, it could become one easily.
Question...has anyone ever done any CGI or diorama of Croad's fighter, from Proteus? Be nice to have a look into that era fighter.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2014, 10:58 PM   #3
Amon Ra
Shuttle Pilot

I'm surprised you got past the ridiculous password riddle to get any models from way-nifty.com.

I've been trying for a while, but I don't know what the heck I'm supposed to do or even what I'm supposed to be looking for, and if you ask for help of ANY kind of help at all people get all weird about it so I said screw it - I don't want a lousy paper model bad enough to put up with the attitude.

But cool diorama.
Amon Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2014, 11:11 PM   #4
Senmut
Strike Leader

Is there a Cylon version?
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Old March 27th, 2014, 12:52 AM   #5
Rhaven Blaack
Warrior

@ Senmut, Are you referring to this Viper (which is often referred to as the Sixth Millennium Viper)?

colonial_scorpion_fighter_by_cotterill-d4m0wye.png
There is another designer that is planning on making a paper model of this fighter (but it will be quite some time before he is able to get to it though).

Unfortunately, there is not a Cylon version (yet). I do not know if UHU02 has it is the queue of things to make.

@ Amon Ra, Yes it is true that UHU02's work is highly protected. This is something that he wanted. He has had problems with pirates and people claiming credit for his work. Not only that, but his models are some of the most sot after on the net.
Yes, it is a rule that one CAN NOT ask for (or distribute) the log-in and password information in open forum. Members caught doing such will be banned from the forum (especially if that member is passing out the information).
This information is very easy to find. All you have to do is go to the UHU02 Appreciation thread (http://www.zealot.com/threads/the-uh...thread.168265/) and thoroughly read through it and you will find what it is that you are looking for (of course, you have to be a member of the forum as well).
I (for one) am terrible at finding these sort of things, but I was able to do it. So if I can do it, so can you. Yes, I was able to find this information BEFORE I was the site administrator.
You just have to read the thread and pay attention.

Not only that, but if you follow his website, you will see that he will leave the model that he is currently working on available for all to download for a certain amount of time before he locks it in the library.

I am sorry to hear that you think that paper models are lousy (what a shame). You are really missing out on a WONDERFUL side of model building that is VERY ENJOYABLE and GREATLY UNDER-RATED.
I have always found paper models far more CHALLENGING and ENJOYABLE to make than plastic models. Not only that, but there are a GREAT DEAL MORE paper models available than there are plastic. There are many paper models that you can not even find in plastic (or any other medium for that matter).
The really cool thing is that most of them are free.

Last edited by Rhaven Blaack; March 27th, 2014 at 01:38 AM..
Old March 27th, 2014, 03:56 AM   #6
gmd3d
Major

Smallworld built a model of Croad's fighter and in the downloads area.. I have not seen it appear in any render yet, at least as far as I know

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 08:27 AM   #7
Senmut
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
@ Senmut, Are you referring to this Viper (which is often referred to as the Sixth Millennium Viper)?

Attachment 6076
Yup. That be it. Looks cool.
Old March 27th, 2014, 09:21 AM   #8
Amon Ra
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post

Attachment 6076
There is another designer that is planning on making a paper model of this fighter (but it will be quite some time before he is able to get to it though).

Unfortunately, there is not a Cylon version (yet). I do not know if UHU02 has it is the queue of things to make.

@ Amon Ra, Yes it is true that UHU02's work is highly protected. This is something that he wanted. He has had problems with pirates and people claiming credit for his work. Not only that, but his models are some of the most sot after on the net.
Yes, it is a rule that one CAN NOT ask for (or distribute) the log-in and password information in open forum. Members caught doing such will be banned from the forum (especially if that member is passing out the information).
This information is very easy to find. All you have to do is go to the UHU02 Appreciation thread (http://www.zealot.com/threads/the-uh...thread.168265/) and thoroughly read through it and you will find what it is that you are looking for (of course, you have to be a member of the forum as well).
I (for one) am terrible at finding these sort of things, but I was able to do it. So if I can do it, so can you. Yes, I was able to find this information BEFORE I was the site administrator.
You just have to read the thread and pay attention.

Not only that, but if you follow his website, you will see that he will leave the model that he is currently working on available for all to download for a certain amount of time before he locks it in the library.

I am sorry to hear that you think that paper models are lousy (what a shame). You are really missing out on a WONDERFUL side of model building that is VERY ENJOYABLE and GREATLY UNDER-RATED.
I have always found paper models far more CHALLENGING and ENJOYABLE to make than plastic models. Not only that, but there are a GREAT DEAL MORE paper models available than there are plastic. There are many paper models that you can not even find in plastic (or any other medium for that matter).
The really cool thing is that most of them are free.
I love paper models, but I don't like being given an attitude for asking for help because I didn't kow where to start. All I wanted to know was if I was supposed to looking for a picture, a posting, or both.

As for the zealot website, I did register there, but I probably won't be back since it was one of the mods who gave me the attitude in a snotty email which basically said everything I needed to know was on his site and to not ask for any more help and to reply if I understood, which I never did.

As far as I'm concerned the uhu dude can keep his models, plenty more to be built elsewhere. My advice to him though is this: if you're that worried about your models being stolen, then you should probably just keep them to yourself and not post them on the internet for all the world to see because eventually somebody, somewhere WILL steal them - it's human nature.

And it's not even him that was rude, it's all these other people that think their his personal mouthpieces or something. Apparently these people assume that we're all out to steal the models.

Sorry about the rant, but they are, in the end, just paper models.
Amon Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #9
Rhaven Blaack
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut View Post
Yup. That be it. Looks cool.
It does indeed look cool. There have been a few plastic models (that were scratch built) of this Viper, but (to my knowledge) there has never been a production model (plastic or paper for that matter) released to the public.
Old March 27th, 2014, 02:54 PM   #10
Senmut
Strike Leader

In close-up, the fine print says "Scorpion", not Viper. A confusion of names, perhaps?
Old March 28th, 2014, 12:06 AM   #11
Rhaven Blaack
Warrior

Quote:
In close-up, the fine print says "Scorpion", not Viper. A confusion of names, perhaps?
Oddly enough, according to http://www.shipschematics.net, this fighter is (in fact) listed a the "Scorpion" instead of "Viper".
Look here: http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/im...orpion_mk1.jpg

I guess it is (indeed) a confusion in names; as most people (automatically) call most fighters from BSG "Vipers".

Regardless of what it is called, it is still a good looking plane (and one that I am eagerly looking forward to building out of paper).
Old March 28th, 2014, 12:25 AM   #12
Senmut
Strike Leader

Must have cannabalized alot of stuff to keep the last one going for all those yahrens.
Old March 28th, 2014, 12:45 AM   #13
Rhaven Blaack
Warrior

Quote:
Must have cannabalized alot of stuff to keep the last one going for all those yahrens.
I would have to agree with you on that one, but then again it is a simple enough fighter, that doing such would not be that much of a problem (for the most part).
Old March 28th, 2014, 08:30 PM   #14
Senmut
Strike Leader

Well, Assault 9 says they have been brewing ambrosia for 700 yahrens, and it's been a long time since a Colonial freighter landed there. No new deliveries of anything. To keep even one ship flying after all that time, they must have been cannabalizing what was once a small squadron. I would imagine a machine shop, and some source of tylium. Even so, they were down to the last flyable ship by the time the Fleet got there.
Old June 9th, 2014, 01:10 PM   #15
Rhaven Blaack
Warrior

In showing appreciation to (and thanking) uhu02 for for this wonderful model.
I was at a paper model expo this weekend (06/06 - 06/08 2014). I had entered this diorama.
I won the award for "Best in category" "Dioramas".
I would also like to thank; silveroxide for the service mule, Tirick for the figurines, Revell-Fan for one of the cabinets, and Japanese Epson paper crafts for the pit-crew equipment.
Thank you everyone for such WONDERFUL models!!!

IMAG3955.jpg

Last edited by Rhaven Blaack; June 18th, 2014 at 02:18 PM..