Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old September 29th, 2005, 10:07 PM   #1
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Smallville - Season 5 Premiere (spoilers)

I have to admit, I really like Smallville, but there are times when the show becomes a teen version of the X-Files, I just leave it for a time...

I just saw the Season 5 Premiere......Hoo Boy! They've pulled me back in!

It was like watching a TV version of the first 2 Superman films....

They had Kal-El in the arctic tossing the crystal and then the Fortress of Solitude comes up thru the ice just as it did in Superman: The Movie. (having Chloe around kind of complicated things, though). When Kal-El is talking to Jor-El and is downloading Kryptonian history, you see flashes of footage from the destruction of Krypton as it appeared in the first film. Kal-El winds up interruping the "download" to save Chloe who is rapidly freezing to death in the Fortress. Jor-El protests, but leaves with Chloe anyways.

There is a spaceship (more of a large crystal, really) that arrives on earth during the meteor storm - with two people in it.....from Krypton. Dressed in black, they remind me of the Kryptonian criminals in Superman II. They don't want to destroy Kal-El, they just want him to help them take over the planet earth.....I think they picked the wrong guy!

Another Superman II moment (kind of) is at the end of the episode, the two mysterious Kryptonians, unable to get Kal-El to join them decide to put him in the Phantom Zone. At first, I didn't know what to make of what was happening, but I got the idea real fast. The female tossed a shiny "ring" that was about 8 inches in diameter at Kal-El. When it misses him, a portal opens in mid-air and Kal-El is almost pulled in. Kal-El frees himself from the vortex and pushes the two "villains" into the vortex - which turns into a two-dimensional polygon like in the first 2 Supeman films and the Supergirl film.

After Kal-El rescues Lana, immediately after, he mysteriously loses his super powers (made me think of Superman II again). Clark's explanation was that Jor-El took them away after he takes care of the super-renegades.

The capper of the episode is when Kal-El goes looking for the Kryptonian ship that brought the two renegades to earth, but it is missing. Lex Luthor has it in the LuthorCorp labs where a substance is leaking from it. That substance coalesces into another male Kryptonian - probably the 3rd "villain"....

All in all, it was a lot of fun to watch!

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote