Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 11th, 2003, 08:48 AM   #1
the3rdhuman
Bad Email Address

Default Identity of MartianHighCouncil?

In reference to his posts on SCIFI board, does anyone have any insight on whether or not this might be David Ecch?
the3rdhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 08:51 AM   #2
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

"David Ecch"

That's the funniest typo I've ever seen, thanks!
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 09:05 AM   #3
the3rdhuman
Bad Email Address

Default Typo?

the3rdhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 10:44 AM   #4
LucianG
Warrior

3rdH,

See your first post.

L
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 10:46 AM   #5
LucianG
Warrior

Okay, I'm dense. NOT a typo.
Old April 11th, 2003, 06:27 PM   #6
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

It's a phonetic spelling is all.
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 06:34 PM   #7
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

I can't seem to find the post/reply where Michael (Faries) apparently confirmed that "Martian High CounCIL' is David Eick. Two of the posts on the Sci-Fi bboard were from an apparent clone "Martian High CounSEL".

You know, if and when BSG is continued, it may be anti-climactic...with all of the suspense and intrigue occurring on these boards. We may not have the energy to watch it (a continuation).

Just kidding!!!!!

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 06:53 PM   #8
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I just found the Council post from today. I don't ever remember Michael saying that the source was anyone identifiable. It's always struck me as someone with their own purposes for posting. I'm too tired to figure out what I just said. time to put me & my kiddo to bed.
jewels
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 07:10 PM   #9
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Jewels,

My remark about Michael confirming Eick's handle was something that I heard/read 2nd or maybe 3rd hand. I just can't remember where I saw it. Thought I did. Maybe I didn't. At this point, I don't know anymore!

Lord, I'm tired too...I lost count how many times I had to back-space for misspellings on this little reply.. Thank God we've progressed beyond the old fashioned 'correction tape' that we had to use on typewriters. This thing would be an unholy mess...would probably look like swiss cheese.

BST
Old April 11th, 2003, 07:16 PM   #10
Apothis
On Vacation...

Michael confirmation is in this thread. It is a soft confirmation but he acknowledges that MartianHighCouncil is from the production.
http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brows.../5/3315/319249
Apothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 08:00 PM   #11
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Apothis,

Thank you.

The fog is lifting, clouds are parting, sun starting to peek out. Maybe I'm not too far gone. Oh, I wish!!

BST
Old April 11th, 2003, 09:17 PM   #12
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

And I am SO hoping MartianHighCouncil is right. Hope is the flicker of a flame that becomes the fire that warms your soul. To know someone is listening and our voices have meaning, that is more wonderful than I can tell you .

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 10:25 PM   #13
LucianG
Warrior

Muffit,

I hope you are right, but his (whoever's) post of today seems to me to indicate they are moving full steam ahead in the direction they want.

http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/531/736

Unfortunately, that sounds typical, since when RDM has replied in the past, it's been that he is listening...but doing it his own way any way! Still, we must have hope and keep working to overturn this mess and put things on the right track.

With two unintentional railroad metaphors in one post, I'm going to bed.

Lucian
Old April 12th, 2003, 09:07 AM   #14
repcisg
Bad Email Address

It's not over yet,

Two major brokerages have valued Universal (the whole thing) at $15-$17 Billion.

Apple computer is willing to go 6 Billion for the music business, they have a new digital service coming out and would love to have Universals music library. But when word hit the streets about the possible deal, Apple's stock took a big hit, mixing two very different types of businesses under one roof rarely works.

Marvin Davis is still in the running, he is offering $15 Billion plus will take over $5 Billion of Vivendi's debt, total value $20 Billion.

This past week Vivendi has been able to raise $1.5 Billion through asset sales; they should now have $20 Billion in debts.

It is not clear what Vivendi's cash flow looks like to day, but the Music business contributes a major share. The major hang up for Vivendi remains cash flow; sale of the music business to Apple will leave the film business as a cash source but kill any deal with Marvin Davis and still leave $14 Billion in debt. Sale to Marvin Davis will leave Vivendi debt free but with a negative cash flow, supported by low value assets.

One interesting move this week is the renaming and restructuring of the relationship with Vivendi Environmental. It would appear the unit is being setup as a stand-alone entity. If this is the case then sale to Davis could make sense, the non performing units could be simply shut down leaving Vivendi as a holding company with two assets (a minor partner in a telecom company and the major partner in the new Vivendi Environmental company), both making money. In this scenario Vivendi comes out a tiny but profitable company.
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote