Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old October 26th, 2003, 01:53 AM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Default The success of the mini...

I asked Tom Desantos whether his project would be better for his project if the mini failed or if it succeeded. Someone esle asked it the project bombed would it hurt the chances for revival.

He said

IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!

(he didn't yell it. I just wanted to express this point cause its so important)

It makes no difference to the people with decision making power whether or not the mini succeeds or tanks when it comes to deciding our Galactica's fate. He said only one thing matters, how THE PUBLIC feels. After the mini becomes a hit and people are still interested in the old show that would be great. If it fails it doesn't matter. But what matters is if people still care to watch old reruns of the old show. Or buy the DVDs.

This is important to fleets because it effects how we must continue. if we become bratty and bickering over Ted or clones or bashing the mini or anything else negative then that will drive away the public at large who really don't want to see a online version of the Jerry Springer Show.

if BG can be such a positive thing, that people can love coming here and really have alot of fun no matter WHAT their thoughts about the mini, then that goes a long way to helping the true BG come back to us. negativity may doom the mini, but it won't help our Galactica.

Think about that folks.

I'm off to bed. Then I'll try to remember what I can to post what they said. And Julie, Michele, Don and the rest of the people who attended can help with the reporting.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2003, 06:20 AM   #2
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

dang... I couldn't sleep, so I'll post again.

I got to ask him about some stuff about the new management at scifi and revival and one other thing he told all of us was that the entire industry is in a lock down right now. Right now the mini is the only game in town. Until it airs nothing matters.

So all the protests will fall on deaf ears. They don't care if you got a million signatures. The point is they got this multi-million dollar project and they have to use it. They can't stop it and swallow the loss.

The airing of the mini could make us all believers in it. I know. Fat chance. But that's what ThePowersThatBe think. So NOTHING we do matters UNTIL it airs.

And like I said in another thread, our fate isn't linked with the success or failure of the mini. Its how people perceive the original series after that that matters.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2003, 06:24 AM   #3
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default If you don't succeed, try try again.

http://www.petitiononline.com/pep/petition.html
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2003, 12:59 PM   #4
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Quote:
And like I said in another thread, our fate isn't linked with the success or failure of the mini. Its how people perceive the original series after that that matters.
Good, because I really can imagine myself having to see the mini no matter what. So I hope after the mini, they can perceive the huge numbers of the dvd and that the results of the mini is a consequence of people who didn't know how to handle the great product they have in their hands.

I signed the petition.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote