Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REEL-WORLD CONNECTION > Merchandise & Memorabilia
Notices

Old May 15th, 2005, 05:06 PM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default 2004 and 2005 merchandise

I have been reading on the various BG message boards about the different companies that have been putting out different types of merchandise in the past two years based upon the original series. Do any of you have a complete listing of these, or could we start compiling one?
This is what I am looking for:
1. The types of merchandise (comics, toy ships, models, action figures--heaven forbid we call them dolls--anything else)
2. Which company/ies made them
3. When they were released/when they will be released
4. Where you can find them, both the website addresses of the companies or of stores that carry them, or the names of actual American chain stores that carry them on the shelves.
Mary
P.S. The reason I am asking is that, despite the fact that I live in a fairly large city that usually gets collectible merchandise, I have found only one item of all of the stuff that's been mentioned: The Joyride Cylon Raider at a Suncoast Video Store, and it was the only BG item out of five Suncoasts in the area! I've had a graphic novel by Roger McKenzie on order at Waldenbooks for five months, and every time I've checked on it the clerk informs me the publication date is "next month" and she's told me that for a year! The local comic book store clerk said that the only BG comics he knows about aren't due until December. So what gives?
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 09:30 AM   #2
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default new saga comic book

I just received a book called "Battlestar Galactica Saga of a Star World" in the mail. It is a trade paperback book "Battlestar Galactica Saga of a Star World." I had to special order it (months ago) from the local Waldenbooks and it was mailed to me directly from the Waldenbooks warehouse once the chain had it available. It was published by Titon Books of London, and is copyright February 2005. It is a reprint of Marvel Comics #1-5 and #15 and #16. There is also an introduction by Richard Hatch, listings of the various comic books publications and the various paperback and hardback novels, some of the Mattel toys, and in the back are the blueprints. Cover art by Garry Leach. The cost is $19.99 US and 14.99 pounds.
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 02:40 PM   #3
Haveke

Battlestar Galactica 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollecto
I just received a book called "Battlestar Galactica Saga of a Star World" in the mail. It is a trade paperback book "Battlestar Galactica Saga of a Star World." I had to special order it (months ago) from the local Waldenbooks and it was mailed to me directly from the Waldenbooks warehouse once the chain had it available. It was published by Titon Books of London, and is copyright February 2005. It is a reprint of Marvel Comics #1-5 and #15 and #16. There is also an introduction by Richard Hatch, listings of the various comic books publications and the various paperback and hardback novels, some of the Mattel toys, and in the back are the blueprints. Cover art by Garry Leach. The cost is $19.99 US and 14.99 pounds.
Yes, Walden Books is a Very Good Source for Ordering Items Like this,(thats if its still available) I can Remember the MARVEL: Battlestar Galactia Comics... and it Really Pains Me... Back in the Early '80s' MARVEL Was 2nd Rate at Best... On Movie Graphic Novels, I've Found 'em to be Pretty Good. Now, if its Out of Print, then You Might want to Check With Amazon or some other Online Store...

I've Read a Couple of the Richard Hatch Books, and Found they Captured the Exact Flavor of the Original Galactia... Only with a Bit of a Twist Thrown in for Spice....

Hey, I always wanted to see How Apollo would Eventually Command the Galactia...

Thank You for Sharing this Valuable Info With Us!!

Jay

Old May 31st, 2005, 02:48 PM   #4
Haveke

I Can Remember that Mattel Put out the Colonial Viper & Cylon Raider Space Craft (Complete with Launchable Torpedoes), Kennor or Maybe Hasbro Made the Battlestar Galactia Action Figures, Also Mattel Had these Foam-Rubber Vipers that Were Launched from the Galactia (The Regular Aircract Version of this Toy Was Called Flying Aces), Then There were the Model Kits: Can't remember which Company made the Models, But there was Lots of Cool Colectable Stuff... Try Searching the Past Threads on Galactia Models... I Saw a Site that was Selling PVC Apollo & Starbuck, & Adama Figures... (Not Posable though)

And Then There are the Cubits(Props From the Orginal Series), and the Pyramid Decks... Galactia Patch, Activity Book, Collectable Comics Oh, and If You are Really into Collecting Battelstar Galactia Stuff: Intergalactic Trading Co. Has an Actual Helment (Prop) From Galactia 1980 ... Last Time I Checked the Price, it was somewhere in the Neighborhood of $1,800.

You can even find Galactia Table Clothes over at Intergalactia.

http://intergalactictrading.com/
Old June 1st, 2005, 03:20 PM   #5
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Rittenhouse Archives have confirmed to be by e-mail that they will be releasing a second card set based on the original series in December 2005. This has been known right from the start but it was the first I heard of confirming a release date.

Expect similar goodies to the previous sets, such as autograph cards etc etc etc
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2005, 04:25 PM   #6
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Mary: for action figures released this year:
Majestic Studios is making the 12 posable, real clothes type figures, Apollo & a silver Cylon are out, you can only get the Gold Centurion through Tower Records. Adama & Starbuck are due sometime this summer.

Joyride is making the 6 or so inch ones (the manufacturer will list as "racing champions" on sites like amazon.com) their online store is diecastexpress.com (I think) or try Suncoast Video.

Series 1 is a Cylon Centurian, A raider and a very battle dirty viper.
Series 2 is a Gold Cylon, Apollo, Starbuck, and a very pristine Blue Squadron Viper. (Viper may be carded on a Series 1 card, but it's officially Series 2)
Series 3 will contain Adama, Athena, and a Silver Spar Squadron/Pegasus viper.

Also: these are pretty much ebay only finds:
Konami Japan did an 8 piece 3" trading figure set this spring. Possible figures: Cylon, Galactica, Viper, Base Star, Raider are most common. Atlantia, Pegasus, and I'm not sure what the 8th figure is. They went for about $5-6 ea + shipping for folks that preordered.

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2005, 04:15 AM   #7
Haveke

Battlestar Galactica 1978

Its always good to see Companies still creating New stuff for Battlestar Galactia... When ABC pulled the Plug back in the Old Days, I Cried ... I was just a little kid & didn't want my Favorite Show to Be Gone... But with time, I learned to live with the Pain.

Now, here we are Now: 2005 and Battlestar Galactia is BACK!! The Orginal Show Still Sets at the Top of My Favorite SciFi Shows of all Time.

I'd Really Like to See Some Galactia Inspired Posters .. I can remember discussing with my cousin whether
'We could Snag the Movie Poster' when Battlestar Galactia was showing here in Town. .. (BTW... those Little Movie Poster Cabnet Locks can be Picked Easily) (Hey, I wasn't always the Upstanding Colonial Warrior you see standing before you.. I've Fractured a Minor Laws in my time...

When The Orginal Show was still on, I had the Starbuck Glass from Taco Plaza ... Really Wish I still had that Glass... I don't Even Know if Taco Plaza is even still in Business anymore.

Hey, this Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Mission...We're Coming Back!

Never Leave Your Wingman

See You On the flight Deck: