Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old February 8th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #1
Sarika
Strike Leader

Default Proboard Warriors

Just in the last few sectars of 2008, a new band of rag tag "Battlestar Galactica" based forum created with Proboards, bursted onto the BSG community scene. Among them are up to seven (and counting!) affiliated forums that were founded and are administrated by a group of mutual friends and associates, who are well known and respected members on some of the larger and older TOS BSG forums on the internet. Many of them hold positions on the popular and extensive Battlestar Galactica Club forum as President, Vice-president , Councilors and Member Guides.

The well loved and famous television series, the Original Battlestar Galactica from 1978-79, has long been a source of rich creativity and projects just in the world of fans alone. The show has inspired thousands around the world, and is still going as strong as ever!
These fresh new forums are a testimony to the deep impact the original series has made upon it's devoted fans that continues with unwavering passion everyday in these individuals.

With the births of forums "Hawke's Nest", "Battlestar Orion", "Battlestar Caprica", "Battlestar Earth", "Star Cyrannus Society", and now "Richard Hatch Fan Rec Room", fans are offered a range of wonderful sites to become members and join in the fun of mingling with other like-minded members.

Among the first independent proboards to emerge was "Hawke's Nest", owned/founded by a warrior in the BSG community, known as Hawke (or Captain Hawke).
"Hawkes Nest" offers discussions on the new and old BSG, plus a range of other topic boards that guarantees something for everyone, including his special tutorials and help for other proboard admins. That's why we call him our Web Guru!
Hawke also heads up the web administration of the proboard BSG Role Playing Game site, "Battlestar Callisto", where many members role play their own invented character, continuing thirty years after from the where the original series of "Galactica" left off.
Callisto members enjoy the fun of writing and collaborating with other members in the many story lines that offer plots of thrills and spills, while getting to play the part of a colonial warrior! What a dream come true for many of us, if only in our imagination's scope.
Quote:
"It's a blast to say the least, I can attest personally to it, as well as many other members !"- Siress Sarika (writes for the character of Gold Squadron's Lieutenant Persephone)

"Hawk's Nest" has been out there for over a yahren now as well as "Battlestar Caprica", with "Battlestar Orion " having been charging on for five yahrens now. What a tour de force!
Gradually in the later months of 2008, more innovative fans of the show from the BSG community begun creating new and exciting forums with proboards.

All these forums mentioned, are as of December 2008, affiliated, joining together as a larger band of collaborating sites. (Kind of like many mini satellite galaxies colliding in a big bang, creating an even more exciting and happening Galactic system!)
Quote:
"Big thanks and hugs to the genius behind the very idea, Hawke! The affiliation programe expresses our very belief in a global unified family of people from all walks of life, co-creating in a shared and common ground of interest and fellowship just as the Colonial Bloodline would fortify". -Siress Sarika

Following in the spirit of colonial fellowship that is found among members of almost every other BSG site , the administrators/owners/founders of each site can be found on each other's sites, helping to moderate or co-administrate for one another.
In this way, new members who join up on one affiliated site won't find it hard to find good help from one of the staff members, if they run into a problem with their accounts or have questions about the boards. You can be assured we will assist you in the most friendly and helpful manner.
Another aspect of these forums is that we know how important it is for members to enjoy an atmosphere where courtesy and respect is shown at all times between all members, when you visit, while still enjoying lots of good humor between participating members.
*On each forum board we do have a strict council policy of Forum Rules, so we assure you privacy and safety on our sites. (Council Security will enforce civilian law where needed).

The "Star Cyrannus Society" has grown tremendously just in four months, and will soon have our very special Honorary Member joining, the original Captain Apollo, the man himself, Richard Hatch! Though you will need to be a registered member first to view the boards dedicated to Richard's works/creativity/ film biography and photo gallery, and his participation in them. So if you're just a guest visiting the site, you won't be able to read any of the personal posts that Richard may leave within his exclusive boards. So what are you waiting for? We welcome new members on a regular basis. Hope aboard!

Quote:
"We are all looking forward to his arrival with much excitement. Richard is a gracious and wonderful person, whom I am most thankful to for his time and friendship. Thousands of fans will always be grateful of Richard's passionate ambassadorial efforts to revive BSG and keep the show alive in our hearts in the forms of, his Second Coming Trailer and his fabulous BSG books and his vast BG site, which has been a major source of all things BG. My staff, members and I all hope he will enjoy the forum and visit often when time permits. It will be a profound honor to have him as part of our group"!
-Siress Sarika

Meanwhile another a mutual friend of Richard's from his MySpace friends, Athene, of "Battlestar Earth" has created a new proboard forum in honor of Richard Hatch, his life, career, film biography and more. "The Richard Hatch Fan Rec Room" is only a week old at the time of writing this, but already promises to be a wonderful site! Richard hopes to drop by sometime soon. Thanks Richard!

Empress Viperqueen's "Battlestar Caprica" forum is TOS site only(as are most of the others), and members can also enjoy topics on other sci-fi shows and movies. The Caprican boards offer many other topics for discussion as well that are sure to interest everyone. So drop in yourself, you won't be sorry.

There may be other new proboards in the BSG theme to rise in near future. So keep your eyes on your scanners! And watch out for cylons...We want you to arrive in good condition without some scrap metal in toe...LOL!

With many thanks to our members who have joined our sites. We enjoy your fine company and contributions. We'd be nothing without you! We look forward your visits each time.

And deepest gratitude to all our staff who have worked hard to design the skin board layouts and set up all the technical side of things, taking time out of their busy personal lives to help maintain the forums everyday! You are all gems!
(Admittedly, we have a love of the labour, especially for BSG!)

With our very best greetings to all those of you reading this now!
We hope to see you coming onboard too soon on all our wonderful forums!
From the Admins of the Proboard Warrior Family,

Siress Sarika, Hawke, Athene, Empress Viperqueen, and Winterose.

Compiled by Siress Sarika

Links to the BSG proboard affliated family are listed here as follows:

Hawke-Admin/founder
Hawke's Nest
htttp://hawkesnest.proboards78.com
and Admin of
Battlestar Callisto
http://bscallisto.proboards20.com

Siress Sarika -Admin/founder
Star Cyrannus Society
http://siresssarika.proboards101.com

Athene-Admin/Founder
Battlestar Earth
http:/capricaprincess.proboards.com
and
Richard Hatch Fan Rec Room
http://richardhatch.proboards.com

Empress Viperqueen-Admin-founder
Battlestar Caprica
http://viperqueen.proboards18.com

Winterose-Admin/founder
Battlestar Orion
http://mkg63.proboards21.com

Some of our friendly Moderators or Co-Admins on these affiliated boards are:

Athene aka (Anne)
Aphrodite aka (Kelly)
Empress Viperqueen
Hawke aka (Scott)
Monolith 21
Nacky
Siress Sarika aka(HSH Princess Sarika)
Winterose

The Last Piscon Siress

HSH Princess Sarika Her Highness' MySpace
Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #2
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Default Re: Proboard Warriors

I'll be checking in soon.
Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2009, 04:03 PM   #3
AJMarks
Squadron Leader

I think I'm a member on several of those, or at least they sound familiar. I'm on too many boards (BSG, sports, politics, writing etc). Somedays I just can't remember them all.

You cannot go against nature, because when you do, that's part of nature too.
AJMarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Have you published anything new recently?
Old March 16th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #5
AJMarks
Squadron Leader

Nope, been doing a lot of research for a world war two naval game. An alt realiaty game in which war doesn't start until 1945. Involves a lot of research for naval classes and imagination with what was possible for a country to build, support and if they would even design it.

Old March 16th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #6
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarks View Post
Nope, been doing a lot of research for a world war two naval game. An alt realiaty game in which war doesn't start until 1945. Involves a lot of research for naval classes and imagination with what was possible for a country to build, support and if they would even design it.
Crikey! You need my help! That is my other hobby.
Old March 16th, 2009, 06:08 PM   #7
AJMarks
Squadron Leader

I'm a self proclaimed naval historian, especially from 1900 to modren day. Specalizing in the pacific battles of WW2.

Old March 16th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #8
Sarika
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarks View Post
I think I'm a member on several of those, or at least they sound familiar. I'm on too many boards (BSG, sports, politics, writing etc). Somedays I just can't remember them all.
Ahhh...hon, you are most definately a member on my forum...you also poste dyour stories there just recently..."Catharsis treatment for one here doctor"!!!() Don't worry AJ...I'm having trouble just catching up with all my B/d wishes everywhere!!! Whew!

Hope to see you Damocles onboard the Star Cyrannus Society and many others!!

The Last Piscon Siress

HSH Princess Sarika Her Highness' MySpace
Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote